++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 10-08-2003, 10:44 PM   #46
Lechium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
He was a high caliber politician. Of fourse he has a lot of baggage, and of course people who get in his way are fucked. That's how it goes, that's how things always are. You think Bush has nothing to hide? Come on.
Old 10-08-2003, 10:50 PM   #47
JenRN
USER INFO »
Anyone who gets in the way of the president is fucked It is the caniving, smug lying I hated about him. No one said Bush was perfect here. Of course EVERYONE has baggage, a person without baggage does not exist. It is the crap he did in office I hated. He did some good things I know, but for the most part I just did not like him, I an entitled to that as an American, just like you even though you are not a citizen are as well! We all are not going to agree on politics here, that is a fact. I just want people who are blinded by Clinton's smooth talking and hollywood persona to take off the blinders and see what is there. Like I said it is not the Democratic party I have a beef with, it is him!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 10-09-2003, 01:23 AM   #48
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Lechium
And about attacks... Bush is attakcing countries there arent even aggressive towards US, like Iraq, which is even worse. With Bush America became a bully.

Hate to break it to you, but America's been a "bully" for a good 60 years or so now. Good ol' liberals FDR and Truman, yep. The influence of the media changes the way we view things, and the extent to which we view these things. The US has gone into countless third world nations worldwide (I'm not knocking these actions) since the end of WWII; we have been despised in these regions for many years--South America, Central America, South and Southeast Asia to name a few. It's sad to hear that you feel the US just recently became a global "bully". Most often, superpowers (that which the US is) are viewed as such.

Old 10-09-2003, 11:39 AM   #49
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by JenRN
Anyone who gets in the way of the president is fucked It is the caniving, smug lying I hated about him.  No one said Bush was perfect here.  Of course EVERYONE has baggage, a person without baggage does not exist.  It is the crap he did in office I hated.  He did some good things I know, but for the most part I just did not like him, I an entitled to that as an American, just like you even though you are not a citizen are as well!  We all are not going to agree on politics here, that is a fact.  I just want people who are blinded by Clinton's smooth talking and hollywood persona to take off the blinders and see what is there.  Like I said it is not the Democratic party I have a beef with, it is him!

Hey Clinton MAYBE killed people who knew trash about him. Bush is reposncible for soldiers who die in Iraq every day, because they are... umm... guarding oil there?!
I am not blindin by Clintons whetever, I just look at the way he had put country togeather, and I say -- he was good at what he was doing. I look at country right now and I'm saying -- guy's who's in charge doesnt know much about running a country. That's all.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:39 AM   #50
Lechium
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by BearFan
<b>Hate to break it to you, but America's been a "bully" for a good 60 years or so now. &nbsp;Good ol' liberals FDR and Truman, yep. &nbsp;The influence of the media changes the way we view things, and the extent to which we view these things. &nbsp;The US has gone into countless third world nations worldwide (I'm not knocking these actions) since the end of WWII; we have been despised in these regions for many years--South America, Central America, South and Southeast Asia to name a few. &nbsp;It's sad to hear that you feel the US just recently became a global "bully". &nbsp;Most often, superpowers (that which the US is) are viewed as such. </b>

this always was but do different exent. Now it is more than it was 10 years ago. That's it. Learn to read between the lines.
Old 10-09-2003, 01:30 PM   #51
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Lying, cheating and conniving is NOT limited to the Democrats. I think big daddy Bush ran the CIA early in his career, no? Talk about lying, conniving, conspiring and killing.
Old 10-09-2003, 04:27 PM   #52
RMadd
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
Lying, cheating and conniving is NOT limited to the Democrats. I think big daddy Bush ran the CIA early in his career, no? Talk about lying, conniving, conspiring and killing.

Dude, the CIA rocks. I wanna work for 'em some day. Cool, eh? Not like Jason Bourne in Bourne Identity. Just some boring-ass desk job or something (like "Three Days of the Condor"). Political analyst is what I aspire to be, actually.
True; all politicians are corrupt in some way or another. It's sad. For a kitschy movie about this, see "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington".

Old 10-09-2003, 04:57 PM   #53
Lechium
USER INFO »
CIA grows and sells drugs.
that's how much they rock.
Old 10-09-2003, 06:41 PM   #54
RMadd
USER INFO »

Old 10-09-2003, 07:09 PM   #55
JenRN
USER INFO »
This argument could go on and on forever.... it is politics RIGHT!!!!!

BTW..... I said over and over that it is NOT the democrats I have a beef with it is CLINTON! And yeah I NEVER said Bush was perfect, I made that point as well. There are good in all of them, just some lie a little more than others.

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 10-09-2003, 08:08 PM   #56
njcreedite
USER INFO »
WOW! I love reading all these different views on our government. Interesting. I studied political history in college (among my many other minors...) and have closely watched the goings on since Watergate. I think I'll keep my opinions on the Arnold thing and the Clinton vs. Bush stuff to myself. I'd hate to start a war here. Very touchy subjects obviously, but always interesting.
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 10-09-2003, 08:15 PM   #57
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by njcreedite
WOW! &nbsp;I love reading all these different views on our government. &nbsp;Interesting. &nbsp;I studied political history in college (among my many other minors...) &nbsp;and have closely watched the goings on since Watergate. &nbsp;I think I'll keep my opinions on the Arnold thing and the Clinton vs. Bush stuff to myself. &nbsp;I'd hate to start a war here. &nbsp;Very touchy subjects obviously, but always interesting.

Yeah my debate skills sneek up on me from high school when this stuff comes up. I should know better than to do this on here, but sometimes I get the burning desire to get my point across. I am a open minded on a lot of things, but I have seen too many facts on Clinton on several different shows, books, articles etc.... that I make my opinion from. I actually have seen him speak in debate in PA, I actually got to ask him a question.... and he could not give me a straight answer, that has ALWAYS bothered me from then on!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 10-09-2003, 08:21 PM   #58
njcreedite
USER INFO »
Politicians of all parties love to "obfuscate"
(love that word...it says it all)
We were both singers. Chris Cornell The first time we played he came to this little club and he told me that it was really good and he was thankful that I was there and that I was who I was, or something really nice, but the whole time he was saying this, he didn't realize but he was standing under a black light, and his teeth were glowing and his eyes were glowing. I remember it as my first conversation with Satan ..."
Old 10-09-2003, 10:46 PM   #59
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
1. What did Arnold do to earn that votes??? Besides being a celebrity...

2. Sorry, Julie. If "Bush Jr." was doing a good job, he wouldn't be so hated worldwide.

3. Clinton was lucky to get a good cycle, but yet he was extremely skilled to conduct US Economy keeping good politics:
American Economy is going downhill, Bush's office acts to that are just lame... Did you ever get interested in knowing what is USA's deficit?

4. Bush Jr is all about "Do what I say, don't do what I do. Rules are only applied to the others"

5. Iraq - where's Saddam Hussein?

6. Where's Bin Laden? You claim you're winning the war, but you don't see any results...

7. Subsidies in America, prejudicing the World Trade.

8. Kyoto Protocol... well, who cares about earth anyway as long we keep producing oil, specially in Middle East?!

9. Last week, support Israel to attack Siria was just wrong. But the jews own you...

10. When Clinton was president, USA was a partner and a friend: in LA, Europe, Asia, Africa, Pacific. With Bushie, US became a monster that everybody dislike. Just get a survey results about "how do you like America" after 9/11 and now, after 2 wars, one being totally non-sense.

So, sorry. I don't see (judging democrats by Clinton and republicans by Bush) why being a republican rocks. Actually, it's pretty much the other way, inmho.

And the finale: Yep, Clinton lied. He cheated his wife. What politician doesn't lie? How many of them didn't cheat? And this whole thing about the war in Iraq: wasn't it a lie?
Old 10-09-2003, 10:47 PM   #60
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
and my can of worms is open!!!