CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Governor Schwarzenegger (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=4576)

TeriB19 10-07-2003 11:11 PM

Governor Schwarzenegger

So Gray Davis got recalled and your new Governor of California is none other than the Terminator!!! Can we please move on and get past this nonsense? This is almost as annoying as the Ben & Jen fiasco.

facelessman 10-07-2003 11:31 PM

it is annoying, but what better does the media have to talk about

TeriB19 10-07-2003 11:49 PM

Wow, with the growing number of people that are homeless, dying of AIDS, cancer, heart disease. I'll bet if it were Arnold Schwarzenegger who contracted one of these diseases it would be all over the news. It wasn't until Magic Johnson came out with his HIV positive status that the media gave more attention to AIDS. So unless you are a big name celebrity, you don't rate on the nightly news.

facelessman 10-07-2003 11:51 PM

that is true, my friend, that is true

DangerousDan85 10-08-2003 12:14 AM

well the only other state governor to be recalled was way back in 1921, so it's a pretty big deal

Jez 10-08-2003 01:39 AM

Yes, Dan...it's a very big deal. If you only knew how many times I've sat and listened to people (particularly my parents) complain about G.D.
But I agree Teri, this has gotten to the point where it's almost a joke. I really hope he can pull this off. Perhaps with the right guidance he will be able to.

Lechium 10-08-2003 04:29 AM

ummmm annoying to you, and i gotta live in state which's governr has no political experiecne whatsoever.
go figure

Jez 10-08-2003 10:40 AM

Ummmmm....I live in this state too, Lech. I think I have a right to say when I'm annoyed/concerned.

Redeemer 10-08-2003 11:00 AM

*grins fondly* Lech sure hasn't changed. lol.
I knew something like that was gonna happen in Cali. It figures--there seems to be a new trend about celeb govs. Case in point...Jesse Ventura. But Cali's a big and complicated state...let's hope Ahnold doesn't become too overwhelmed with his new unforeseen duties. :D

JenRN 10-08-2003 11:01 AM

I don't live in Ca and it does not affect me so I really don't care. I just know that things become a big circus at times and I just hope he can do a good job. Remember Ronald Reagan went on this track, he did a good job in California as govenor. Things on here sometimes become a circus as well especially when politics are brought up, so I guess if it does not affect me, I am not going to worry about it!

jango 10-08-2003 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lechium
ummmm annoying to you, and i gotta live in state which's governr has no political experiecne whatsoever.
go figure

Well, we've had to endure a national leader with no expertise... or... brains... for that matter, so Ah-nuld should be no problem for California.

JenRN 10-08-2003 12:12 PM

Oh brother..... here we go:ignore:

Lechium 10-08-2003 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jez
Ummmmm....I live in this state too, Lech.  I think I have a right to say when I'm annoyed/concerned.

i was referring to Teri actualy... dont take things too personally heh

Jez 10-08-2003 01:17 PM

Not only is Arnold our governor now, but in the city where I live, Bubba from "In The Heat Of The Night" is our mayor.

Dogstar 10-08-2003 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by jango
Well, we've had to endure a national leader with no expertise... or... brains... for that matter, so Ah-nuld should be no problem for California.

:D...

I feel bad for California. I'm not saying G.D. didn't have his drawbacks, but I don't see how Ah-nuld thinks he can do a better job. Celebrity hubris :rolleyes: