++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-05-2003, 10:48 PM   #16
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Dogstar
OMFG!!! LMFAO at your avie, SD!!!!! My *blood* brother!
Oh my GOD!!! Toooooooo funny I'm laughing my ass off!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 06-05-2003, 10:50 PM   #17
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Old 06-06-2003, 12:10 AM   #18
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
Bound and t iii  ee d  Bound and T ii ee d  Your Bound and T ii ee d

:P
Old 06-06-2003, 10:28 PM   #19
JenRN
USER INFO »
I have been playing bound and tied over and over since Creedfest, what does it mean?

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 06-17-2003, 02:23 AM   #20
souldancer
USER INFO »
Jen, I was blasting that one and Is This The End on the Florida gulf...and have been since! WIsh I knew what it was about these songs that has me bound and tied!! ,,will keep playing them..and will check in later.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:33 PM   #21
Solidus Ardet
USER INFO »
Well, Bound & Tied seems to deal with a pretty strong theme in Scott's music.

It's essentially a look at imprisonment, finding out what's real, searching for yourself, and dealing with the "chains that bind" in in his life. Take is as a post-teen stage look at his life overall. He seems to be reflecting on his earlier days, and how he feels his life has turned out. Let's do a critical analysis.

"Toungue tied, restless, and wanting... looks like you might bite. You might bite." -- The song starts off with this, and sets the tone for the rest of the song. He's commenting on how he was hungry for life, after being so repressed and held down from his circumstance. He wants to get out, to taste life.

"Breathin' in, breathin' out, your weakening. The poison's hit your mind. Your mind." -- signifies the begining of change. He's finally being changed by the world. Now that he knows the world a bit better, and it's leading him to break his past views and idealisms and make new ones.

"Time's tickin' and it's got you thinkin', You're happy with your life. Your life." -- Scott does this frequently in his lyrics. Here, after seeing what's out there, he is asking himself whether or not he's truly happy with his life.

"Take a jet plane my way lately? 'Cause now, you are *mine*...you are *mine*" -- He kinda personifies all these controlloing powers in his life with the chorus. The stuff that's giving him a hard time in life is mocking him -- "You are *mine*" ..
as if he has no control over his life, e.i. -- the jet plane.

"This airplane's going my way, 'cause now you're Bound and Tied...
You're Bound and Tied
Bound and Tied" -- As if his life is under the control of these constant, uncompromising, controlling forces -- could be school, his parents, his friends...whatever.

"Now sit and reflect on all the fame ... time to dim the lights. Your lights." -- That strange third person voice is asking him, again, whether or not he's happy with his life. It goes beyond the normal, public life he shares. It's asking, after the show, after all the music and the riches and the status, after the lights dim and he's sitting in the dark, is he happy?

"Zoomin' in, your zoomin' out, your questioning -- for that there is no crime. No crime." -- his life keeps changing, and the voice reassures him that it's alright to think about what's going on and to examine himself and his life.

"Your jaded, slated, and singled-out by all those chains that bind. That bind..." -- Reiterates that he's being battered and pushed around by the "chains that bind" ...

"We fly" -- outro leading to the possiblity of hope and freedom.

So, all in all, great song, definately a favorite...