++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-23-2005, 02:51 PM   #1
PJAmerica
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to PJAmerica Send a message via Yahoo to PJAmerica
Stapp performing the national anthem at the Ford 400 race at Homestead-Miami Speedway

Quote: As you eagerly await the November 22nd release date of THE GREAT DIVIDE, Scott Stapp's much anticipated solo album, we wanted to let you in on some really cool news.

Stapp and his first single, “The Great Divide,” will be featured in a NASCAR Image Campaign that will air during the Chase for the NASCAR Nextel Cup. Stapp joins a growing list of major entertainment stars to appear in NASCAR campaigns including Lenny Kravitz, Lisa Marie Presley and Three Doors Down.

The campaign will culminate with Stapp performing the national anthem at the Ford 400 race at Homestead-Miami Speedway on November 20th, 2005. The Ford 400, the final race of the 2005 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series, will determine the Cup Champion and will be televised on NBC (3pm EST, check local listings).

This is just one of many cool things that are happening, so stay tuned to ScottStapp.com for more info and events as they become available.

Old 09-23-2005, 03:06 PM   #2
titan9
USER INFO »
Not much of a Nascar fan, but I'll have to remember to watch that. It should be interesting, seeing as how so many disliked his performance of God Bless America at the World Series last year(wonder if the WS will invite him back?). I think he'll do a good job of singing the National Anthem, but we'll see.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 09-23-2005, 03:25 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
The national anthem is pretty hard to sing. A lot of range in that one, but hey, who knows? I hope he does a great job. I don't watch NASCAR, but I may tune in if they actually are going to show the performance.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:27 PM   #4
titan9
USER INFO »
Oh yeah, the National Anthem is very hard to sing, particularly for singers who are like Stapp(i.e. sing rather low). What he did with GBA was to keep it low, which suits him fine, imo. I do not think he should try to stretch his vocal ability(i.e. go higher than he is able to) with this song, as that'll only make him sound worse. The best thing for him, imo, is to keep it low.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 09-23-2005, 05:11 PM   #5
Trimontana
USER INFO »
i think he did pretty well. Who the hell would be there standing among so many people watching and doing it perfectly. I think he did great. I wosh him luck tho anyway
Old 09-23-2005, 05:15 PM   #6
PJAmerica
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to PJAmerica Send a message via Yahoo to PJAmerica
He'll do fine.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:16 PM   #7
creedsister
USER INFO »
Awsome
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-23-2005, 05:19 PM   #8
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) The national anthem is pretty hard to sing. A lot of range in that one, but hey, who knows? I hope he does a great job. I don't watch NASCAR, but I may tune in if they actually are going to show the performance.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa i dont even know it except from sea to shining sea i dont know all the words HEY IF FREAKING ROSEANN Pulled It Off Anybody Can Do It Am I Right
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 09-23-2005, 05:20 PM   #9
PJAmerica
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa i dont even know it except from sea to shining sea i dont know all the words HEY IF FREAKING ROSEANN Pulled It Off Anybody Can Do It Am I Right
So long as he doesn't grab his crotch...............lol
Old 09-23-2005, 05:22 PM   #10
Frankie
USER INFO »
I thought you might like to read the full press release about the NASCAR connection.

Quote: Creed's Scott Stapp to Release Long-Awaited Solo Album; Gets His Motor Running With NASCAR; "The Great Divide" to Be Released on November 22nd
NEW YORK, NY -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 09/22/2005 -- Multi platinum recording artist Scott Stapp will release his long-awaited solo album, "The Great Divide," on November 22nd on Wind-up Records. Also announced today is a joint venture between Wind-up Records and NASCAR, who are joining forces with an integrated marketing and image campaign set to launch in early to mid October in support of the release of the highly anticipated album. Stapp and his first single, "The Great Divide," will be featured in a NASCAR Image Campaign that will air during the Chase for the NASCAR Nextel Cup. Stapp joins a growing list of major entertainment stars to appear in NASCAR campaigns including Lenny Kravitz, Lisa Marie Presley and Three Doors Down.

As a founder and the voice of Creed, Stapp's success is virtually unparalleled, having won the Grammy® Award for Best Rock Song in 2000, 9 Billboard Awards, 2 American Music Awards, and a People's Choice Award. He has sold over 30 millions units worldwide with just three albums, and had 7 consecutive #1 Rock Radio singles.

Stapp, one of the most recognizable voices in music, will be featured in a variety of NASCAR marketing platforms. The campaign will culminate with Stapp performing the national anthem at the Ford 400 race at Homestead-Miami Speedway on November 20th, 2005. The Ford 400, the final race of the 2005 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series, will determine the Cup Champion and will be televised on NBC (3pm EST, check local listings).

"Scott Stapp's emotional intensity and powerful performance make him the perfect artist to represent the NASCAR experience," said Sarah Nettinga, director, film, television and music entertainment for NASCAR Digital Entertainment. "We are also thrilled that Scott will be on hand to kick off the Miami Ford 400 event and bring his music directly to the NASCAR fans."

"I'm a huge NASCAR fan," comments Stapp. "I loved performing at the NASCAR awards banquet last year and I can't wait to sing the national anthem in November at the championship race in Homestead. It's a real honor to partner with NASCAR in promoting the cup challenge."

Details of the program include a co-branded television campaign featuring a montage of NASCAR footage interwoven with excerpts from Stapp's new music video and single "The Great Divide", also the album's title track. The image campaign will air through the fall. Other program elements include exclusive web content from the Image Campaign on Stapp's web site (www.scottstapp.com).

"Based on NASCAR's passionate audience, broad reach, and powerful branding, the Chase for the NASCAR Nextel Cup is an ideal marketing platform to launch Scott's solo album 'The Great Divide,'" says Ed Vetri, Wind-up's chief operating officer. "As the country's largest independent label, Wind-up is always pursuing marketing partnerships that will have synergy and impact for our artists. We know that Scott's fans (and Scott himself) love NASCAR. Scott's music really captures the excitement and spirit of NASCAR which is why we're so excited about this partnership -- Scott Stapp and NASCAR are a great fit."
Old 09-23-2005, 05:28 PM   #11
creedsister
USER INFO »
yes thanks i could,nt get it to open my browser is to slow
Old 09-23-2005, 06:04 PM   #12
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Thats cool...thanks for posting!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 09-23-2005, 09:21 PM   #13
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa i dont even know it except from sea to shining sea i dont know all the words
Those words aren't even a part of the Star Spangled Banner.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:33 PM   #14
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) Those words aren't even a part of the Star Spangled Banner.
Haaaaaaa your kiding Right Well Then Which Is My Country And Something To Do With A V So Help Me I dont know {{{ Paper bag }}}