++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-02-2004, 09:28 AM   #46
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
And just to confirm johellion's statement, the very first Creed show here in Milwaukee, WI was held at The Rave Bar, and tickets were $5.00

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-02-2004, 03:47 PM   #47
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) Maybe because it was during the world series......and people watch the world series.....

Yep, that's true, lots of people watched the world series. But Stapp wasn't on very long, all you had to do was get up and go to the bathroom and you would have missed it. Or you could have gotten up to get something to drink, or checked sports scores on ESPN. You could have channel surfed too.

Lots of reasons to miss it, but only one to sit and watch something that you knew from the beginning you weren't going to like.

I thought he did a great job!!
Old 11-02-2004, 03:55 PM   #48
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) I know this hase bee answered but i thought i would but my two cents in......

1. Myles is sick (as stated before), he admits that he is sick and they have had to cancel shows because of it (as stated)

2. The Vh1 message board is quite possibly the worst source you can get. Try somebody credible.

3. How is he a prima donna?

4. He must miss soundchecks so he can save his voice because he is sick ......hmmm thats a thought.....but i guess you wouldn't have thought of that.

5. what do this have to do with Scott?

6. I looked on the Vh1 message board and I can't find what you are talking about......

Check the VH1 Creed board. There is a thread titled "Tidbits from the West Coast", you'll find it there. Is the info credible? Oh, I certainly believe it is.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:11 PM   #49
ctfan
USER INFO »
[quote=johellion]
Quote: Let's see a/b is in seattle and the cost to see them is what $9.99 to get in........that ain't gonna pay for those tour busses long now is it? Oh and let's not forget the buy one get one free...........Oh and with Brian's wonderful presence in Seattle with the Pearl Jam comment a few years ago that is sure to endear the fine folks of Seattle to a/b...........

First and foremost .....the subject is about Scott's preformance at the world series, and I am not gonna comment on that cause I did not see it, but Bobby you have now pissed me off....You are showing your ignorance again!!!!! The 9.99 tickets .....yes it is paying for their buses, and do YOU think Creed's tickets were high priced at first????I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!! AS A MATTER OF FACT CREEDS SMALL VENUE PRICES WERE ALOT LESS...I PAID 5.00. Now you have to understand the difference....between NOW and in the Creed days...these guys have money already!!! You also said "buses"....They only have ONE bus.

Now!!!! You are talking about Brian, and the Seattle radio interview!!!! I'm not gonna go into that because it was a bunch of bull, stuff being taken out of context, and in the same interview he praied PJ, said he use to listen to them in high school. Now if you want to discuss it with me further...you can PM me or IM me....but don't stir shit YOU know nothing about!!! Thank u

Okay, so this isn't about Stapp's performance anymore. That's cool. I'll post a few comments then.

If I'm not mistaken, AB's ticket prices have varied. For what reason, I have no idea unless it's to fill venues. Because some tix are 9.99 and I believe that the show in GB, tickets are 23.50. You also have to remember johellion, that your talking about Creed tix being 5.00 more than 10 years ago.

That very same dj, that Brian made those PJ comments to said on air not a week or so ago, that Brian was calling from a fishing boat and that he was intoxicated. No one is stirring the shit, go listen to it, there is nothing to be taken out of context.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:06 PM   #50
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
And one more thing, if I may...the title of this thread:

Quote: Scott Stapp AWEFUL singing at the world series

He was most definitely "AWE-FUL(L)"....in that he did a great job with a difficult song....taken in that context what's there to "bitch" about?

NOTHIN'.... ...of course this is a positive point of view...we all know that there is more than enough negativity, don't we?...
Old 11-02-2004, 06:40 PM   #51
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Okay, so this isn't about Stapp's performance anymore. That's cool. I'll post a few comments then.

If I'm not mistaken, AB's ticket prices have varied. For what reason, I have no idea unless it's to fill venues. Because some tix are 9.99 and I believe that the show in GB, tickets are 23.50. You also have to remember johellion, that your talking about Creed tix being 5.00 more than 10 years ago.

That very same dj, that Brian made those PJ comments to said on air not a week or so ago, that Brian was calling from a fishing boat and that he was intoxicated. No one is stirring the shit, go listen to it, there is nothing to be taken out of context.

No, here in The UK the ticket for sep. gig was 13.50 pounds ($23.00).
Old 11-03-2004, 02:07 AM   #52
Disillusioned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) If I'm not mistaken, AB's ticket prices have varied. For what reason, I have no idea unless it's to fill venues. Because some tix are 9.99 and I believe that the show in GB, tickets are 23.50. You also have to remember johellion, that your talking about Creed tix being 5.00 more than 10 years ago.
$9.99?? ...Alter Bridge tickets for the Spokane, WA. show were $23.50, but every bit worth it
Old 11-03-2004, 07:27 AM   #53
johellion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Okay, so this isn't about Stapp's performance anymore. That's cool. I'll post a few comments then.

Ctfan....first and foremost I was not talking to you.....I was talking to BobbyMgee....and I know some of those tickets may vary,,, I was at the Voodoo fest...it was 40.00....I know this, I was making reference to what Bobby was saying...in general!!

yep Brian was calling from a fishing boat, and he may have been drinking, , I have listened to it many times....and yes it still can be taken out of context..like I told Bobby...don't talk about stuff YOU know nothing about, and if you want to dicuss it more PM or IM me,,,,

Bobby, and Ctfan.....stop digging up old dead horses
Old 11-03-2004, 07:34 AM   #54
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
geez... what's up with the bus issues? even Submersed has their own bus and they just released their debut album.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:46 AM   #55
johellion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) geez... what's up with the bus issues? even Submersed has their own bus and they just released their debut album.

GOOD QUESTION BRIDGE!!!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 08:51 AM   #56
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
OK... I Didn't bother Reading this thread after Page 2... so if i'm repeating Someone else... i apologize...
THE FACTS ARE, SCOTT STAPP DIDN'T SING THE SONG VERY WELL. PERIOD.
Whether it was because of Illness or just because he Can't Sing anymore Doesn't Matter! He embarrassed himself And Creed fans alike! If he was Sick he shouldn't have done it! Stapp will never seem to learn that you can SAY NO. This is what caused problems with creed... and it's hurting him now. IF YOU'RE SICK. DON'T GO OUT THERE!!! People will understand! And those that don't Aren't worth it!

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 11-03-2004, 11:26 AM   #57
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: IF YOU'RE SICK. DON'T GO OUT THERE!!! People will understand! And those that don't Aren't worth it!

very interesting quote, Wylde-Tremonti, because apparently you don't understand...if stapp would have NOT done the song, he would have caught flack for it...so he did the song anyways and is still catching flack for it...

he did well, with a difficult song, under the circumstances, which only he knows for sure. I don't think he embarassed himself in the least...what I have observed, is that it is some so called Creed Fans and former Creed Fans that have become the biggest embarassment to the memory of Creed.

As for stapp not being able to sing anymore...hang in there a few more months..because I have a feeling that a lot of people will find out how many ways "Crow" can be eaten.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:27 AM   #58
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti) OK... I Didn't bother Reading this thread after Page 2... so if i'm repeating Someone else... i apologize...
THE FACTS ARE, SCOTT STAPP DIDN'T SING THE SONG VERY WELL. PERIOD.
Whether it was because of Illness or just because he Can't Sing anymore Doesn't Matter! He embarrassed himself And Creed fans alike! If he was Sick he shouldn't have done it! Stapp will never seem to learn that you can SAY NO. This is what caused problems with creed... and it's hurting him now. IF YOU'RE SICK. DON'T GO OUT THERE!!! People will understand! And those that don't Aren't worth it!

Well said !!!!!!

Old 11-03-2004, 12:49 PM   #59
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) very interesting quote, Wylde-Tremonti, because apparently you don't understand...if stapp would have NOT done the song, he would have caught flack for it...so he did the song anyways and is still catching flack for it...
Oh please, you really need to get off the cross. Damned if you do, damned if you don't? Why doesn't he stop worrying about what other people think and just do what's right for him? His voice was not strong and he was flat. Whatever the reason, maybe Matt's right and Scott should have declined.

Quote: he did well, with a difficult song, under the circumstances, which only he knows for sure. I don't think he embarassed himself in the least
We've been over this, but I will disagree with you once more. I wouldn't say he embarrassed himself, but he did not perform well. People I watched it with who knew nothing about him thought he sucked, plain and simple

Quote: ...what I have observed, is that it is some so called Creed Fans and former Creed Fans that have become the biggest embarassment to the memory of Creed.
Give me a break already. Once again, we are chastised for trying to be honest about what we saw and heard and for *gasp* spouting so-called negativity :rollseyes:. Believe me, if I thought he nailed the song, I would have been singing his praises all over the board. He didn't.

Quote: As for stapp not being able to sing anymore...hang in there a few more months..because I have a feeling that a lot of people will find out how many ways "Crow" can be eaten.
Matt didn't say he couldn't sing anymore; he simply suggested it as a possibility. I hope the man's voice recovers from whatever it was that ailed it because I want to enjoy his music, too. It has nothing to do with eating crow.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:50 PM   #60
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I can't say I think Stapp did an excellent job singing the song. I've certainly seen better performances from him. However, I also think it's a bit harsh to say he embarrassed himself.