++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 02-19-2004, 09:42 AM   #1
revisfoot
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Metallica and God

OK...

Here's a nice little analogy:

So, we have this band, and we'll call them Metallica. Back in 1980, they released an album called Kill 'Em All, and with that they got a nice, small, yet very devout following. Throughout the next few years, they released a couple more great albums like Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice for All, and Metallica's small-yet-devout following grew and grew.
Well, Metallica decided to go mainstream, to reach a broader audience and attract more followers *Boom* Black Album. Critical success. Mainstream success. It was a masterpiece in its own work. But, some of Metallica's older fans were turned off by this change in sound, so they decided to only listen to things pre-Black Album.
Well, a few more years pass, and Metallica does a few more cool things like S&M and Garage Inc, and their new followers LOVED it! Then, they released Load, which was ehh, and REload, which was even suckier, and then they released St. Anger, whcih, I think, we can all agree sucked anus.

NOW...

So, there is this deity, we'll call Him God. Well, God does this cool Creation thing, and forms Himself a nice small-yet-devout following. Well, over the next few years, God does some more cool things like The Tower of Babel, The Fall of Jericho, the Parting of the Red Sea, and His small-yet-devout following grew larger and larger. Well, after some time, God decided to go mainstream, to reach a broader audience. *Boom:* Christ.
New success. Christ brings many new followers to God, but some of God's earlier followers were kind of turned off by this, so they decided to only listen to things pre-Christ. Well, over the next few years, God did some more really cool things like The Renaissance, the Industrial Revolution, and His followers LOVED it.
Now, I think we can call the Spanish Inquisition and The Puritans God's Load and Re-Load, and now, our time, in which nothing really great or exciting is going on could be compared to St. Anger.

So...what do you think?
Old 02-19-2004, 10:08 AM   #2
archie bunker
USER INFO »
I never gave it much thought till you explained it
Old 02-19-2004, 10:08 AM   #3
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
The renaissance? What the!?? U have lost yer freakin mind!!!

Cute though.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 02-19-2004, 10:22 AM   #4
GeeK_2004
USER INFO »
i`m lost and confused!!

So break yourself against my stones
And spit your pity in my soul
You never needed any help
You sold me out to save yourself
And I won't listen to your shame
You ran away - you're all the same
Angels lie to keep control...
My love was punished long ago
If you still care, don't ever let me know
If you still care, don't ever let me know...

"Snuff" - Slipknot
Old 02-19-2004, 12:02 PM   #5
RMadd
USER INFO »
Hmmm... one problem for me... I think Metallica sucks, but God's the shiiiit!

Old 02-19-2004, 01:06 PM   #6
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by revisfoot) OK...

Here's a nice little analogy:

So, we have this band, and we'll call them Metallica. Back in 1980, they released an album called Kill 'Em All, and with that they got a nice, small, yet very devout following. Throughout the next few years, they released a couple more great albums like Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice for All, and Metallica's small-yet-devout following grew and grew.
Well, Metallica decided to go mainstream, to reach a broader audience and attract more followers *Boom* Black Album. Critical success. Mainstream success. It was a masterpiece in its own work. But, some of Metallica's older fans were turned off by this change in sound, so they decided to only listen to things pre-Black Album.
Well, a few more years pass, and Metallica does a few more cool things like S&M and Garage Inc, and their new followers LOVED it! Then, they released Load, which was ehh, and REload, which was even suckier, and then they released St. Anger, whcih, I think, we can all agree sucked anus.

NOW...

So, there is this deity, we'll call Him God. Well, God does this cool Creation thing, and forms Himself a nice small-yet-devout following. Well, over the next few years, God does some more cool things like The Tower of Babel, The Fall of Jericho, the Parting of the Red Sea, and His small-yet-devout following grew larger and larger. Well, after some time, God decided to go mainstream, to reach a broader audience. *Boom:* Christ.
New success. Christ brings many new followers to God, but some of God's earlier followers were kind of turned off by this, so they decided to only listen to things pre-Christ. Well, over the next few years, God did some more really cool things like The Renaissance, the Industrial Revolution, and His followers LOVED it.
Now, I think we can call the Spanish Inquisition and The Puritans God's Load and Re-Load, and now, our time, in which nothing really great or exciting is going on could be compared to St. Anger.

So...what do you think?
I here You Im The only one here that Would!!!} GREAT Parable Dude Like yo style!!! Creedsista!!!!!!ROCK ON !!!!!!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 02-19-2004, 01:16 PM   #7
Mulletman
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Metallica sucks harder than jenna jameson, larz is a fucking nazi, and hetfield is robert truijo new bitch. well truijo is big enough to make them all his bitch. im my opinion newstead was the only one who got it right by quiting.
Old 02-19-2004, 04:47 PM   #8
SCOTTSMYMAN
USER INFO »
I totally see what you are saying and I agree 100%!
(with the Metallica part anyways!)

"I'm not like the girls that you've known
But I believe I'm worth coming home to
Kiss away night
This girl only sleeps with butterflies "

Last edited by SCOTTSMYMAN : 02-20-2004 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:43 PM   #9
facelessman
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to facelessman Send a message via MSN to facelessman
what the f? so what are you tryin to say?
and ive seen more guts on 11 year old kids.
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope theres ice on all the roads
and think of me when you forget your seatbelt
and again when your head goes through the windshield.
Seventy Times Seven- Brand new
Old 02-19-2004, 06:19 PM   #10
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
I loved the story

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 02-19-2004, 07:23 PM   #11
revisfoot
USER INFO »
I mean, seriously, it's just an analogy between the career of metalicca and the works of God. If you really think about it, we haven't had a Tower of Babel or a Parting of the Sea in our time, just as Metallica hasn't released any of their old-style REAL METAL in ages, either. If you just try not to read between the lines, you'll find it's a pretty flawless analogy.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:30 PM   #12
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by revisfoot) I mean, seriously, it's just an analogy between the career of metalicca and the works of God. If you really think about it, we haven't had a Tower of Babel or a Parting of the Sea in our time, just as Metallica hasn't released any of their old-style REAL METAL in ages, either. If you just try not to read between the lines, you'll find it's a pretty flawless analogy.
hey i loved it it inspired me alot!!! ROCK ON!!!
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 02-19-2004, 09:11 PM   #13
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
dude, shut up! that was crap.

Did you ever take time to read the Bible instead of listening people talking about it?

God didn't do the Babel Tower... actually he destroyed it.

God and Jesus were there since beginning.

Besides that, your analogy is completely non-sense. You didn't even mention protestantism, for example.

Get a grip!
Old 02-19-2004, 09:15 PM   #14
WeatheredWoman
USER INFO »
Just like I said... nice story!

Souls...
they float like the memories I've opened,
Go...
and kiss all the butterflies I've broken,
Sow...
their wings to the coat of my misfortune,
Grow...
to reach the plains only I have spoken...

The Path ~by~ ManMade God
Old 02-19-2004, 09:19 PM   #15
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed) dude, shut up! that was crap.

Did you ever take time to read the Bible instead of listening people talking about it?

God didn't do the Babel Tower... actually he destroyed it.

God and Jesus were there since beginning.

Besides that, your analogy is completely non-sense. You didn't even mention protestantism, for example.

Get a grip!
hows about given the guy a break he has not insulted nobody!!!!] Geeesh!! dont get me started please!!!