++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-14-2005, 03:11 PM   #256
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Titan, you really aren't. Claim it all you want to, but you aren't. lol

A Creed fan cant be an equal fan of AB and Stapp ? Why not? Im a fan of both.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 11-14-2005, 03:36 PM   #257
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Titan, you really aren't. Claim it all you want to, but you aren't. lol

Are you trying to say I take sides? 'Cause I definitely try not to. I enjoy both AB and Stapp and Creed equally. I can listen to their music side by side by side and not find myself taking sides. There are songs I skip on ODR, songs I skip on TGD, and songs I skip on some of the Creed albums. I view all three as being equals, in terms of how much I like them.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-14-2005, 09:19 PM   #258
facelessmike
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I can listen to their music side by side by side and not find myself taking sides. There are songs I skip on ODR, songs I skip on TGD, and songs I skip on some of the Creed albums. I view all three as being equals, in terms of how much I like them.

Ditto...and I thought it was just me!
Old 11-14-2005, 10:13 PM   #259
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Are you trying to say I take sides? 'Cause I definitely try not to. I enjoy both AB and Stapp and Creed equally. I can listen to their music side by side by side and not find myself taking sides. There are songs I skip on ODR, songs I skip on TGD, and songs I skip on some of the Creed albums. I view all three as being equals, in terms of how much I like them.

So you say... lol
Old 11-14-2005, 10:15 PM   #260
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) A Creed fan cant be an equal fan of AB and Stapp ? Why not? Im a fan of both.

Oh, no, you can. I just think Titan *in general* lieks AB a bit mroe than Stapp. But that makes sense because AB has 3/4 of Creed while Stapp is like -1/4 of Creed... lol, jk
Old 11-15-2005, 10:05 AM   #261
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Oh, no, you can. I just think Titan *in general* lieks AB a bit mroe than Stapp. But that makes sense because AB has 3/4 of Creed while Stapp is like -1/4 of Creed... lol, jk

Not true, lol. Now that I've listened to TGD and ODR enough, I'm ready to make the following statement: I enjoy both just the same. Both have highlights("Justify", "Hard Way", "Surround Me"/"Find The Real", "Burn It Down", "Metalingus") and so-so songs("Let Me Go", "Sublime"/"Watch Your Words", "Broken Wings"). I now view both albums in an equal way: very good debuts, but could have been even better with less ballads and more rock. Neither has the same magic for me as My Own Prison did, but both have potential.

I'm very interested in seeing how both Stapp and AB follow up their respective debut albums, although I doubt anything they'll ever release will match MOP's magic. It could happen, though, if Mark continues to write amazing solos, Myles continues to do his thing(and write more of the lyrics) and Stapp gets a bit better with his song-writing/singing. Still, I'm overall quite happy with what each has put out so far. And when either comes to my area for a show, I'll be happy to buy tickets and go.

Old 11-15-2005, 10:13 AM   #262
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
I still prefer AB's debut over Stapp's just because I think I can listen to AB's all the way through and enjoy every song while everytime I stick Stapp's on I seem to be skipping a couple of songs (Let Me Go, Sublime, and Broken). But as titan said, neither really compare to My Own Prison.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-15-2005, 11:39 AM   #263
titan9
USER INFO »
See, with ODR, I practically ALWAYS skip Broken Wings and Watch Your Words. I've listened to both a lot, and neither does anything for me. They just haven't grown on me like some songs(namely Burn It Down and Shed My Skin) have. If I'm on a road-trip, or have a bunch of free time, I'll listen to ODR all the way through, but if not, I'm going to skip at least a couple of songs.

Old 11-15-2005, 11:52 AM   #264
Creed7352
USER INFO »
the next ab record will be much better and you'll change your mind titan...i'm sure of it. it's going to have "more rock" as you put it.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:57 AM   #265
titan9
USER INFO »
Yeah, that's what I've heard. That has me really pumped up about the new album. It's not that I did not like the ballads on ODR; I did at first. But I think AB is capable of even better ballads, should they continue to put one or two on their next CD(s).

Again, it's not that I do not like ODR; I love the album. But I just think that AB can do even better next time around. Same with Stapp.

Old 11-15-2005, 12:11 PM   #266
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Creed7352) the next ab record will be much better and you'll change your mind titan...i'm sure of it. it's going to have "more rock" as you put it.
I sure hope so!
Old 11-15-2005, 12:26 PM   #267
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) See, with ODR, I practically ALWAYS skip Broken Wings and Watch Your Words. I've listened to both a lot, and neither does anything for me. They just haven't grown on me like some songs(namely Burn It Down and Shed My Skin) have. If I'm on a road-trip, or have a bunch of free time, I'll listen to ODR all the way through, but if not, I'm going to skip at least a couple of songs.

I'm a bit confused... You want less ballads yet you skip WYW? Ummm... okay.

lol
Old 11-15-2005, 12:34 PM   #268
titan9
USER INFO »
I don't care for WYW from a lyrical standpoint, lol. It just isn't that appealing of a song for me. I think if the lyrics were better, I'd probably like it a whole lot more.

But, yes, I do want less ballads, both from Stapp and AB. I just think that they both write much better hard songs than they do ballads.

Old 11-15-2005, 08:08 PM   #269
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I don't care for WYW from a lyrical standpoint, lol. It just isn't that appealing of a song for me. I think if the lyrics were better, I'd probably like it a whole lot more.

But, yes, I do want less ballads, both from Stapp and AB. I just think that they both write much better hard songs than they do ballads.

I agree with Tremo. Metal is his thing... But Stapp can't write a heavy lyrical song to save his life. He tried, I suppose, in fight song, which was literally he dumbest thing I have ever heard. "This is my fight song". If it weren't so pathetic it would be funny.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:13 PM   #270
titan9
USER INFO »
All of this being your opinion, of course. Which means that I obviously disagree. The four best tracks on the CD, imo, are the top four which happen to be "hard" songs. Granted, lyrically, outside of "Justify", none of those songs are amazing, so you do have point. But they're hardly pathetic.