++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 09-27-2006, 05:17 PM   #1
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
We may just all lay down and die

Wow, bet you didn't see that title coming!

Now, this is just a theory, just like any other religion, (just that I don't start stupid wars making people believe my theory is the only way). This theory is something I've been thinking about latley. Let's call it the "No-theory".

Is there a God? -No!
Is there a meaning with life? -No
Is there something called faith? -No
Is there a life after death? -No

'Cause frankly, what says that there's faith? And what says there is something after death, besides from a narrow coffin and cold soil? What if this is it? What if all your prayers and going to curch, (or whatever you go to), are in vein? Then... Are you happy with the way you live your one and only life? Do you prioritize the right things in life?

I don't like religion 'cause I think it's all about living your life the way God/Buddah/whoever wants you to so you can enter some kind of a paradise when you die, instead of being alive at the moment and living life the way YOU want to. So no, I don't believe in any religion, but I do open up to all theories as long as the person with the theory is open-minded as well. In my opinion - everyone can believe whatever they wanna believe as long as they don't hurt others and let others believe what they want.

I believe everyone has a soul and when the body dies, the soul moves on. To where or to what I have no idea. But I don't believe in a paradise or heaven. I don't think there's something called faith, I think we just live our life and sometimes we get lucky, sometimes we don't. And I don't think there's an obvious meaning with life. I think; the meaning with life is what you want it to be. If you wanna be a rock star that's the meaning of your life. If you wanna help poor kids in Africa - that's the meaning of your life.

So what I wanna do with this thread is just to remind everybody that there is no proof for anythings. And the only garantee we have is this life, what says there is another life after this? So everybody. Be alive while you can. Spend more time living now and less time thinking about what heaven is like.

I know many of you here are very christian and many of the American citizen as well. I have no problem with christianity, but I can't say I like the curch because of its way to control people. I say let everybody be themselves, homosexual, bisexual, hetrosexual, homosapiens. Surround yourself with love, not hate against other religions or for example homosexuals. Instead of saying someone's wrong, try to learn a lession - what do you know...? If you think about what the person tells you maybe you'll end up finding it making sense?

-Peace

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-27-2006, 10:46 PM   #2
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Re: We may just all lay down and die

Thanks for sharing Lith its good to know where you stand.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:30 AM   #3
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Sure, nobody should be forced to believe in anything and everybody shouldn't be expected to accept everything.

-Homer Simpson

Last edited by eusebioCBR : 09-29-2006 at 12:12 AM.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:25 AM   #4
metalchris25
USER INFO »

I would like to know what church you attended that attemted to control you. I have never seen this, and find it to be ridiculous, because no one forces you to do anything. EVER. Unless you are bound and tied and dragged off to these so called churches.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:34 AM   #5
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by metalchris25) I would like to know what church you attended that attemted to control you. I have never seen this, and find it to be ridiculous, because no one forces you to do anything. EVER. Unless you are bound and tied and dragged off to these so called churches.

Are you serious? You have never heard of churches that don't want you to vote of candidate that supports pro-choice, homosexual marriages, stem-cell research? Ofcourse you probably would say they don't force you to do so, but ever heard about peer pressure!

Lith: much respect to you, I agree, as an atheist I do believe this life is the only chance we get and we do have to make the most of it, enjoy it, use it in a manor you yourself find meaningful, and do not do things or don't do things, because of possible afterlifes, this it it, make the best of it.

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl
Old 09-28-2006, 05:59 AM   #6
Chase
USER INFO »

I love how there are so many atheists and agnostics who listen to Creed. That's almost as funny as a thug from East L.A. listening to Garth Brooks.

Last edited by Chase : 09-28-2006 at 06:05 AM.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:07 AM   #7
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) Are you serious? You have never heard of churches that don't want you to vote of candidate that supports pro-choice, homosexual marriages, stem-cell research? Ofcourse you probably would say they don't force you to do so, but ever heard about peer pressure!

Lith: much respect to you, I agree, as an atheist I do believe this life is the only chance we get and we do have to make the most of it, enjoy it, use it in a manor you yourself find meaningful, and do not do things or don't do things, because of possible afterlifes, this it it, make the best of it.

I dont know what kind of brain washing cult you are referring to, but where I am from, we vote for the best candidate for the job. No, I wouldnt vote for someone that supports abortion, but thats because abortion is wrong in my eyes, not because my peers think its wrong. I stopped giving in to peer pressure when I was a teenager, maybe you should too.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:09 AM   #8
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I love how there are so many atheists and agnostics who listen to Creed. That's almost as funny as a thug from East L.A. listening to Garth Brooks.
So true! Of course I listen to music some would call satanic too though. I get ripped by some Christians when they find out Metallica is my favorite band. A guy ridiculed me because I am goin to see Megadeth on the fourth.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:58 PM   #9
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) I love how there are so many atheists and agnostics who listen to Creed. That's almost as funny as a thug from East L.A. listening to Garth Brooks.

It isn't funny at all Chase is it funny that you listen to non-christian bands?? if not then it shouldn't be funny that Atheist listen to creed. get it through your heard Creed was not a chrisitna band. they may have ahsd spiritual lyrics and even christian imagery but that does not make them a christian band. I don't know how many times I have said this to you. but you just refuse to hear it.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:02 PM   #10
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) Are you serious? You have never heard of churches that don't want you to vote of candidate that supports pro-choice, homosexual marriages, stem-cell research? Ofcourse you probably would say they don't force you to do so, but ever heard about peer pressure!

you are right there Ralphy

weather or not they say that they encourage you to do something if they find out that you did the opisite then you get flack for it... I remembver getting flack for supporting gay marriage and abortion.... not to mention my love for science.

Chris you have to know this is going on or that you don't see it because you see eye to eye with theese types of people with in the church so you don't catch flack for it. It has happened in EVERY church I have been apart of no matter how conservitive or liberal they presented themselves to be.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:05 PM   #11
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by metalchris25) So true! Of course I listen to music some would call satanic too though. I get ripped by some Christians when they find out Metallica is my favorite band. A guy ridiculed me because I am goin to see Megadeth on the fourth.

Same here, I think AC/DC is just about the best rock band ever. I just don't take Hells Bells seriously

-Homer Simpson

Old 09-28-2006, 07:06 PM   #12
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »

Heh! Ya no kidding
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot

Last edited by JulieCitySlicker : 09-30-2006 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:16 PM   #13
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »

Actually, Lithium, this is the most sense I have seen in an atheistic post yet on this forum.

You have a touch of Sartre in you. If there is no God, there is no morality, then lets get on with it.

But then you stopped making sense when you went into that nonsense about the soul. Where'd we get a soul...?
Old 09-29-2006, 12:40 AM   #14
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by metalchris25) I would like to know what church you attended that attemted to control you. I have never seen this, and find it to be ridiculous, because no one forces you to do anything. EVER. Unless you are bound and tied and dragged off to these so called churches.
well in a nut shell, all of theme do it , leaches , and it can upset a persons vibe , and work your nerves , and sometimes you dont feel lead to speak as you should because YOUR sitting There And You know Cant GOD IS GOING TO HAVE to deal with these people on his own terms they have got their own paths to find and Gods dealing with theme , what really works my nerves is those folks who walk in from church and say their set free im a changed man or a changed woman im like looking at my whatch i,ll give it till this time tommrow its not wise to confess out of thy mouth and claim stuff your not ready for , ive seen a lot force of that GOD does not transform a person over night, but what he did ask was for your love and to love others And WHOOOOOOOO UPLIFT THEME WHEN YOU SEE ONES CHAINS COMING BACK AND ENCOURAGE IN THEME TRUTH AND LOVE, i could rain on manys parade but that we be hurtings one hope and faith, we learn more from our DOWNS THAN WE DO OUR UPS and when one person are taken their first steps in a walk of faith, we uplift theme and love theme and be christ like, i for one dont believe in the power of healing , i only believe ones soul is sought for healing other than sickness or diease , i thing its wrong to force the issuie of healing, BY HIS LOVE WE ARE HEALED, Its Gods Choice What You Die With and the effects of the others around you, some are meant to have instant healing others are not , and some one should not set aside their faith because that cant see a mircale for a dying loved one peformed, thats why we pray IN THE WILL OF GOD we must sacrafice ourselfs before him, who ever is touched it will be Gods will who is healed, and who is not, these are just issuies, i see in the modern day churches ... LITH Thanks For Opening This Thread , i could say more but i will say stay true to yourself,
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 09-29-2006, 12:53 AM   #15
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

THUNDER THUNDER , I dont Like AC/DC, i kinda got in to razors edge though
Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) Same here, I think AC/DC is just about the best rock band ever. I just don't take Hells Bells seriously
man hells bells was the most lamest song ever you could tell they had a thing for hell haaaaaaaaaaaaaa i think Ac/Dc was born into hell a music that they set the standard for and could not get away from , cant get away from hell i can see that is a future title for another album, there is a lot crazys guys who gets the wrong message of good classic hell born rock music,
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done