++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creed in Salt Lake City. AMAZING! My story.

First off, I would like to say that to the people on here who have said "Creed is all about the money and don't care about the fans anymore", you are so incredibly wrong. And here's why.

Long story short, most of you know I've never seen Creed live despite my 5 attempts from the HC and Weathered tours. I thought I was destined to never see them live. Last night was no different. I took the 400 mile, 5.5 hour drive to SLC and due to road construction and missing my exit then construction on the way back again, I was late for the show and told that I missed the meet and greet. They said they couldn't do anything, including Ann, the ILAA person on the tour. Well, due to my problems, had a massive panic attack. They were seeing what they could do, and after finally calming down enough (after 20-30 mins) I was introduced to a guy (never got his name) but discussed things with him and he gave me an after party pass and directions of how to meet him after the show. I, along with 2 others who missed the M&G were taken to a backstage area. The guy took me into Like A Storm's dressing room for a final pat down to ensure I had no weapons and whatnot. After sitting and talking to Ann for a while and finding out some cool info (though none of it really pertinent) we were taken to CREED'S DRESSING ROOM! She said the chance of Stapp being there were slim to none since he didn't hang out much after shows. We met Mark, Flip and Brian and got autographs and talked a bit. And in walked Scott! They were all smaller in stature than I had thought except for maybe Brian. I got to tell them the story I've been waiting nearly 10 years to tell them. They were all taken aback, and Scott said "Thank you so much for sharing that. I'm so glad you're here." and gave me a big hug. He asked if I was standing on the right side (stage right) and I said yes. He said "I saw you. Thank you so much for the smiles. You sang with all the songs. Even the new ones!" "That's right!" I said. He was amazed I even knew A Thousand Faces. (I've been listening to it almost nonstop since Dark_Knight posted the vid from Houston.) There was some other small talk, pictures, and we said our goodbyes. Ann said that what we just had was waayyy more personal then fans got other times and at the M&Gs.

In other news, Like A Storm played a good set. Short, but sounded awesome. They threw some stuff out to the crowd and saw me, pointed and threw a CD directly at me. The A-hole standing beside me snatched it right out from in front of me, laughed, and kept it! Bastard. Staind was good, but their sound was awful. The music was so loud that I couldn't hardly hear Aaron Lewis. If you knew the songs, you knew what he was saying, which for all but I think 3, I did. And I caught one of Aaron Lewis's guitar picks. And it's glow in the dark!

Creed, needless to say, was awesome. Scott even saw me singing along and looked at pointed right at me and smiled. A good night, turned potentially bad night, turned amazing, unforgettable, incredible night. CREED RULES! I love them even more now. I'm sure I have more to say but can't think of it right now. Oh, and I'm not sure if I said it, but CREED RULES!

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 10-03-2009, 02:45 PM   #2
Trinity
USER INFO »
Re: Creed in Salt Lake City. AMAZING! My story.

That's cool. I hope I have a chance someday to see the band live. I had tickets to see them in Tacoma several years ago but they cancelled the day of the show. They cancelled when they came here to Vancouver too. So I'm patiently waiting...
Old 10-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #3
creed_fdj83
USER INFO »

Cool story. Congrats on finally getting to see them live. I hope I'm lucky enough to get to meet the band some day. I've seen Creed live, 2 times (Human Clay and Weathered) and Alter Bridge 3 times. Next Friday I will be in Tulsa to see them once again.

I had one of Tremonti's picks at the Human Clay show. I was on the ground and had it covered up, until some dude kicked me in the ribs and took it from me. At one of the AB shows, my brother caught one of Flip's sticks.

I had a PRS Tremonti SE that was stolen from my apartment a few years back. Another related disappointment. That thing was bad ass.

Every show I have been to has been amazing. The bands that open have all been really good: Full Devil Jacket, Collective Soul (HC); Cinder, 12 Stones, Sevendust (Weathered); Submersed (ODR)...

I cannot wait for next Friday.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:20 PM   #4
alitea
USER INFO »

This is awesome! I am so happy that you got to meet the band afterall and you had a great time. I love Creed too! I will have to wait until spring to see them but I cannot wait. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:12 PM   #5
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Awesome story...congrats!!

One Nation. Indivisible.