++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 02-25-2005, 03:10 PM   #31
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
C'mon... Blink 182 would've been better had Tom DeLonge not sang in any of their songs. I thought that he was the holding them back. Barker is a great drummer... and Hoppus isn't that bad. However, honestly... it was DeLonge's voice that really kept them from maturing. Even on their last album... he didn't do it any justice.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:39 PM   #32
RMadd
USER INFO »
i absolutely love the phat note that Hoppus (he's the bassist, right?) drops on the first couple o' beats o' the first measure o' each chorus. it's so.... orgasmic

Old 02-25-2005, 05:16 PM   #33
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Wow. I liked some of their stuff. I guess they've changed lineups so much it was due to come. Was there any more info on why they broke up?

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 02-25-2005, 06:58 PM   #34
Ed Wood
USER INFO »
Get your facts straight before posting this kind of shit. THEY DID NOT BREAK UP.

http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/149...headlines=true
Old 02-25-2005, 07:40 PM   #35
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hey Ed, chill out. That is nothing but spin anyway.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:02 PM   #36
RMadd
USER INFO »
um, Ed, I hate to break it to ya, but the headline from the link you posted seems to state pretty clearly "confirms band's break". and i don't see any posts here claiming that the guys were at each others' throats, which the article seeks to discount.

Old 02-25-2005, 09:42 PM   #37
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ed Wood) Get your facts straight before posting this kind of shit. THEY DID NOT BREAK UP.

http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/149...headlines=true

alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 02-26-2005, 01:10 AM   #38
Ed Wood
USER INFO »
I'm cool... Just didn't like everyone wandering into the thread thinking they were done forever...

Especially since I thought their last album was amazing.
Old 02-26-2005, 05:53 AM   #39
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Latest news from launch yahoo news
http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/16132779

Blink 182 Drummer Clarifies Band Status...Sort Of

02/25/2005 6:00 PM, LAUNCH
LAUNCH Radio Networks

Blink 182 drummer Travis Barker went on a Los Angeles radio station on Wednesday (February 23) to address the punk trio's current status. With speculation about a break-up rampant, the band's management issued a statement on Tuesday (February 22) claiming that they were going on an "indefinite hiatus"--a statement that Barker said he had no knowledge of. While Barker would not be specific about the band's future, he did tell the station, "I think it's healthy to take a break. We did the same thing four years ago...we're taking a break and letting everyone be creative on their time off, and have fun and come back when it's time and when it's ready and right. I believe there's great things in the future."

Barker insisted that relations between he, bassist Mark Hoppus and frontman Tom DeLonge were as strong as ever: "I love those dudes; they're my brothers. I wanted to clear up the rumors of us fighting with each other or hating each other. It's just not true." The drummer added that Blink pulled out of last Friday's (February 18) Music For Relief tsunami benefit concert in Anaheim, California, because "it didn't seem like a healthy time to be playing shows. We needed that hiatus to start right away."

Barker said that all three members of Blink will work on side projects and spend time with their families. Barker will appear on the Warped Tour this summer with the Transplants, while DeLonge plans to direct music videos and Hoppus wants to produce records. And then, said Barker, "things will be right again and maybe we'll have a rad new Blink record."
Old 02-28-2005, 07:15 PM   #40
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ed Wood) I'm cool... Just didn't like everyone wandering into the thread thinking they were done forever...

Especially since I thought their last album was amazing.
That is Fucking Sad that you think ANY Blink album is anything but Dog Crap... Pop Punk is a Trend... a Fad... There is absolutely no Musician Ship in Punk it's just a bunch of kids trying to be rockstars without learning to play their Instruments.
Go Pick up a Black Label Record and find out what TRUE Musician's can Do...

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 03-01-2005, 02:03 AM   #41
Ed Wood
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti) That is Fucking Sad that you think ANY Blink album is anything but Dog Crap... Pop Punk is a Trend... a Fad... There is absolutely no Musician Ship in Punk it's just a bunch of kids trying to be rockstars without learning to play their Instruments.
Go Pick up a Black Label Record and find out what TRUE Musician's can Do...
Watch it there, man. It's opinion. I've listened to BLS, and not only did I think the music wasn't all that hot, Zakk Wylde has one of the worst (read: annoying, grating) voices I've ever heard. Again, my opinion. For what they were, Blink were great, but of course you're not going to like them if you don't like that type of music. Music doesn't have to be complex to be good. That is one of the arguments that people who love metal make, that it must be good because it's difficult to play. Sorry, that's a bullshit argument.

Blink really played with their sound on their last album, mixed catchy hooks with great percussion and ever got Robert Smith to sing on one of the songs! It was a wonderful pop/punk fusion that the fans loved and made fans of many Blink-doubters. They were very experimental with it and it came out brilliantly. It was just as deserving of praise as the new Green Day album. If you doubt musicianship in this type of music, shut up and listen to Green Day's "Jesus of Suburbia," a modern pop masterpiece.

Blink is not at the top of my list of favorite bands or anything, but I respect them for their work and thought they made one killer album and many good songs scattered throughout the years. Don't belittle me for my opinion!

You can have your BLS (and stop pretending to be a rock star).

Last edited by Ed Wood : 03-01-2005 at 02:06 AM.
Old 03-01-2005, 02:47 AM   #42
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Green Day>Blink 182..

wayyyyy better.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:50 AM   #43
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ed Wood) Watch it there, man. It's opinion. I've listened to BLS, and not only did I think the music wasn't all that hot, Zakk Wylde has one of the worst (read: annoying, grating) voices I've ever heard. Again, my opinion. For what they were, Blink were great, but of course you're not going to like them if you don't like that type of music. Music doesn't have to be complex to be good. That is one of the arguments that people who love metal make, that it must be good because it's difficult to play. Sorry, that's a bullshit argument.

Blink really played with their sound on their last album, mixed catchy hooks with great percussion and ever got Robert Smith to sing on one of the songs! It was a wonderful pop/punk fusion that the fans loved and made fans of many Blink-doubters. They were very experimental with it and it came out brilliantly. It was just as deserving of praise as the new Green Day album. If you doubt musicianship in this type of music, shut up and listen to Green Day's "Jesus of Suburbia," a modern pop masterpiece.

Blink is not at the top of my list of favorite bands or anything, but I respect them for their work and thought they made one killer album and many good songs scattered throughout the years. Don't belittle me for my opinion!

You can have your BLS (and stop pretending to be a rock star).
-HAVE YOU HEARD TOM's VOICE? It sounds like he's Holding His NOSE 24/7.

-It's Not About Complexity. It's about a Guitarist's Skill and Versatility. Tom's Guitar parts don't have any variation in playing. Power Chord... octaves... power chords... octaves. I just can't respect him as a guitarist or a musician when i can play his instrument better than he can. That's not being cocky, any guitar player that's played for a year and has taken lessons is better than Tom.

-Anything is Catchy if you play it enough times. And yes. Travis is an awesome drummer. he's the only one in that band that can accually play his instrument. No wonder he wants to leave the band and play with other ones.

-Who's Pretending To Be anything? I'm not pretending to be a "rockstar."
I play Guitar. Guitars are my life and I've learned alot about them and worked hard to play my instrument well. It's sickening to see some twat that can't even play a pentatonic scale get 2 Signiture guitars from Gibson and Fender.
You should tell Tom to stop pretending to be a Rock Star and learn to play the fuckin guitar.

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 03-01-2005, 08:53 AM   #44
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
PS... Don't get me started on Greenday. At least Blink has the guts to play their intruments live... Billie Joe had to get a Touring Guitarist because he can't do it himself. And... at least blink doesn't mask their Horribleness with guitar effects like Greenday did on the latest album.

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 03-01-2005, 09:26 AM   #45
Anna1011
USER INFO »
ok so i dont think blink were all that great but i did like some of their songs, i dont think we should go round dissing bands or trying to get people to change their taste in music, everyone is DIFFERENT likeing different bands and wearing different clothes is what makes people different if we all liked the same things everyone would be the same and it would make the world a shitter place.just my opinion.

*You’re a part of me*

*And it’s your song*

*that sets me free*

*I sing it while*

*I feel I can’t hold on*

*I sing tonight*

*cause it comforts me*

"You laugh at me because i'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same"

find me here