++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-11-2006, 02:02 PM   #16
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Creed - The movie

I actually posted a thread about a year ago on how I think that Farrell would definitely play a good Stapp lol.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:59 PM   #17
titan9
USER INFO »

You know, if no one else writes the script, I will. I've never written one, but I think a Creed movie(or even a rock movie loosely based on Creed would be cool) has real potential. The characters(Stapp, Tremonti, Philips, Marshall) all have very interesting backgrounds, especially Stapp. You could start it off like bobbin said(with Stapp in a room, thinking about killing himself) then it goes back to his childhood. You show a bit of him as a kid and then show him in HS, when he met Tremonti. Along the way, you could also develop Tremonti, Philips and Marshall's characters by showing them during their childhood. Keep building from there, next showing Stapp at college(at Lee University, before he got kicked out) then going to Florida and meeting up with Tremonti again. And from there(and this part of the movie takes up, oh, the first 35 minutes) you go through the history of Creed--the rock radio hits from MOP, the massive success of HC and then the pressure associated with Weathered and finally the break-up. This part of the movie would probably take up an hour, so you've still got a half hour to work with to tell the post-break-up story. Talk about Stapp's troubles(311 fight, CC incident, airport arrest) and successes, and the success AB has had thus far. You end it(like Lith said) with Stapp on stage, doing what he loves.

I agree with Farrel as Stapp, although I think there might be other guys who are better for the role(looks-wise). I'd have to think about that, though. Someone else mentioned(previously) a guy who should play Tremo. Can't think of his name at the moment. And I think Kevin Bacon would be a perfect fit as Myles(who could come into the movie toward the end..or maybe before).

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 09-12-2006, 12:31 PM   #18
Prog
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Prog Send a message via MSN to Prog Send a message via Yahoo to Prog

A Creed movie would go over about as well as a movie about how awesome Microsoft is to a bunch of computer nerds.

P.S. That means not well at all. Tons of people hate Creed, or rather, Scott Stapp.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:54 PM   #19
bobben
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Prog) Tons of people hate Creed, or rather, Scott Stapp.

It's not the point to promote Creed as a fantastic band, but to tell a rocknroll story by using them as a startpoint to the story. Well, I didn't like Johnny Cash at all before I saw Walk The Line and got to see the story behind the guy and how he was as a normal person....
Into this world we're thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:37 PM   #20
The619
USER INFO »

This would be a great idea, I'd love to see a Creed movie.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:28 AM   #21
geletmote
USER INFO »

i feel what you mean
Old 09-13-2006, 08:15 AM   #22
The Lithium
USER INFO »

I've actually been taking lessions in how to write movie scripts. VERY hard!!! (But fun of course). But there's just so much to think about. You should at least read 2 or 3 books before you get started.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-13-2006, 11:24 AM   #23
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Prog) P.S. That means not well at all. Tons of people hate Creed, or rather, Scott Stapp.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a Creed movie. It could just be something inspired by their story. You know, kinda like "Friday Night Lights". Some of that movie(I believe) was fact, while some of it was fiction. You could take Creed's story and kinda toy around with it somewhat. It wouldn't be a documentary--it wouldn't be all fact. It'd just be a movie inspired by them--some elements of fact, some of fiction. Because they've got a very, very interesting story.

And, yeah, Lith, writing movie scripts is probably hard. The only writing experience I've got is song-writing and some stories. I don't know if I'll actually give scripting a shot. If I do, I'll definitely educate myself on scripting, though writing about the actual band should be no problem(I've read so many interviews and know a ton about the history, so it's a piece of cake). It's just one of those "if I have the time, I'll do it" type things.

Old 09-13-2006, 08:10 PM   #24
Agent D
USER INFO »

I'm going to agree with Prog. This wouldn't work, even if you dropped Creed's name and identity and what not. In fact, if you did do that, then it'd just be another movie that follows the typical path that every rock band follows.
Old 09-13-2006, 08:27 PM   #25
guitardude1985
USER INFO »

The rock could play mark.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:25 PM   #26
titan9
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) I'm going to agree with Prog. This wouldn't work, even if you dropped Creed's name and identity and what not. In fact, if you did do that, then it'd just be another movie that follows the typical path that every rock band follows.

Not necessarily. How many movies have had bands who experienced the exact rise to fame(and then fall from it) that Creed did? Not any, at least that I've seen. I can't think of any movies that are even somewhat similiar to what a Creed movie would entail. It's like I said, you can take Creed's story and toy around with it a bit. It can be loosely based off of it. And I think that could work out. It would be interesting, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to happen.

Old 09-14-2006, 04:21 PM   #27
bilal
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by guitardude1985) The rock could play mark.

hey...rock can also play guitar!!...hehe.... but i guess his personallity and other career connections will dominate the character.... i think for MArk should be a guy , sort of a shy person...... but i am not too optimistic about this whole movie thing..... pearl jam is a great band... but who would like to see movie on theri life..... unlike JIMI HENDRIX..... i've seen atleast 2 movies on his life history, i believe i have read somewhere about a movie on Kurt Cobain....not sure
Old 09-14-2006, 09:53 PM   #28
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Not necessarily. How many movies have had bands who experienced the exact rise to fame(and then fall from it) that Creed did? Not any, at least that I've seen. I can't think of any movies that are even somewhat similiar to what a Creed movie would entail. It's like I said, you can take Creed's story and toy around with it a bit. It can be loosely based off of it. And I think that could work out. It would be interesting, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to happen.

But that's what every rock 'n roll movie is about. The rise and fall of a band in popularity. Even Spinal Tap follows that archetype.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:27 AM   #29
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) hey...rock can also play guitar!!...hehe.... but i guess his personallity and other career connections will dominate the character.... i think for MArk should be a guy , sort of a shy person...... but i am not too optimistic about this whole movie thing..... pearl jam is a great band... but who would like to see movie on theri life..... unlike JIMI HENDRIX..... i've seen atleast 2 movies on his life history, i believe i have read somewhere about a movie on Kurt Cobain....not sure
The Cobain flick was awful. Complete waste of film.

A Creed movie would suck just like most films of the type cause no one is going to get the complete truth out of any of the guys.
Now if Tarrantino was directing.......
Old 09-15-2006, 12:47 PM   #30
bilal
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by metalchris25) Now if Tarrantino was directing.......

yeh....Tarrintino..... he could relate the whole creed breakup to be based on some TOE MESSAGE given by either Tremonti or Stapp to other's wife..... hehe