++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-01-2003, 02:01 AM   #1
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Nye Show - Best Ever!!!!!

Ok, here it is. For all of us that were worried after reading the reviews from the Chicago show, put your fears to rest. The Creed concert in Philadelphia on New Year's Eve was, by far, the BEST concert that I have EVER been to in my entire life. With apologies to all that wanted to go but for whatever reason could not, I am sorry that you had to miss such an awesome show.

First. SubmerseD opened and they were really great! The lead singer was full of personality, walked the stage back and forth, up and down, and the lead guitarist definitely has a lot of talent. Liked them very very much.

Second. 3DD was fantastic!! I often forget just how many good songs a band has when I only hear the select few that are played on the radio. They were very appreciative of the crowds' warm reception and did an excellent job. Lots of audience participation and lots of enjoyment from them (and the bassist was full of personality and good looks ).

And I've saved the best for last:
At about 10:30 p.m. Creed took the stage and I, for one, was watching Scott very closely after much praying throughout the day that he would be straight. My prayers were answered! Scott may have a lot of issues to resolve over the course of the next year, but on NYE, he checked those issues at the door and ROCKED THE HOUSE. Mark was ON FIRE, to quote Dogstar. His guitars should all have had smoke coming from them, because he could do NO WRONG on the guitar. He was truly a guitar God tonight. Flip played his ass off and there's a little surprise about him later in the post. Brett, as usual, jammed out on the bass and had a blast in doing so. He definitely fits in and there should be no question that he should be the permanent bassist.

After the typical opening of Bullets and Freedom Fighter, they decided to treat us. THEY PLAYED ODE!!!!!!!!!!! I had NEVER heard Ode live and was thrilled not only to hear it, but to hear Mark singing!! A little later they slowed things down and instead of wailing away on the guitars, the all sat on stools onstage and did acoustic versions of Weathered and MOP. They were both a huge treat. After those 2 songs, while the roadies were clearing the stools away, Mark made an announcement about a very special guest they had with them. Turns out a guy from the audience was brought on stage and proposed to his girlfriend "In the greatest city in the world and in front of the greatest rock and roll band in the world". She, of course, accepted. It was then that they did WAWO, and Scott got very emotional during the song. I don't think there was a second during the song that he wasn't crying. Yes, Scott was crying while singing WAWO (as were Dogstar, Kboo and myself and about 99% of the audience). It was very very moving. But once that was over, they picked up the pace with One, which got everybody back to an upbeat frame of mind. They left the stage after One, and at 10 seconds to midnight, they came back onstage with their entire crew, both 3 Doors Down, SubmerseD, roadies, family members (we saw Victoria!!) and it was wonderful. We all counted down to the New Year and they played a short but ROCKING version of Auld Lang Syne. It was tremendous!!! Once the festivities had calmed down and we all picked the gold confetti out of our hair, they did their encores, Higher and My Sacrifice and bid us all farewell. Scott said they'd see us for the next album.

He and the rest of the band were absolutely unstoppable tonight. I have never been to a better show!! There was a ton of interaction between Scott and the audience, lots of talking. As a matter of fact, he congratulated Mark on his wedding a few weeks ago and CONGRATULATED FLIP, WHO IS GOING TO BE A DADDY!!!!!!!!!! SURPRISE!!!!!!!!

So I would just like to end this by saying that my fears were unfounded, the show was second to none and now I hope and pray that they all take time off and live their lives with some semblance of normalcy after giving us a year we will never forget!

Thanks for listening. AND THANK YOU CREED!!!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-01-2003, 02:16 AM   #2
Pittock
USER INFO »
I am so glad it went so well. That is one of the best things I have heard lately. Glad I stayed up to hear what happened. Happy New Year to all!
Old 01-01-2003, 02:17 AM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
What Teri said!!!! If Chicago was Creed's nightmare, Philly was their saving grace.
It was a phenomenal show. Rocked the socks off the place. We also were treated to some ripping solos from Mark and Flip and the most kick-ass version of What If I have ever heard. Torn was its usual amazing self and I got to hear Hide and WGMB, two of my favorites off Weathered. Scott left it all on the stage, no question. He was even more animated than usual. The acoustic versions of MOP and Weathered were awesome. To quote Teri, Mark was a guitar god. To say I am emotionally spent and exhausted would be an understatement. And sharing a rousing New Year's with two very cool Creedfeeders was nothing short of fantastic! And thank you, Aimee!
3DD and SubmerseD were up to the task. I had forgotten how many good songs 3DD has. Their lead singer was really appreciative of the crowd as were the guys from SubmerseD. They all looked like they had a great time and that made it special for us.

Oh, and we did make it to the rail on Mark's side!

Thank you, Creed, for all you have given us.
Old 01-01-2003, 02:23 AM   #4
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Wow, I can't believe I forgot to mention that we were on the rail in front of Mark. How did that slip by??

Thank you again, Dogstar, KBoo and Aimee for making my NYE the best one yet.

And again, thanks Creed for not disappointing. You are the best. Now go get some rest!!!!!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-01-2003, 02:50 AM   #5
tru2mine
USER INFO »
this was my third creed concert and the other two were remarkable, but this one by far was perhaps the best thing ive ever seen. I had a huge lump in my throat when scott started talking about jagger and im not afraid to admit it. He was great with the crowd and so animated. tremonti is ridiculous on that guitar. 3 doors down kicked ass too but the night went to creed.
Old 01-01-2003, 02:51 AM   #6
Weathered
USER INFO »
did u guys no eachother before the concert or is that the first time u ever met
Old 01-01-2003, 04:20 AM   #7
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
PHEW!!!!! I have tears in my eyes after reading this thread!! Partly because I am SO relieved it went okay, and partly because I couldn't be there to see it!! And Flip - yay!!!
Old 01-01-2003, 08:48 AM   #8
JenRN
USER INFO »
All I can say is I am so glad it ended this way!!!!!! Thank god he got his act together! I know how horrible life's curve balls can be when thrown right in your face, which seems to be the case for Scott and the band this year! It sounds like a great show, sorry I missed it but I am glad THERE WILL BE OTHERS! That is really cool that they played until after midnight! So did they play for 1 1/2 hours? Did they say anything about how long of a break they are taking? So what did Mark's wife look like? I am so happy the new year started with a BANG for the band, I hope they get the well deserved break they need!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-01-2003, 10:43 AM   #9
creedfan
USER INFO »
OUTSTANDING!!!! My new year has started off even better with the good news from Phili. I knew Stapp would be strong. I'm glad the boys were back to their "blow off the roof" type performance.

Now my question is, the show they did before Chicago they were on, the show after Chicago they were on fire as many have put it...but the show in Chicago, was a disaster. Very strange.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:45 AM   #10
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
ohhh...

thank God!

Now I´m reliefed! (sp?)

Thanks for the review... I wanted so bad to be in that show... 3DD is my 2nd band!

See? Another proof of talent: when they wanna kick ass, they do it easily!!!
Old 01-01-2003, 10:46 AM   #11
KBoo925
USER INFO »
Hi guys,
I tried my best not to turn on the computer the very first thing when I woke up this morning....but, I couldn't help myself. Just had to take a moment to say THANK YOU to Creed for making New Years 2002-3 one of the best nights of my life!!!
I am so totally exhausted right now, because the emotion and the passion from the band, and all the amazing fans, was so strong. Not to mention standing outside all day, and not being able to calm down and sleep until 4am (ugh....it was so worth it!) Thank you so much Terri and Dogstar for sharing this incredible night w/me.....I will never forget it!!!
I went to my sisters house right from the show and told my family every detail in my sore voice, completely shot from screaming. I said that I felt both elated and yet, also a little sad because this was the last show for a while and even though we were so close, I still wished that there was some way to be closer. I wanted so much to just give Scott a hug when I felt he was showing us such honesty and vulnerablilty, and I know how it feels to be in such a deep place...just wanted to touch his hand and let him feel all the love I have inside. He did say that the band felt the love we were screaming out, and that he hopes we feel that from them, that they were giving that to us the best that they could. I did! I just hope we ALL get all the love we need in 2003....that is my wiah for all of us. So, Happy New Year to all my friends. God Bless. And, in Scott's words...love one another!
Peace,
Karin
Old 01-01-2003, 10:58 AM   #12
JenRN
USER INFO »
You guys are sure to be on a concert high for awhile! AWWWW..... I remember the concert highs would last for days for me!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 01-01-2003, 12:46 PM   #13
Weathered
USER INFO »
yes and you will listen to nothing but creed and some 3dd and submersed for the next 2 months lol thats what it was like for me when i saw creed
Old 01-01-2003, 02:09 PM   #14
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
I'm at the hotel the day after Creed put on the best show I 've ever been too. The guy's put on the best show they've played this year in my opinon. To see Scott cry moved me. Scott mentioned a few times that he had created his own prison that he had done it over and over again. I could feel he was truly sorry for his actions in Chicago and other places. Scott needs a break to be with his family and to just relax . Let's pray 2003 is a great one for Scott and Creed.
Old 01-01-2003, 03:00 PM   #15
Sheila63
USER INFO »
I just got home to CT about a half hour ago from Philly and I'm on such a high after seeing my first Creed show last night!! They were totally awesome. They just blew me away!! I loved how Scott talked and shared so much with us in the audience and like everyone else has said when he sang WAWO, it was just so emotional. He just seemed to share so much of himself with everyone last night. I brought my best friend with me who really wasn't that familiar with Creed's music but after the show last night, I think Creed has a new fan. She especially loved Scott. I also want to send my best wishes to Mark and Victoria on their marriage and also to Flip on becoming a Dad!! It was the best New Year's Eve I've had in my life and I want to thank Scott, Mark, Flip and Brett for making it such a fantastic night for me. It's one I'll never forget!! I couldn't think of a better way to bring in 2003!!! I want to wish everyone here as well as Creed all the best in the coming year!! Enjoy your time with your families rest and relax!!!

Well I'm going to see if I can come down to earth long enough to get a little sleep. I've been traveling all day on about 2 1/2 hours of sleep!! The guys rocked my world last night and it will take me some time to adjust to day to day life again!

Relearn Love