++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 01-03-2003, 02:27 AM   #16
hayley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
exactly so pathetic because everyone has abit of creed in them
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 01-03-2003, 06:43 PM   #17
ronda
USER INFO »
Well said, velocity! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! You said it all.

I do also agree to some extent with Bella. Yet I think if she was at the concert she musta been in the nose bleed section with no clue on what really happened. Not judge him? We paid to see him he owed us someting here! Yes he is human, no we cant send him to heaven or hell . But we can send the message how we felt about the show? I think the judging thing is highly over rated. LOL LOL

Do I hate creed now? No, of course not.
Before the concert I think too many people worshiped Scott and the way he sung drew people in to being more spiritual. I guess the 29th show did however show us how weathered his spirit is now.
Too much importance was on Scott ,, for me at least.... I thought of him as this wonderful, good looking, person that had a chance to move people with the words and the sound of his voice. I think my husband is glad I am not so in awe over him now
Old 01-03-2003, 06:59 PM   #18
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
LOL, Ronda about your hubby . I think even Scott is trying to take the focus off him so much. At the Philly show, he pointed a lot at Mark, Flip and Brett and motioned the crowd to applaud.
Old 01-03-2003, 08:01 PM   #19
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Well, he still needs to do SOMETHING about that "performance." I'm very suprised some fans are just taking the abuse and not saying anything.
By the words of men who have no ground

Can't sleep beneath the trees of wisdom
When your axe has cut the roots that feed them
Forked tongues in bitter mouths
Can drive a man to bleed from inside out

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-03-2003, 08:07 PM   #20
souldancer
USER INFO »
WOW..some of these remarks are so self indulgent it is not even worth my time to remark. It hasn't even been one week. ONE bad night - I feel sorry for family and friends of people with this attitude.....
Old 01-03-2003, 08:24 PM   #21
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Quote: some of these remarks are so self indulgent

Self-indulgent? Give me a break... Think of it this way:

You spend $200+ to attend a Creed concert in Chicago. After waiting for hours to get a good place, and after waiting another hour or two for Creed to come on stage, you're treated to a drunken, stumbling Scott Stapp who spends most of the time sitting, lying down, or trying to keep his balance -- all while slurring his words.

This was very disrespectful to the fans. No self-respecting person would just walk out of the arena without feeling cheated and very disrespected.

And we've heard nothing from Scott yet. At the VERY least I expected an apology. What he should have done is issue a complete refund or schedule a fan appreciation concert. None of those things have been done yet.

Now, I know what you're going to say: "Just leave Scott alone you self-indulgent pig!"

No! I will not sweep this under the carpet. Self-indulgent? What are you talking about? Quit thinking ONLY about Stapp for one second and think of the loyal fans (including myself) that came from far-and-wide, and paid the band around a $1,000,000.00 for that one "show" in Chicago. Scott may be having problems, and I am very supportive and sympathetic, but this behavior is horribly rude, disrespectful, unethical and immoral.

I'm calling it like it is, people -- don't be a spineless drone and just take it.

Nicholas F. Singh

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-03-2003, 08:35 PM   #22
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Velocity, were you the one who organized that great drive for all the letters and e-mails of support for Scott when he was having voice troubles? If so, I can't believe you would turn on him that quickly. Yes, you have every right to be pissed off, mortified and disgusted with his disrespectful actions that night, but I would think you at least would give the man a chance to apologize and announce some sort of makeup show before you give up on him. I hasn't even been a week. Granted, an apology would be better sooner than later, but let's see what happens first.

And what exactly is it that you want people who suffered at that show to do when you say don't be spineless drones and *just take it*?
Old 01-03-2003, 08:39 PM   #23
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
chicago show?...

the dead horse has been beaten to dust. Congradulations.

PPL Weve HEARD ENOUGH OF CHICAGO SHOW, THERES LIKE 2000 THREADS ABOUT IT!@ STOP BEATING THE DEAD HORSE AND START MOVING ON WITH YOUR LIVES!!!!!

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 01-03-2003, 08:48 PM   #24
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Yes, I did organize that drive. In fact, I just shipped out the over 400 messages of support! Again, I'd like to thank everyone that contributed to the cost of my shipping bill.... hehe 8^)

I have not "turned against Scott." He disrespected fans greatly that one night and I am very hurt that he hasn't said anything about it yet.

As for "giving him a chance": I fully expected him to at least mention something at the Philly show. But nothing was said. An apology could have easy been issued via CreedINKs mailing list, but nothing was said. Hence, 1 day ago, I began to post some messages about the lack of anything being said.

As for my "just take it" comment, I'm was talking about how some of us fans just spinelessly go along with *whatever* happens -- just because it's Scott Stapp. Do you guys agree it was extremely disrespectful of him to do this without an apology, irregardless of his personal troubles?

If Scott has not issued any kind of apology more than a week after the show, I kind of doubt he will.

But anyway, I expect much more from Creed (Stapp) than from any other band, and I hold them to a higher standard. And when that standard is ever discarded without the respect of an apology, I'm going to say something about it.

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-03-2003, 08:50 PM   #25
Pittock
USER INFO »
X, I am with you. This is getting old. Yawn.....
Old 01-03-2003, 09:00 PM   #26
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: I fully expected him to at least mention something at the Philly show.
What did you expect him to say in Philly? "I'm sorry to all the Chicago fans, boy was I a drunken idiot back there."??

Quote: I'm very suprised some fans are just taking the abuse and not saying anything.
Abuse. You speak about it like it's a personal attack.

Quote: This was very disrespectful to the fans. No self-respecting person would just walk out of the arena without feeling cheated and very disrespected.
I don't believe there is a single person on this board who disagrees with you. But take it up with WindUP, CreedINK or Jeff Hanson Management. We are sick to death of it.

I mean NO disrespect to you Chicago fans. I have repeatedly said that. I am saying it agan. Yes you were screwed, yes, you were cheated and yes, you all have every right to be pissed, but we can't do anything to make you feel better. You need to contact someone who may have that power.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-03-2003, 09:00 PM   #27
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: But anyway, I expect much more from Creed (Stapp) than from any other band, and I hold them to a higher standard. And when that standard is ever discarded without the respect of an apology, I'm going to say something about it.

This is find unfair. Why should they be held to higher standard than some other band? And I disagree that you aren't turning on Scott Stapp. It hasn't been a week since the show. It was on Sunday; today is Friday, do the math.
Old 01-03-2003, 09:04 PM   #28
souldancer
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by velocityidp
Self-indulgent? What are you talking about? Quit thinking ONLY about Stapp for one second and think of the loyal fans
Well, sorry you didn;t like that word,,,just seemed to flow from the feelings in these posts. Yes, it's sad, it's frustrating, disappointing to say the least...but, the endless, immediate expectations and those that want to 'crucify' Scott are just, well... I have had lots of FRIGGIN DISAPPOINTMENTS too in life that have a monetary value, if that is how you VALUE things. I have learned that life is not fair, but I have always stood with integrity by those that have given to me....and I have no reason now to change my feeling - you , of course have your own experience from attending the show.

And, how can you have a STANDARD for one, that isn;t a standard for another...what kind of unfairness and just LOOKING for a fault does that imply?!
Old 01-03-2003, 09:05 PM   #29
velocityidp
USER INFO »
Point taken, but I find it very hard to believe that any kind of apology is going to be issued a week after the concert -- it wouldn't make much sense, would it?

If Scott was so concerned about disrespecting the fans, he would have apologized immediately. Wouldn't you?

I am concerned about Scott and I sympathize with his struggles. But he needs to be sympathetic to his fans, too!

- "What If", Creed
Old 01-03-2003, 09:05 PM   #30
Pittock
USER INFO »
AMEN! THANK YOU TERIB19 AND DOGSTAR!!