++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-12-2004, 07:57 PM   #16
WhatsUrCreed
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Do I smell a Creed Reunion in the future...I dont know but I certainly hope so....NEVER LOSE FAITH!!
Old 08-12-2004, 08:21 PM   #17
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) I think Mark and Scott will get back together again some day too. Hell, if Van Halen can reunite so can Creed.
My thoughts exactly. It took eight years, but Sammy and Eddie reconciled!
Old 08-12-2004, 09:22 PM   #18
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Thanks for posting that, Shadow. A great read indeed.

I too am glad Scott's talking again and has come out of what he's been going through. I can't wait to hear his solo album.

I think Mark and Scott will get back together again some day too. Hell, if Van Halen can reunite so can Creed.

i would love that but you hear mark and flip talking and its "back in the creed days" and they sound resigned to creed being in the past. perhaps......
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 08-13-2004, 01:12 PM   #19
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Thanks for posting that, Shadow. It was a really good interview.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Scott Stapp: Once you reach a certain point, you kind of want to venture off and work with other people. I think that's totally normal. When a band breaks up — and I put "breakup" in quotation marks because it's something that didn't even really need to be said; we could have both gone off and done our solo projects without ever [announcing the breakup of Creed] ...
I don't really agree with that. If he was thinking Creed was either taking a break or ending for good, we should have been told.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Stapp: Actually, that Pearl Jam thing had absolutely nothing to do with why Brian left the band. Brian left the band because if he didn't, I don't know if Brian would be here right now on this earth. I can't elaborate, but it was for his best interest at the time that he took a break. We always loved Brian and that was the hardest thing we ever had to do. We did that because we cared for him. I'm glad that he's all right now and everything's going good for him now.
Very interesting. I'd never heard that before.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) Stapp: Ever since I was a baby, I would catch everything. I was a sickly kid. I have bad allergies. When you have to travel so much and you're a singer with allergy problems, that stinks. I was put on isolation and voice restriction a lot. After really focusing on what I need to do to stay healthy these last couple years, hopefully I have that under control now.

MTV: Why didn't you just ask for some time off to get healthy? I think your fans would have understood.

Stapp: I was advised not to. I don't want to say by who, but it's whoever advises you as an artist. Here was the logic: Do you think the public would demand that I perform knowing that I have pneumonia, two tumors and a nodule on my vocal cords? Why would someone not want me to tell the public? Only if they were benefiting from me staying on the tour.
The more I read about this type of stuff, it makes me think that a big reason for the break up was Creed's crappy money-crazed management.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 08-13-2004, 04:26 PM   #20
I'mRational
USER INFO »
Well, I doubt that, even though Stapp wants to reunite, Creed will reunite (And frankly I don't want them to). The rest of the guys don't want to now, and I think they will be even less inclined in the future, because they have so much more freedom now. For Creed to reunite, the rest of the guys know they would have to dumb their music down, and they don't want that. The future of AB is in becoming more and more techincally sound. They will probably get closer and closer to prog in the far future.
Old 08-13-2004, 05:25 PM   #21
shunammite
USER INFO »
Maybe they'll tour together someday....Stapp and Tea Party and AlterBridge...it would be great to hear some Creed stuff live again some day...

(I'm not holding my breath, lol, but it could happen...)
Old 08-13-2004, 10:53 PM   #22
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by I'mRational) Well, I doubt that, even though Stapp wants to reunite, Creed will reunite (And frankly I don't want them to). The rest of the guys don't want to now, and I think they will be even less inclined in the future, because they have so much more freedom now. For Creed to reunite, the rest of the guys know they would have to dumb their music down, and they don't want that. The future of AB is in becoming more and more techincally sound. They will probably get closer and closer to prog in the far future.

aside from any personal issues this right on the money. i can't see them doing prog (at least over a whole album) but they won't go back to creed. i think this is best for alter bridge and scott.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 08-13-2004, 11:37 PM   #23
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Wow! That was a great interview! Shadow, thanks SO much for posting it! I have even more respect for him now. He didn't bad-mouth anyone. He was a real class act ... as expected.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:30 AM   #24
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Higher_Desire) The more I read about this type of stuff, it makes me think that a big reason for the break up was Creed's crappy money-crazed management.

H-D
Colin, Scott did a radio interview with a station in Oklahoma today. In the interview he mentioned that they (Scott, Mark and Flip) didn't want to announce a break-up. He said they found out after the fact that with an annoucement there were people making money off of it (not the band). He said that they always spoke about taking a break to venture off to do other projects.

Right now he is in Canada shooting the video for Relearn Love.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:11 PM   #25
Agent D
USER INFO »
Maybe they won't actually revive Creed (unless something happens to Alter Bridge heaven forbid) but maybe we'll get a couple of songs along the lines of Alter Bridge featuring Scott Stapp. Hey, he even could a duet with Myles. How kickass would that be?
Old 08-14-2004, 03:46 PM   #26
creedsister
USER INFO »
DUET HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 08-14-2004, 09:52 PM   #27
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Maybe they won't actually revive Creed (unless something happens to Alter Bridge heaven forbid) but maybe we'll get a couple of songs along the lines of Alter Bridge featuring Scott Stapp. Hey, he even could a duet with Myles. How kickass would that be?

Somehow, I just can't picture Scott doing that.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:45 PM   #28
Kimvan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow)

Hmmm, let me think about that.....umm... NOOO!

Just give love to all....

Peace, and God Bless
Old 08-14-2004, 11:36 PM   #29
Agent D
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow)

Well, why not? Do you think there are hard feelings between Scott and Myles?
Old 08-15-2004, 08:43 AM   #30
Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Well, why not? Do you think there are hard feelings between Scott and Myles?
I don't think there are hard feelings at all. Why should there be? In all honesty, can you really picture Scott singing with Myles? I just can't see it happening.