++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-19-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
"Creed V"

OK so I know it way early to even start thinking about this but I figured Id start a thread for Ideas and opinions on what the general direction of Creeds next album should entail..

-My greatest desire is to hear Creed release a CD that rivals some of their best..I loved MOP. and Human Clay and feel like if the guys go back to their roots a little a may help to improve the quality of music..I really enjoyed Full Circle but in a lot of ways feel that they rushed it..I feel the CD had 3 or 4 strong songs and then the CD just doesnt compare with their past efforts..After talking with several of my friends who were fans back in the day they seem to all say the same things.."Creed is a great band but this cd should be alot better", "Its not the worst CD ive heard", "Sometimes creed writes some songs and you just wonder what they were thinking"..As a fan it aggervates me..Yes 1000 Faces, Overcome, Fear and Good Fight are great songs but they have to quit it with the light overbearing pop songs like Rain and Away in Silence..People want to rock out with songs that have feeling like faceless man, Illusion, ect..I think the biggest problems with Creeds Full circle is that the songs deal to much about Stapp..I love the guy as a singer and song writer but couldnt help feel that almost every song on the CD revolved around his issues..I think the minute that the band begins writing like they did in the past they can have a future..Im sorry but the oh whoa is me thing only goes to far..Yes in Full Circle Creeds music is good but the general meaning behind each song and lyrics are so similar you get the same message in every song..I know these guys have potential..Id like to see them live up to it again and spend a full two years writing like most musicians do before they release a CD-
Old 06-19-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
knicks5171
USER INFO »
Re: "Creed V"

Imo Full Circle sounded like Alter Bridge with Scott as the lead singer. This is probably due to the fact that Mark has become much better on guitar than he was during the mop/hc days. This is not a bad thing but it might mean that we will never see an album like mop or hc again. Flip and Brian have also evolved as musicians and it may be the reason why Full Circle came out the way it did.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:18 PM   #3
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

I echo the comments above ^.

Also, I'm certain almost all of the songs have always dealt with Stapp's issues and how he sees the world. That's what happens when the singer is the principal lyricist.

Last edited by rabidgopher04 : 06-19-2010 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

I agree. It would be great to have another hc type album, but maybe their sound has changed. I guess time will tell.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:52 AM   #5
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) I echo the comments above ^.

Also, I'm certain almost all of the songs have always dealt with Stapp's issues and how he sees the world. That's what happens when the singer is the principal lyricist.
yes indeed, stapp and writes and speaks, for many in the trials and tribulations of his wrting styles, CREED, Has That Double Standard That Most Bands That Arose In Their Time, some wont have Even If Creed Never Records Another Album, They Still Have A Fan Base That Love, Theme Because They Are Creed, And Can Tour, For As Long As They Decide To Get In Gear And Go On The Road Again, in whatever each member of creed decides to do, Creed Will Always Be, i like this pic of stapp because like by itself it speaks alone for the creed brotherhood, Peace Be Wit Ya,s On Rock On..... we need upload more stuff, For Support,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg one of my faves.jpg (3.7 KB, 412 views)