++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 06:13 PM   #121
mamm1234
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Teri...

I understand where you're coming from, I really do, because what a storm it has created.

In all fairness to the 3 girls who were at the Meet and Greet though there is talk that perhaps Mark knew what he was doing when he made his comments to them. They were asked where they were from and how they found out about the Meet and Greet before the discussion and comments were made including the one that he and Scott had "parted ways"

It has been speculated that he maybe was getting frustrated at not being able to get the word out about his new band. It seems inconceivable but could there be some legal constraints???

He's an awesome dude and I have great deal of respect for him. But let's face it, he's also a businessman and has a lot at stake here. I've read that he said he's worked harder the last year than he ever has.

His number one goal now presumably is to make a success of his new band.
Again, why nothing has been said officially is a mystery.

But the girls who were there were speculating why they were given this information. Michael came on Creedpit and denied anything deliberate but you know what, we'll never know. I really don't fault them. It was Mark who made the statements and Michael who has continued to give out further info on MBs and in a chat room. I'm sure Michael is a terrific guy also but they have a lot invested in this new venture so they need to get things done. One of them is to find a way to let people know about the new band and maybe even to test the waters a bit. Unfortunately, this strange way of communicating has been at the expense of fans. Let's face it though, people now know about the band and the reaction is coming in.

Aside from the bizarre way this is all transpiring, I thought as I said above that some of the personal comments made about Scott were pretty low and unfair.

As Michael stated above, a lot has happened behind the scenes and thats where it should have stayed, imo. Those comments about Scott, true or not, should not have been made.

I don't think we can blame the girls though, if you want to blame anyone, blame the source of the comments.

Just my opinion.

And I have come full circle and truly believe we will see Creed as a band again. Until then, I wish them all good luck in the individual projects they are pursuing in the near future.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:17 PM   #122
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Dogstar+11-23-2003 08:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dogstar @ 11-23-2003 08:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Wasn't she supposedly asked not to say anything? When someone makes that request it should be honored. [/b][/quote]
Michael stated at the pit that Mark couldn't care less about it being posted. He had been telling the news to everybody who was around him before the Meet and Greet. It just happened that it was the first time he said what was happening to a group of fans.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:24 PM   #123
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Unfortunately, this strange way of communicating has been at the expense of fans. Let's face it though, people now know about the band and the reaction is coming in

So, the ends justify the means? Hmmm, seems a mean means to me. I don't know why they just didn't release this stuff officially. It would have made the discussions here a lot less contentious.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:31 PM   #124
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Tremonti_Fed+11-23-2003 06:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tremonti_Fed @ 11-23-2003 06:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-Dogstar+11-23-2003 08:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dogstar @ 11-23-2003 08:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Wasn't she supposedly asked not to say anything? When someone makes that request it should be honored. [/b][/quote]
Michael stated at the pit that Mark couldn't care less about it being posted. He had been telling the news to everybody who was around him before the Meet and Greet. It just happened that it was the first time he said what was happening to a group of fans. [/b][/quote]
Yes, but wasn't this was posted after the fact? After the person or people who started this admitted they were asked not to say anything? Seems like damage/spin control to me. I'm just upset about all the strife and discord this has caused among the fans and the people here at the Feed. As I said above, releasing this officially would have made things more clear and there wouldn't have been all this needless speculation about what led to what. Maybe there still would have been some speculating, but it maybe wouldn't have gotten so nasty because people at least would have had facts rather than conjecture to deal with. Just my two cents.
Old 11-23-2003, 06:43 PM   #125
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Dogstar+11-23-2003 06:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dogstar @ 11-23-2003 06:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->

I don't know why they just didn't release this stuff officially. It would have made the discussions here a lot less contentious. [/b][/quote]
My point exactly. It should've been made official BEFORE the word leaked out via the internet. I don't know if she thought it was her duty to tell the entire internet Creed community, but it seems that she chose that course, instead of honoring the request not to say anything.

And Marcos, I understand where you're coming from, but how could she NOT think she'd be starting trouble with her info? I know she didn't make it up, but that didn't mean she had to rush right out and post it. (Please don't anyone argue semantics with me, I know she sat on it for a few days.) Did she honestly think that by posting what little info she got from Mark that everyone would just sit still and NOT speculate? My contention is that her announcing this info has caused more infighting and hard feelings on this board than we ever had before. We've all been through a lot together, and I'm just angry that there is so much in the line of negativity towards each other now.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-23-2003, 06:49 PM   #126
hide
USER INFO »
this is all so confusing i am preddy sure that is really Mark's brother who posts at that site but in conflicts with what the offical CreedInk release said. It stated that it was a solo album and that Creed would be at least recording a couple of new compositions in the next year.

This says for us to think of it as a break that may never end so which one is it? We need some official information to clear all of this up! Through all of these rumours we may be getting the wrong picture competely. Why would Creed release a statement saying they would have a big year next year if they are taking a break that may never end?
Old 11-23-2003, 08:26 PM   #127
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I think that the information these girls got probably shocked them too. And I have to admit that that is pretty BIG news to keep secret ... especially on a MB full of Creed fans. I wonder how I would have possibly been able to keep that to myself. However, if they REALLY wanted to keep Mark's confidence, they would have. I just don't think (obviously) they wanted to.

Also, I think some people just like to feel (and show off) that they have an "in" that nobody else has. ("Mark told me...") It's a status thing.

However, I mostly blame Mark. Obviously, if Creed officials wanted the news to be public, they would have released an official statement. They didn't because they weren't ready to. I think that now that it has been leaked, they need to come out and spill all. There's just far too much speculation going on right now.

I think the real person to blame here is Mark. It was INCREDIBLY selfish and unprofessional of him to do what he did. If the agreement was not to let us know yet ... and obviously it was ... then HE should have shut HIS mouth and respected that. He absolutely knew that this would be leaked. He had to. It's not like these girls are his best friends. "Oh, please keep this just between us." Oh yeah! Okay!! Give me a break!!! He obviously wanted to promote his new band and he didn't care that he was going against the wishes or the "decision" that was made NOT to publicize this yet. He didn't care. He was doing what suited HIM best. To hell with everyone else. Did he stop to think what this would do to the fans?? They have had loyal fans for a long time and he would want the news to be spread by heresay and speculation. I think it's cruel.

I know that some people here are thrilled about his new project ... supporting all the members equally ... blah, blah, blah. And I realize that we don't know exactly what happened behind the scenes and who's fault it was. But still ... if he had any class or care for anyone but himself, he would have handled this like a professional instead of like a first grader. He just showed that he has no respect for the band that made him who he is or for us ... the fans. For that alone, regardless of who's fault this whole "break up" was, I just can't ... and won't ... support him.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:38 PM   #128
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: know that some people here are thrilled about his new project ... supporting all the members equally ... blah, blah, blah.

Please don't deride the feelings of others just because you don't share them. Your tone is truly insulting and condescending

Quote: And I realize that we don't know exactly what happened behind the scenes and who's fault it was. But still ... if he had any class or care for anyone but himself, he would have handled this like a professional instead of like a first grader...

Did you realize what you said here? And yet you continue to bash Mark knowing full well you or anyone else doesn't have the facts. This is just the thing I'm talking about. All you are doing is fanning the flames and getting people riled up yet AGAIN. Enough already.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:43 PM   #129
creedlvr
USER INFO »
I'd like to add one more thing ...

I you haven't figured it out by most of my other posts ... YES, I am a complete Scott Stapp fan.

However, I am not blind or clueless. I am fully aware that he has made some mistakes ... maybe even some that have caused this break up. But at least he "seems" to be acting like a professional about the whole thing. We haven't heard boo from him. I certainly don't think he went talking to anyone at the poker game about this or we would have heard about it. It's not like he's completely out of touch. Is it because it's all his fault ... quite possibly.

Even still ... I can't believe that one person was to blame here. Yes, he had a bad year. But give the guy a break! It's not like he deliberately got sick, or told someone to crash into him, or meant to strain his voice, or asked for further problems with his ex. I'm sure that all the drama with him took its toll on the other members. I'm sure they just want to go and do what they enjoy most. Maybe it's not fair to them. However, I think that they should be "friends" before "business partners" and care about what's going on with him. They've had a TON of success and made LOTS of money. If it meant giving him more time ... then so be it. Are they going broke in the meantime? I doubt it.

Please don't attack me with the "they're not doing it for the money" crap. I'm sure that's "part" of the case. They could take this "Creed down-time" and do some solo stuff ...but to start a whole new band ... with all the existing and ex Creed members??

Well, let's see... leave the Creed door open so that if your new band doesn't succeed the way you want it to, you have good 'ol faithful to fall back on. I think it's shitty!

If Scott is doing some "bad" things, how about trying to help your "friend" above all else? Again, I'm not wearing rose-colored glasses, I just think they have too much to lose by throwing this all away ... including a "supposed" best friend.
Old 11-23-2003, 08:50 PM   #130
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: If Scott is doing some "bad" things, how about trying to help your "friend" above all else? Again, I'm not wearing rose-colored glasses, I just think they have too much to lose by throwing this all away ... including a "supposed" best friend.

How about you knock this all off? Good God, how many times do have to hear THAT YOU OR ANYONE ELSE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED???? Again, you are judging others before you know what the facts are.

PLEASE KEEP YOUR UNINFORMED OPINIONS TO YOURSELF ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK IS GOING ON!! YOU DON'T KNOW. AND NEITHER DOES ANYONE ELSE!
Old 11-23-2003, 09:02 PM   #131
creedlvr
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Dogstar+11-23-2003 08:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dogstar @ 11-23-2003 08:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Quote: know that some people here are thrilled about his new project ... supporting all the members equally ... blah, blah, blah.

Please don't deride the feelings of others just because you don't share them. Your tone is truly insulting and condescending

Quote: And I realize that we don't know exactly what happened behind the scenes and who's fault it was. But still ... if he had any class or care for anyone but himself, he would have handled this like a professional instead of like a first grader...

Did you realize what you said here? And yet you continue to bash Mark knowing full well you or anyone else doesn't have the facts. This is just the thing I'm talking about. All you are doing is fanning the flames and getting people riled up yet AGAIN. Enough already. [/b][/quote]
Ya know ... everytime someone states an opinion that is not shared by the majority of the board, we are told we are out of line.

I was absolutely NOT insulting or condescending. I in NO way put down anyone else's opinions. I was simply sharing mine. I have not said anything that was factual.

1) Most people on this board ARE excited about this new project. They've stated that over and over and have put down and argued with those of us who do not share their excitement. I was simply reiterating those views and explaining why I don't agree. If you took that to be insulting, then I don't know what or how you were reading it ... but read it again. That was not my intention.

2) Yes ... I knew exactly what I was saying. And again ... I did not say anything that wasn't factual. If you want to see it as bashing Mark, then that is your choice. However, the fact remains that HE is the one who leaked this...not some girls on a mess age board...it was Mark! That's a fact. And he did it against the wishes of the rest of the band or Windup or whomever ... That's also a fact. If it wasn't, then they would have released an official statement.

3) The way I see it, you are the one being condescending. You are telling me not to deride the feelings of others, but yet you are doing that to me. If you notice, my entire post is ... "I think" "I feel" ... I am not talking about anyone else or what they think. I am expressing my feelings and frustrations and my take on the whole thing. I thought that was the point here. I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I'm just venting. For you to say to me "Enough already" is ridiculous. I am entitled to speak my opinion just as you are.

Obviously, unless we share the majority's opinion, we shouldn't speek. I hardly think that my post is what's getting everyone riled up. There have been a lot of emotions flying here the past few days and it is certainly not my fault.

Not everyone is going to agree with you. That doesn't mean we shouldn't be allowed to speak.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:06 PM   #132
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Your opinions are not based on fact. When they are, I'll be happy to entertain them. You have been bashing basing your opinions on conjecture. What part of that did you not understand?...your *blah, blah, blah* was snide.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:11 PM   #133
creedlvr
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Dogstar+11-23-2003 08:50 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dogstar @ 11-23-2003 08:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
Quote: If Scott is doing some "bad" things, how about trying to help your "friend" above all else? Again, I'm not wearing rose-colored glasses, I just think they have too much to lose by throwing this all away ... including a "supposed" best friend.

How about you knock this all off? Good God, how many times do have to hear THAT YOU OR ANYONE ELSE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED???? Again, you are judging others before you know what the facts are.

PLEASE KEEP YOUR UNINFORMED OPINIONS TO YOURSELF ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK IS GOING ON!! YOU DON'T KNOW. AND NEITHER DOES ANYONE ELSE! [/b][/quote]
You're SO out of line!!! Maybe not everyone else here shares YOUR opinions. Maybe YOU should keep your opinions to yourself! You seem to think you're always the voice of reason ... the mature one. How about opening your mind a bit and realizing that other people can think for themselves!
Old 11-23-2003, 09:16 PM   #134
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
You're totally missing the point. No, I don't think I'm always the voice of reason or the *mature one* nor am I interested in silencing people who don't agree with me. I'm speaking for myself.

As I said, when your opinions are based on fact, I'll be happy to entertain them and engage in a relevant discussion about the future of the band and its members. If you want to discuss the music part of the debate, fine. But I take offense to your judging the character of the man without knowing the facts. You're assuming things you don't know. I don't how much more clear I have to make that.
Old 11-23-2003, 09:19 PM   #135
creedlvr
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-Dogstar+11-23-2003 09:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dogstar @ 11-23-2003 09:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Your opinions are not based on fact. When they are, I'll be happy to entertain them. You have been bashing basing your opinions on conjecture. What part of that did you not understand?...your *blah, blah, blah* was snide. [/b][/quote]
What I said WAS based on fact. Mark leaked it! And I think it's shitty! Am I allowed to speak my opinion of what DID happen???

My "blah, blah, blah" was because I was obviously not going to repeat all the thoughts of others that I've read. If I had said "etc., or "and so forth", or "and so on" ... would that have been more acceptable to you? We're not in school here. And I wasn't being snide. I was expressing my feelings. WHAT PART OF THAT DIDN'T YOU UNDERSTAND!?!?!?

And by the way ...
Just your first sentence alone is riduculous! An opinion is just that ... it is NOT a fact. Get it??? Entertain THAT!!!
Closed Thread