++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 02-03-2003, 11:33 AM   #1
CREEDDDUDE
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
First recordings of Weathered cd was wrong tuning...

remember this...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The band was in the final stages of mastering its new record,Weathered, and as is often the case with hard rockers following up major hits, Creed were working with their backs against the wall and their final deadline looming ever closer. The disc was due the morning of October19, and the group finished mixing the last track the night before.

When they finally wrapped up the last cut and sent the tapes off to be pressed, they were feeling invincible. To celebrate their lofty accomplishment, singer Scott Stapp took a long drive in his pickup truck and popped the master of Weathered in the vehicle's stereo. He was horrified by what poured from the speakers. It wasn't the actual songs he was unhappy with — he was appalled that the wrong mix of the single"My Sacrifice" had somehow ended up on the finished album, especially since the track had already been shipped off to radio.

"I tried to stay calm, but I was freaking out," Stapp admitted recently at a New York watering hole. "Mark [Tremonti]'s guitars had been lowered about 3Db, so what was on the radio was quite a dramatic departure from what we originally approved for the mastered version. It just deadened the song completely. It was a scary moment 'cause those records are forever, and the first pressing was somewhere between 3 and 5 million, so we were gonna have between 3 and 5 million of the wrong versions out there."

Stapp pulled his truck over, steadied his breathing and called his manager,producer and record label in time for the mistake to be remedied. Millions of defective copies of the album were removed from imminently departing trucks that were set to deliver them to record stores across the country,and radio stations were rushed the correct version of the single.

"The record company just happened to have extra trucks standing by," Stappsaid, relief clearly audible in his voice. "I guess they planned onsomething going wrong 'cause it just couldn't go smooth the whole waythrough."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone ever heard of these misprints re-surfacing? I can't imagine all of those that were on the trucks being destroyed.

forgive me if this topic has been done before
Old 02-03-2003, 02:24 PM   #2
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
yeah I read that on MTV.com
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell