++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Music Matters
Today's Posts «

Old 10-25-2003, 12:02 AM   #3106
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Heaven Beside You -- Alice In Chains
Old 10-25-2003, 02:00 AM   #3107
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
Rosalita -- Bruce Springsteen
The less I find that I understand" ~ Porcupine Tree

http://www.last.fm/user/SmilinSkullRing/
Old 10-25-2003, 02:36 AM   #3108
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
That is one of my favorite Bruce songs! I take it you caught him on his last tour? Welcome to the board, by the way!!!
Old 10-25-2003, 02:58 AM   #3109
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
I did catch him on tour! The best concerts I've ever seen, and I was lucky enough to catch five! I live in Missouri but flew to Sacramento for the 4/09/03 concert and that was my first Bruce concert ever--in the pit no less! The next four were: 7/21 in section 125 and the pouring rain at Giants Stadium, 7/24 section 226 at GS, 7/26 in the pit at GS, and 9/27 section C8 in Milwaukee! If you ever want to read the reviews just ask. LOL As you can probably tell he's my favorite artist.

Thanks for the welcome to the board! Glad to hear you are a Bruce fan. B)

Now I'm listening to "Magic Kind of Lovin'"(never released song) -- Bruce Springsteen

Old 10-25-2003, 03:43 AM   #3110
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Wow, that's great. I caught him in Philly, where I live, and it was my first show, too! I have a friend from Connecticut who catches at least 10 shows every time he tours. Amazing...I did not brave the pit for Bruce, though...I'm sure it was insane...OMG, you were at GS???? That must have been nuts in the rain! I have to say, he put on one hell of a show. One of the best concerts I've ever been to. I had a chance 20-odd years ago to see him The River tour, but I was in college and had four exams the day after the show, so I whimped out and studied for the exams instead. In retrospect, I would have blown off the exams had I known it would take that long to finally catch him!
Old 10-25-2003, 04:02 AM   #3111
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
Wait, did you see the 8/11 Philly show?!!! That must of been freakin' amazing! I have the boot of it and Bruce was on fire like usual and just really loose. I mean he covered Pretty Flamingo for the first time since the '70s! Not to mention he was howling at the moon. Oh, you got one hell of a show if that was the one.

Your friend is awesome to be catching that many shows. I'm already saving up money for the next tour. My friend(s) and I plan to catch a lot of shows here and in Europe.

The show in the rain was fantastic! It really got everyone loose even more and Bruce was really enjoying it. He even brought out Vini Lopez to drum on Spirit in the Night!

Too bad you didn't see him on The River tour. It sounds great! I wasn't alive for it, but I've heard the shows. I would gladly blow off exams for a Bruce concert.

If you can catch him next tour(and I'm hoping he does another E Street Band tour) make sure to get in the pit at least once. It's so great no matter where you are at, but the pit is out of this world! I had Steve Van Zandt staring at me each time I was in the pit. I think it may of been the tie-dye shirt. Also I had eye contact with Bruce in Sacramento--at least I'm pretty sure I did. For sure I had eye contact with him at GS. We were jumping, singing, and just going nuts during Rosalita. Bruce was grinning then he smiled really big, pointed right at me, and yelled "Yeah!!" while shaking his head approvingly. I'll never forget that. B)

I was lucky enough to meet Garry Tallent and Max Weinberg in Sacramento. Almost met Bruce as well. I stood no less than ten feet from him at the hotel! I thought I would hyperventilate. LOL

Old 10-25-2003, 04:27 PM   #3112
Siana
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Siana Send a message via Skype to Siana
Enigma
Old 10-25-2003, 07:13 PM   #3113
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Socialburn B)
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 10-25-2003, 07:15 PM   #3114
Siana
USER INFO »
the rasmus-in the shadows
Old 10-25-2003, 07:34 PM   #3115
SmilinSkullRing
USER INFO »
I was listening to The White Stripes but now it's Roulette by Bruce Springsteen.

Old 10-25-2003, 07:40 PM   #3116
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
<!--QuoteBegin-SmilinSkullRing+10-25-2003 03:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SmilinSkullRing @ 10-25-2003 03:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Wait, did you see the 8/11 Philly show?!!! That must of been freakin' amazing! I have the boot of it and Bruce was on fire like usual and just really loose. I mean he covered Pretty Flamingo for the first time since the '70s! Not to mention he was howling at the moon. Oh, you got one hell of a show if that was the one.

Your friend is awesome to be catching that many shows. I'm already saving up money for the next tour. My friend(s) and I plan to catch a lot of shows here and in Europe.

The show in the rain was fantastic! It really got everyone loose even more and Bruce was really enjoying it. He even brought out Vini Lopez to drum on Spirit in the Night!

Too bad you didn't see him on The River tour. It sounds great! I wasn't alive for it, but I've heard the shows. I would gladly blow off exams for a Bruce concert.

If you can catch him next tour(and I'm hoping he does another E Street Band tour) make sure to get in the pit at least once. It's so great no matter where you are at, but the pit is out of this world! I had Steve Van Zandt staring at me each time I was in the pit. I think it may of been the tie-dye shirt. Also I had eye contact with Bruce in Sacramento--at least I'm pretty sure I did. For sure I had eye contact with him at GS. We were jumping, singing, and just going nuts during Rosalita. Bruce was grinning then he smiled really big, pointed right at me, and yelled "Yeah!!" while shaking his head approvingly. I'll never forget that. B)

I was lucky enough to meet Garry Tallent and Max Weinberg in Sacramento. Almost met Bruce as well. I stood no less than ten feet from him at the hotel! I thought I would hyperventilate. LOL [/b][/quote]
OMG, you have a boot of that show!!!!????? Yes, that was the one I saw...with njcreedite from this board. We had a BLAST! Rosalita was insane, as was I, LOL...I was waiting all night for it...I was soooo stoked when they played that....Very cool on the eye contact! What a blast...definitely in the pit the next time!
Old 10-25-2003, 07:45 PM   #3117
Siana
USER INFO »
stone sour
Old 10-26-2003, 02:38 AM   #3118
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Jerry Cantrell -- Hurt a Long Time