++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 06-09-2004, 07:47 PM   #16
hayley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
My mum goes through depression, I hate it
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 06-09-2004, 08:18 PM   #17
14Fuel
USER INFO »
yeah the meds has it's down fall. My cousin and aunt HAVE to have their meds at all times. If not...........they get completly down. However, it keeps them going and they very rarley get depressed when they're on them. Yeah, they are kind of expensive. I never have understood that. Depression is SUCH a huge disease in America and I can't figure out why they don't lower the cost on meds to help people out. It's so serious and so many people brush it off like it's not. Uggggg I could go on forever about it. Just like there is family planning you can go to for birth control, pregnancy et c. I think there should be a place for depression. Good luck though.

-Sherri
Old 06-09-2004, 08:21 PM   #18
14Fuel
USER INFO »
addicted2stapp It's hard to see your Mom go through it huh!?!? I remember the first time I knew my Mom was depressed. I mean, I always knew something might be wrong and I knew she had been through some rough times in her life, but she woke up one morning and couldn't remember her own name she was so depressed. I hope your Mum gets better. Keep supporting her...............

-Sherri
Old 06-12-2004, 05:18 AM   #19
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Quote: (Originally Posted by 14Fuel) addicted2stapp It's hard to see your Mom go through it huh!?!?
Yeah, it is. It's not all of the time, but still, I hate it when she does get it. I worry about my brother the most though, he gets afraid when it happens, he's 12, and I try to keep him away where we can hear my mum arguing or crying, he just gets really upset. And that upsets me to see him that way.

It's weird, I can't really help her, because I don't know what to do. I can't explain what she goes through, but they are sort of like nervous breakdowns and she goes all ape, then gets really upset and locks herself in her room sometimes. I know that my mum and dads marrige is going through a rough time, it has been for awhile now, but I don't want to interfere with that, they have had problems for a while, and every now and then it seems like they will get a divorce. Money is a big issue for her, and whenever something goes wrong with money she gets upset. There are also other things that I don't know about, and I don't really want to know because it will just upset me. It's just hard to see her so upset.

Quote: (Originally Posted by 14Fuel) but she woke up one morning and couldn't remember her own name she was so depressed.
Wow, sorry to hear that. My mum isn't that bad, but she does get into a bad state sometimes and I worry that she might do something stupid.

But this all seems worse than it is. She is okay half of the time, it's just when something goes wrong she gets depressed, it's still hard though when she does get like that.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006