++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 07-22-2006, 10:46 AM   #1
bilal
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
a story without a title

A man went to a barber shop to have his hair and his beard cuts as always. He started to have a good conversation with the barber who attended him. They talked about so many things and various subjects.
Suddenly, they touched the subject of GOD. The barber said, "Look man, I don't believe that GOD exists as you say so".
"Why do you say that?" Asked the client. "Well, it's so easy; you just have to go out in the street to realize that GOD does not exist.
Oh, tell me, if GOD existed, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If GOD existed, there would be no suffering or pain. I can't think of a GOD who permits all of these things."
The client stopped for moment thinking but he didn't want to respond so as to prevent an argument. The barber finished his job and the client went out of the shop.
Just after he left the barber shop he saw a man in the street with a long hair and beard (it seems that it had been a long time since he had his cut and looked so untidy).
Then the client again entered the barber shop and he said to the barber, "know what? Barbers do not exist." "How come they don't exist?" asked the barber. "Well I am here and I am a barber." "No!" the client exclaimed. "They don't exist because if they did there would be no people with long hair and beard like that man who walks in the street.
"Ah, barbers do exist, what happens is that people do not come to me." "EXACTLY!" affirmed the client. "That's the point. GOD does exist, what happens is people don't go to HIM and do not look for HIM, that's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world".
Old 07-29-2006, 12:14 AM   #2
SecretWeapon
USER INFO »
Re: a story without a title

Haha! Awesome!
Old 08-24-2006, 12:48 AM   #3
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 08-24-2006, 01:17 AM   #4
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

I likes

-Homer Simpson

Old 08-24-2006, 03:57 AM   #5
RalphyS
USER INFO »

Aah, I understand, so God let's people suffer because they don't come to him!

The quarter of a million people who died in the tsunami are themselves to blame, they just had to go to God, they should be happy he called them in.

Ralphy's Cool Music Site www.aowekino.nl
Old 08-24-2006, 11:33 AM   #6
bilal
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by RalphyS) Aah, I understand, so God let's people suffer because they don't come to him!

The quarter of a million people who died in the tsunami are themselves to blame, they just had to go to God, they should be happy he called them in.

Ralphy..... you see.... that was never part of the deal........ God never said or promised that if you belive in me......you wont be inflicted with any natural clamity or that you wont suffer hunger, pain or loss........ by your keep saying that again and again that look how many died in tsummi ...or say how may got killed in Iraq .......its just a base less argument .......and faith never needed any comforting from God too...........its the heart that tasted the truth...and that truth....that faith..... will be tested.....over and over again............ and in those hard and enduring times......not just your faith will be tested....but after that passage of that hard time....you will find it more refreshed....... and that what your other post in the political section is about.....that how prayers are becoming more stronger in middle east.......you see.....being all safe from harm by just praying was never part of the deal.......so its a really lousy argument.....its more like making fun of someones belives...... but yes...its true..... a beliver will definetly related his surroundings with God AlMIGHTY........ cause he cant help his passion ........
Old 08-24-2006, 12:05 PM   #7
metalchris25
USER INFO »

Great story Bilal!
Old 08-24-2006, 12:17 PM   #8
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by bilal) Ralphy..... you see.... that was never part of the deal........ God never said or promised that if you belive in me......you wont be inflicted with any natural clamity or that you wont suffer hunger, pain or loss........ by your keep saying that again and again that look how many died in tsummi ...or say how may got killed in Iraq .......its just a base less argument .......and faith never needed any comforting from God too...........its the heart that tasted the truth...and that truth....that faith..... will be tested.....over and over again............ and in those hard and enduring times......not just your faith will be tested....but after that passage of that hard time....you will find it more refreshed....... and that what your other post in the political section is about.....that how prayers are becoming more stronger in middle east.......you see.....being all safe from harm by just praying was never part of the deal.......so its a really lousy argument.....its more like making fun of someones belives...... but yes...its true..... a beliver will definetly related his surroundings with God AlMIGHTY........ cause he cant help his passion ........
PRAYERS ARE INDEED , BECOMING STRONGER In The Middle East The Baby*** Angels Are A New Song AS IF IT were A New SONG AMEN AND AMEN AMEN AND AMEN
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done