++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Chat-O-Rama
Today's Posts «

Old 10-27-2004, 11:43 PM   #1
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
World Series Over! Sox Win!

Boston Red Sox win!!!!!

The curse of Bambino is over! It was supposed to last 100 years, but only lasted 86. For the first time since 1918, the Sox are World Series champions.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 10-27-2004, 11:54 PM   #2
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
So excited for you Boston fans, my good friends!!! Was it my imagination or did St. Louis seem to lay down and die during this series?? Albert Pujols (sp?) seemed to be the only one out there playing for the Cards.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Last edited by TeriB19 : 10-28-2004 at 09:36 AM. Reason: ooops, I meant to type 'series' instead of season....
Old 10-28-2004, 12:20 AM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!! I can't EVEN tell you how excited I am!!!!!
Old 10-28-2004, 03:48 AM   #4
RMadd
USER INFO »
Teri, I assume you mean the postseason? If so, yeah, they did. Rolen had 0-fers in the LDS and World Series. Phat Albert was easily the most consistent player.
I've got one question for you Sox fans: how does it feel now? is there any purpose to your existence as Sox fans, given that the whole "cult" of being a fan was based on the whole "curse". Honestly, I've often wondered that (and for Cubs fans, too... but hey, now they're the only losers in baseball!)

Old 10-28-2004, 03:56 AM   #5
RMadd
USER INFO »
I've also got a few pics, though they're not too great o' quality, and from a decent distance away (bleachers). that said, i couldn't get any good pics of Scott. i'll try and have 'em up in the next few days, pending my purchase of a USB 1.1.
Just a couple observations:
in the early innings, the home plate ump was just a tad bit biased, as though Derek Lowe and all the other Sox had gotten on their knees and sucked his dick before the game. following his fucked up called 3rd strike on a foul ball by John Mabry (#47), he started making better calls.
also, in the outfield for the last few innings, the Sox had Kapler, Damon, and Ramirez. At one point, Kapler and Damon were talking to each other in the outfield, backs to the bleachers. This may not seem weird, 'til the guy standing behind us pointed out, they're numbers 19 & 18. So, next to each other, they read "1918". Then you've got Manny (fucking prick) who's #24, throw in a couple o' zeros (or the space between his ears), and you've got 2004. Strange, eh?

Old 10-28-2004, 04:18 AM   #6
RMadd
USER INFO »
http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3116686

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3115640 (ahhhh.... casual fans <cough> Hellboy <cough>)

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3113774

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3116924

haha, I guess Fox Sports is just like the News Channel, fair and balanced in every way.... No fucking East Coast Bias here!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2004, 04:22 AM   #7
RMadd
USER INFO »
one last thing (hopefully)... how was Manny (fucking prick!) Series MVP? He made 2 horrible errors that almost cost the Sox Game 1... now, maybe I'm just partial to Bill Mueller (who hit .500 w/ 2 doubles & 2 RBI's in the Series) just b/c he went to my current school. But his slugging and on-base percentages were higher. Plus, Mueller's an excellent fielder; Manny sucks balls.

Old 10-28-2004, 12:52 PM   #8
Higher_Desire
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) Teri, I assume you mean the postseason? If so, yeah, they did. Rolen had 0-fers in the LDS and World Series. Phat Albert was easily the most consistent player.
LOL. I see that LDS in your post and I thought you were writing something about Mormons. : I was like, "what the hell is that in this thread for??"
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) I've got one question for you Sox fans: how does it feel now? is there any purpose to your existence as Sox fans, given that the whole "cult" of being a fan was based on the whole "curse". Honestly, I've often wondered that (and for Cubs fans, too... but hey, now they're the only losers in baseball!)
Dude, get over yourself. I was only cheering for the Sox for two main reasons. 1) All my friends were and 2) Any team that beats the Yankees in the playoffs deserves to win the Series! Yankees suck.

And, don't say that the Cubs are the only losers in Baseball. That's not nice. Remember, the Colorado Rockies are just as bad, if not worse.

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) one last thing (hopefully)... how was Manny (fucking prick!) Series MVP? He made 2 horrible errors that almost cost the Sox Game 1... now, maybe I'm just partial to Bill Mueller (who hit .500 w/ 2 doubles & 2 RBI's in the Series) just b/c he went to my current school. But his slugging and on-base percentages were higher. Plus, Mueller's an excellent fielder; Manny sucks balls.
I don't think Manny "sucks balls" but I do agree that he should not have been MVP. Johnny "Jesus" Damon should have been, but my second choice was David Ortiz. I guess it's better Manny Ramirez be the MVP than Curt Schilling. Now that dude's a prick.

H-D

Today I'm gonna try a little harder
Gonna make every minute last longer
Gonna learn to forgive and forget
'Cause we don't have long
Gonna make the most of it

Today I'm gonna love my enemies
Reach out to somebody who needs me
Make a change, make the world a better place
'Cause tomorrow could be one day too late

--lyrics from "One Day Too Late" by Skillet
from their new album "Awake"
Old 10-28-2004, 01:52 PM   #9
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) I've also got a few pics, though they're not too great o' quality, and from a decent distance away (bleachers). that said, i couldn't get any good pics of Scott. i'll try and have 'em up in the next few days, pending my purchase of a USB 1.1.
Just a couple observations:
in the early innings, the home plate ump was just a tad bit biased, as though Derek Lowe and all the other Sox had gotten on their knees and sucked his dick before the game. following his fucked up called 3rd strike on a foul ball by John Mabry (#47), he started making better calls.
also, in the outfield for the last few innings, the Sox had Kapler, Damon, and Ramirez. At one point, Kapler and Damon were talking to each other in the outfield, backs to the bleachers. This may not seem weird, 'til the guy standing behind us pointed out, they're numbers 19 & 18. So, next to each other, they read "1918". Then you've got Manny (fucking prick) who's #24, throw in a couple o' zeros (or the space between his ears), and you've got 2004. Strange, eh?

Hahaha, right on about the umps. I thought they did a horrible job at the plate through the whole series, on both sides.

Re: our whole existence as Sox fans. This just makes the passion more intense if you ask me, because now we know we can win it all. It'll make us hungry for more. I don't think this will lessen the intensity for this team one bit. Fans in Boston show up every year, win or lose. Even when they were never in it over the years, they still got close to 30,000 a game, especially in the last 10 years or so. Baseball rules in New England.
Old 10-29-2004, 04:49 AM   #10
RMadd
USER INFO »
hmmm... I'm not denying anything you're saying Dogstar, but a handful of baseball writers wrote about this whole deal quite differently (i posted a bunch of links to stories in another WS thread)... they offered some nice solace after we got back here around 2:30 yesterday morning...
Colin: Manny's a good player, but he, in my mind, is a prick. and we Cards' fans don't like pricks. we can hardly tolerate pricks unless they're as dominant as Bob Gibson.
Ortiz didn't do jack in the WS. If I remember correctly, he batted about .333. Sure he kicked ass in Game 1, but in my mind, one good game does not a series MVP make (that's why i don't think pitchers who pitch just one game should be MVP, and it's damn good they didn't pick Schilling or Pedro or Lowe). Damon, in my mind, would've been a cliche pick, if you will, for MVP.
And I wasn't trying to be stuck-up or a prick in my questioning of Sox fans meaning for existence now; I was merely reiterating the same question I'd seen raised numerous times. What does become of the "cult" now that it's true driving force is no more? And Dogstar answered it for me.
I guess my anger directed towards fair-weather fans was those you see all over the place wearing their Boston hats, people who wouldn't normally wear a hat to begin with, let alone a Sox hat.

Old 10-29-2004, 04:54 AM   #11
RMadd
USER INFO »
One funny thing I came across this afternoon: in the 4 major sports teams St. Louis has had that have made it to their respective championship games/series, those teams representing St. Louis have lost to teams from the Boston/New England area in their most recent appearance in the championship.
NBA: St. Louis Hawks defeated by Bahstan Celtics in the late '50s
NHL: St. Louis Blues: lost to Bruins in Stanley Cup 3 seasons in a row (if I'm not mistaken) '67-'69
NFL: Adam fuckin' Vinateri... Rams lose to Pats in the '01 Super Bowl in Jan '02
MLB: yep
so I can only hold out hope that the Pats don't lose to Big Ben and the Steelers this Sunday, and that the Rams actually ruin the Pats unprecedented 20-game winning streak!

Old 10-29-2004, 11:54 AM   #12
R U Ready?
USER INFO »
Great job Sox. You "reversed the curse" as people are saying and that will surely be a new t-shirt that will sell thousands. The Sox absolutley FLATTENED the Cards, it was a disappointing World Series, so anti-climatic when compared to 2 LCS that went 7 games, not to mention having Boston and New Your play each other. I guess now, nerd mathematicians will be going crazy looking for connections between 1918, Babe, 2004, Boston, World Series, curse, and such.

-Open Your Eyes
Old 10-29-2004, 07:09 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) ... and that the Rams actually ruin the Pats unprecedented 20-game winning streak!
Uh, that would be 21 games .

And I agree that it was tough to pick an MVP for the Series. This was pretty much a total team effort. Manny hit .400-something for the Series and a homer, so I guess maybe that's why they picked him. The bullpen also pitched great. I would have given it to all of them because they did indeed do a great job.

I also don't think Manny is a prick. He seems like an OK guy, a little flaky maybe, but not mean-spirited, at least not from what I have seen.
Quote: but a handful of baseball writers wrote about this whole deal quite differently (i posted a bunch of links to stories in another WS thread).

I guess I'll have to read those stories as I'm not quite sure what you are referring to...are you talking about the umpiring?