++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 05-21-2005, 08:13 PM   #61
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jester) Uncirtaindrummer-

I can respect that you believe what you believe it is your right , however it is frustrating when people are blinded by their faith to dismiss any argument made with out so much as thinking about it or cross referencing its just "Oh well its againts the teachings or my God it MUST be wrong" I am just trying to get people here to think cuz it you don't ever question your faith (in my opinion) it isn't worth dick. I would put forth that God would want people who cross reference and scrutinize rath than blind faith Just my

I completely agree with that. Look, I'm Catholic, and constantly debate, argue with, and discuss with Protestants, and I almost always win the arguments. Several times they even ADMIT I won the arguments and still go one beliving whatever it is they believe.

I certainly don't blindly take for granted the Bible. I have done research and it is satisfactory enough for me to believe that the Gospels are valid historically. From there, I arrive at the Catholic Church.

I would ask though: Just suppose you ever DID think begin to think the Gospels were historically valid. Would you then believe in Christianity? Or would you not even if someone adequately proved their validity?

I am just curious about that. I don't want to get into an argument about it.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:04 PM   #62
Jester
Banned
USER INFO »

Last edited by Jester : 05-26-2005 at 05:12 AM.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:31 PM   #63
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Well, there is no question that a LOT of churches are hypocritical and a LOT of members of churches (even the good ones!) are highly hypocritical.

I would definitely hope you don't let hypocritical people keep you from believing in Christ though. That would be a shame.

Let me ask you a question: Do you believe in God?
Old 05-21-2005, 10:53 PM   #64
NakedSmurf
Banned
USER INFO »
Yes Uncertain Both Jester and I believe there is a God
Old 05-21-2005, 11:12 PM   #65
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jester) Sincirr...

sticking point here if they took him to be dedicated befor they fled they would have had to go to Jeruselem which is where Herod was who ORDERED the killing of the first born male or in your haste did you neglect to remember that when you replied?

I would like to say that I don NOT have a personal hatered of Christians I have many near and dear friends who are Christians. I am just saying that based on the records and texts I have found I have reason to belive that the whole structure of Christianity is Baseless in the 4 th century the texts where changed to make the story of christ "more believable" due to the fact that there were so many whole in the story it leaked like a siv.

these are my own personal revalations done through my own research because I dared to look out side of the box and what I found is that christianity is nothing more than a house of cards whit no foundation I felt betrayed by my parents for making me waste my life on such bull shit ( I am not knocking anyones faith here I am stating my feelings) if you find happiiness with christianity they I comend you but I encourage you to look at both sides of the coin I think that every one has a different path to follow and christianity it that path for some but I do not believe that it is the only way to heaven. I do believe in God I just reject the Christian model of him.

In short I just ask and encourage that you seek truth and not accept what is put in front of you because there is a whole world out there that the church doesn't want you to know about and doesn't want you to see (man that sounded like the matrix didn't it) I guess that the world is right you can not avoid arassment from the right (wing)

next thing you know you're gonna tell me the world was created in 7 days and that the earth is 40,000 years old
Thanks for your patience in replying.

You are very tactful but I feel sorry for your Christian friends cos I feel that U think deep down that they are a joke and what they hold dear is a joke. I find that sad. Also downgrading. I wonder how they feel.

I will say though, that you might not believe me at all, but I was not born in a Christian family like yourself, in fact I hated it and anything to do with God or the bible. I truly believed that Jesus was definitely not anythihg but a man with decent integrity of sorts. Now U would think that I felt like a fool for Choosing Christ but I didnt have time for that cos I was overwhealmed by His reality.

You never got the chance to choose when U were growing up. Of course U have to go through these things yourself but even the opinion of Herod is based on your opinion of the timeline of events. Your opinion of the info U have gathered.

There must be enough arguments to keep the bible credible or it would have been aboilished centuries ago! I mean, U R not the first one that has come along and researched stuff about it.

I encourage you to keep your mind unboxed and your heart pure when researching.

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 05-22-2005, 12:23 AM   #66
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by NakedSmurf) Yes Uncertain Both Jester and I believe there is a God
you naughty lit smurf you get some cloths on
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 05-22-2005, 01:31 AM   #67
Jester
Banned
USER INFO »

Last edited by Jester : 05-26-2005 at 05:13 AM.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:33 AM   #68
NakedSmurf
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) you naughty lit smurf you get some cloths on

I'm soory unlike some people (especially christians) I am not ashamed of my Body and do tell me where is it written that being naked is a sin??
Old 05-22-2005, 01:51 AM   #69
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Sincirr Send a message via MSN to Sincirr Send a message via Skype to Sincirr
Quote: (Originally Posted by Jester) ...they have disproved that mercury causes autizim but people are still suing over it

Seems U R implying that it doesnt matter what is proven, people are still stupid enough to follow bullshit? Its quite insulting.

Also, nothing U have put forward has convinced me yet. Though I am interested in this idea of the scriptures being changed. Got any online references for that stuff so I can go through it?

And this is not about autism, this is about discrediting Jesus as "The Way, The Truth and The Life, and no-one comes to The Father except through Him ["me"', John 14:6.] U might not be concerned about this because you believe that its bullshit, but I am concerned because I believe that it is the only way to the Father. Your friends, though respectful of your journey, must be freaking out!

Quote: (Originally Posted by smurfboy) I'm sorry unlike some people (especially christians) I am not ashamed of my Body and do tell me where is it written that being naked is a sin??
hmmm he has a point!

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 05-22-2005, 01:54 AM   #70
NakedSmurf
Banned
USER INFO »
umm I would just like to say here that I AM JESTER'S WIFE, NOT A HE
Old 05-22-2005, 01:58 AM   #71
NakedSmurf
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Sincirr) Seems U R implying that it doesnt matter what is proven, people are still stupid enough to follow bullshit? Its quite insulting.

UMMM yes People are stupid and buy into bull shit. you ever watch Penn & Teller's BULL SHIT, on Showtime? Deople beLIEve all sorts of bullshit that has been disproven.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:06 AM   #72
Jester
Banned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by NakedSmurf) UMMM yes People are stupid and buy into bull shit. you ever watch Penn & Teller's BULL SHIT, on Showtime? Deople beLIEve all sorts of bullshit that has been disproven.

I couldn't agree more my smurf
Old 05-22-2005, 02:18 AM   #73
Sincirr
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by NakedSmurf) umm I would just like to say here that I AM JESTER'S WIFE, NOT A HE
Well you are a male smurf in your picture so I just assumed. My apologies.

Do U think I am male or a female?

I dont apologise for saying that your opinions on the validity of the bible are just that! Your opinion! And just for my temper's sake, stop implying that I am stupid!

Ok so whats your story with all this belief stuff Mrs Smurf? And how long have you guys been together? How old are U 2?

ROCK HARD!!!

Old 05-22-2005, 03:27 AM   #74
Jester
Banned
USER INFO »

Last edited by Jester : 05-26-2005 at 05:14 AM.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:04 PM   #75
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Well that's good. I hope you find what you are looking for.

I would say though, that people stop believing in "BS" when it costs them their lives, and there are TONS of historical records of TONS of people giving their lives for Christ in the early centuries up through today.

Last edited by uncertaindrumer : 05-22-2005 at 01:47 PM.