++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-26-2003, 10:53 PM   #91
creedlvr
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: Originally posted by Flip
For Fuck sake its like wwIII

:lol: :lol:
Old 04-26-2003, 11:50 PM   #92
Mr.CreedFreakTN
USER INFO »
Bottom line is Creed fullfilled their obligation in Chicago. They showed up and put on a concert that they were contracted to do.It might not have been the best show they 've put on, but it was Creed live. You do have the right to be upset, but you don't have the right to sue.I'm sure most of us have gone to work and not performed our jobs to the best of our ability for either being sick, or had something on our minds preventing us to do our jobs. Stapp has had it rough last year, does he deserve to be brought down a notch or two ? maybe. Does he deserve to be sued ? Not at all. So for you four that are enjoying your 15 minutes of fame, that is all you'll get .
Old 04-27-2003, 01:41 AM   #93
hotforscott
USER INFO »
You said it, Mr. TN!
Old 04-27-2003, 09:05 PM   #94
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by robaustin1701
See - that's what I mean - because you are letting your emotions rulle the rational, logical portion of your brain, you can't FATHOM separating them.  This is emotional immaturity.  Emotional maturity is being able to think rationally and logically about a situation without letting one's emotions cloud their judgement.

It's basic psychology.

I know I know.....you don't care....

Go take the emotional IQ test:

http://www.emode.com/tests/eiq/authorize/r...s/eiq/index.jsp

I'll bet the folks who are agreeing with me score higher.....

--*Rob

Oh really?? Well, I took this test almost a month ago, and scored an emotional IQ of 118. I think that score is fairly high and I DON'T agree with you.

And would you believe it? My greatest emotional strength is empathy - the ability to see things from someone else's point of view. How about that???
Old 04-27-2003, 09:31 PM   #95
#1creedfan
USER INFO »
Ok, I know that this is a few days old, but, I am just getting things back in order from the holiday. First of all this lawsuit is terrible. It will open a whole can of worms for any professional entertainer, actor, or even sports. Because I didnt feel that a concert was up to my standards, or because I went to a movie and it really sucked, or even if I go to a baseball game and the team sucked beyond beleif and end up leaving--DO I SUE THEM???? Come on America! This country is sick and money hungry!!! This law suit will now be in the books and anyone can follow along with any entertainment function. It is now going to pave the way for more money hungry people and lawyers who want to make a name for themselves. I am so angry over this. And you know what it doesnt even matter that it was with Creed, I would feel the same way about any band or singer that would be involved. Hmmm the Pittsburgh Pirates have only won one game that I have gone to in the past three years, so you know what maybe we should sue them. GIVE ME A BREAK
Just give love to all-Let's give love to all**We've seen our share of ups and downs Oh how quickly life can turn around in an instant It feels so good to reunite Within yourself and within your mind Let's find peace there:band:
Old 04-27-2003, 09:57 PM   #96
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Excellent point, #1! Suppose I love George Clooney movies, (I know, it's a stretch) but let's just suppose. I love George, thought he was great in Oh Brother, Where Art Thou, Out of Sight etc. So I've come to expect that George puts on a really good performance. Then I pay my hard earned $8, plus parking plus babysitter to go see Batman 3. Oh my HELL, that movie sucked. Geez, what a letdown. I never expected George to be in such a shitty movie and give such a terrible performance. I want my money back, do I sue? Please, let's not be ridiculous.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 04-27-2003, 10:11 PM   #97
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Exactly. I wonder if a lot of Steven Segal fans felt that way after they saw Executive Decision.
Old 04-27-2003, 10:47 PM   #98
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by hotforscott
Exactly. I wonder if a lot of Steven Segal fans felt that way after they saw Executive Decision.

:lol: That movie did suck .
Old 04-27-2003, 11:11 PM   #99
JenRN
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by Mr.CreedFreakTN
Bottom line is Creed fullfilled their obligation in Chicago. They showed up  and put on a concert that they were contracted to do.It might not have been the best show they 've put on, but it was Creed live. You do have the right to be upset, but you don't have the right to sue.I'm sure most of us have gone to work and not performed our jobs to the best of our ability for either being sick, or had something on our minds preventing us to do our jobs. Stapp has had it rough last year, does he deserve to be brought down a notch or two ? maybe. Does he deserve to be sued ? Not at all. So for you four that are enjoying your 15 minutes of fame, that is all you'll get .

So well put Mr. TN!! I totally agree!

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 04-27-2003, 11:15 PM   #100
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Exactly. There were no guarantees except that they would get a Creed show, which they did get. Anything could have happened that night. Would there still be a lawsuit if the show was bad due to technical problems, rather than Scott's behaviour?
Old 04-29-2003, 12:36 AM   #101
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedfan47a
Exactly.  There were no guarantees except that they would get a Creed show, which they did get.  Anything could have happened that night.  Would there still be a lawsuit if the show was bad due to technical problems, rather than Scott's behaviour?
That was well put Bec
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 04-29-2003, 08:40 PM   #102
creedfan47a
USER INFO »
Thanks Julie.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:43 PM   #103
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 05-01-2003, 11:07 AM   #104
Flip
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by creedlvr
:lol: :lol:

well it is!

¦¦Are you ready? ¦¦

¦¦Creed¦¦pearl¦¦primalscream¦¦zildjian¦¦Premier¦¦Alter Bridge¦¦
Old 05-01-2003, 05:00 PM   #105
Charmin
USER INFO »
I think people should seriously consider what this law suit will do to the entertainment industry-instead of their own selfish reasons. Look what this has done to the medical profession-you can't be a DR without having malpractice insurance-although mistakes a Dr. would make could be life threatning-and this isn't. Reprecussions of medical suits have trickle down effects that are too numerous to mention. Is this what entertainers have to look forward to? If so-I can see an end to live entertainment all together, and is this what we really all want to see? Maybe all entertainment will become virtual with a big disclaimer at the beginning. It isn't a crime to have a bad performance- and there are no laws against it-so I really don't see the point.

I've got news for these people-this is not the first time in their life they are gonna lose money. This is not the first time their money will be wasted or mis-spent or thrown into the wind. It's gonna happen-let's just hope they don't sue every time it does. They need to take off the rose colored glasses. Life sucks sometimes and then you die. It's what you do in the meantime that matters.

People who think Creed is beyond making any mistakes also need to take off the rose colored glasses. They are human, just like the rest of us. They are gonna continue to make mistakes as long as they are alive and breathing.

I think they are an awesome band, and I believe they will do what is right-but I hope for all the entertainers out there now and for the ones in the future-this law suit is laughed out of court.

Charmin