++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 02-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
the iron horse
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Sunday Dispatch.649

Sunday Dispatch.649

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
~Galatians 1:8

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ.
~Galatians 3:8

A Suggested Guide on Searching for God in a Sea of Religion

Chapter Three

False teachers entered the new Christian faith early. The false teachers were adding extra baggage to the Good News of Christ. To be right with God you must keep this law or that rule, you must do this or that.

It was “another gospel” and it really upset Paul. He let it show in the opening verses of his letter to the Galatians living in the Roman province of Galatia. Paul uses some very strong and shocking phrases: “let them be accursed” and those things he left behind as “dung.” Paul uses a Greek word for our English “dung” that is equivalent to the effect of the Germanic four letter word used today for animal or human excrement.

Many of these teachers were also teaching that males must be circumcised. To fulfill God’s command in the Old Testament Jewish males were circumcised eight days after birth. It was a sign that they were the Lord’s people. Eight days after birth a baby’s body is able to clot blood when cut and doing it early, although it hurt, the males did not remember it.

The requirement being taught upset male Gentiles (non-Jews) and rightly so. How many adult males today would submit to being circumcised without the use of modern day anesthesia?

Paul deals with these issues and reminds the Galatians and us that we
are reconciled by the grace of God.

The moment we try to earn it by keeping laws or doing
good deeds it is no longer grace but another gospel.