++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-10-2005, 07:54 PM   #31
Chase
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Well..Ill .go in parts

First...No I dont think its cool that Cornell performs RATM songs

Second...okay they didnt made an legal agreement..its true...but so are u saying to me that is right to give one's word and after that forgot this? Just because it wasnt written in a contract? Its disappointing, Chase...

Yes... it's disappointing to a degree... but it's also legal for him to do. Stapp has 10 songs on "The Great Divide." He has to compensate the lack of solo material for him for perform a full set of songs live. It's either he performs 6 cover songs... or some Creed songs... or a mix of songs. Either way... he's got a limited amount of solo material. We will see what happens once he starts going on tour.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:59 PM   #32
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Yes... it's disappointing to a degree... but it's also legal for him to do. Stapp has 10 songs on "The Great Divide." He has to compensate the lack of solo material for him for perform a full set of songs live. It's either he performs 6 cover songs... or some Creed songs... or a mix of songs. Either way... he's got a limited amount of solo material. We will see what happens once he starts going on tour.

So he and WU must do it in a different way...maybe writing 12 or 14 songs in his cd...or maybe performing another songs...like ..humm...Doors songs (as he used to do in Creed days) and not its not the same of performing Creed songs...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 12-10-2005, 10:01 PM   #33
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Why is Cornell performing Rage Against the Machine songs? Why is Weiland performing Stone Temple Pilots songs? They feel like it... a lot of people enjoyed those songs. They have the right to perform those songs. What is Stapp going to do? Headline a concert and play 10 songs in like 45 minutes?

With respect to Cornell and Weiland they did wait until release of VR and AS second albums before they started to cover songs from their previous bands.

Although you do have a point, if he wishes to play them on tour then so be it. Dissapointing that its not Creed playing them, but if he wants to play them he can. Interesting to see if it will be well recieved by concert goers.
Some days my skin just isn’t so thick
Old 12-10-2005, 10:09 PM   #34
IamFilthy
USER INFO »
Scott has said several times that he is gonna do Creed songs, so enough complaining already please
I've been living a double life
Old 12-10-2005, 10:46 PM   #35
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
it was to long i did,nt read it all i quit reading at. That When Im Alone I prefer silence
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 12-10-2005, 11:42 PM   #36
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Muad'Dib) With respect to Cornell and Weiland they did wait until release of VR and AS second albums before they started to cover songs from their previous bands.
Not to mention that it's been YEARS since their respective break-ups. For a lot of fans, the Creed break-up remains too fresh. Plus, I was under the impression that they had a gentleman's agreed not to play the songs if they did indeed go their separate ways. If that was the case, then I don't think it's right for Stapp to perform them, legal or otherwise.

Quote: Although you do have a point, if he wishes to play them on tour then so be it. Dissapointing that its not Creed playing them, but if he wants to play them he can. Interesting to see if it will be well recieved by concert goers.
I won't like it, that's for sure. If I'm there, I'm not sure how I would react. I know I wouldn't be happy hearing Torn or One without the rest of Creed.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:44 PM   #37
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Not to mention that it's been YEARS since their respective break-ups. For a lot of fans, the Creed break-up remains too fresh. Plus, I was under the impression that they had a gentleman's agreed not to play the songs if they did indeed go their separate ways. If that was the case, then I don't think it's right for Stapp to perform them, legal or otherwise.

I won't like it, that's for sure. If I'm there, I'm not sure how I would react. I know I wouldn't be happy hearing Torn or One without the rest of Creed.
Word. And as far as a gentleman's agreement, I think that went out the window when Stapp appeared on CC in the condition he did. That was no gentleman, that IMO was a man out of control.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 12-10-2005, 11:55 PM   #38
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Word. And as far as a gentleman's agreement, I think that went out the window when Stapp appeared on CC in the condition he did. That was no gentleman, that IMO was a man out of control.
For real!
Old 12-10-2005, 11:57 PM   #39
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I won't like it, that's for sure. If I'm there, I'm not sure how I would react. I know I wouldn't be happy hearing Torn or One without the rest of Creed.

Yeah like I said will be interesting, I presume majority of people that would go to a Stapp concert would be previous Creed fans so the reactions are going to be interesting.

Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Word. And as far as a gentleman's agreement, I think that went out the window when Stapp appeared on CC in the condition he did. That was no gentleman, that IMO was a man out of control.

Agree, although I did find it quite funny
Old 12-11-2005, 12:03 AM   #40
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yes, there were a few parts that were humorous.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:43 AM   #41
Rocketqueen
USER INFO »
which parts Doggy
I Indeed Babtize you with water BUT ONE Mightier Than I Cometh The Latchet Of Whose Shoes I,am Not Worthy To Unloose He Shall Babtize You With The Holy Ghost And With FIREEEEEEEEEE John The Babtist You Never Count Your Money When YOUR Sittin At The Table There Will Be Time Enough To Count,em When The Dealings Done
Old 12-11-2005, 01:50 AM   #42
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Rocketqueen) which parts Doggy
Well, the part where Beth the hostess asked him about whether his bandmates were bitter about the breakup and what-not and a slobbering Scott leaned over and got in her face and said, are your ex-boyfriends bitter? They didn't ask the most original questions of him, lol.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:04 AM   #43
Muad'Dib
USER INFO »
Love when he throws chips at dealer and she gives them back to him
Old 12-11-2005, 02:13 AM   #44
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
And when he was trying to eat the chips, haha.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:15 AM   #45
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
I don't see a problem with Stapp singing Creed songs live...and I don't understand why he constantly has to imply that he wrote the music AND the lyrics which gives him the right to play them...I think everyone would accept that he wrote the lyrics, and that's plenty of reason to do them live...I remember when David Lee Roth left VH, and his mentality was that he wrote all the lyrics to those songs, so he had every right to perform them, just like Van Hagar would do DLR-era VH songs live...like Chase said, VR does STP songs and GNR songs, Audioslave does Soundgarden and RATM, Sting performs Police songs, Robert Plant performs Led Zeppelin songs, Lou Gramm performs Foreigner songs and the "new" Foreigner does "old" Foreigner, the "new Journey" does Perry-era stuff, etc...whatever agreement that Stapp and Mark had was probably more of a "gentleman's agreement", and it looks like Stapp changed his mind...no biggie...anyway, Mark doesn't do the Creed stuff because he doesn't want to, not necessarily because of some agreement that Stapp and he had...