++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-10-2005, 01:58 PM   #16
RMadd
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Well...he has legal rights about his those songs, and also Tremonti, but its not my point, I think now he has his own songs to perform on tour, AB also performs their own songs, not Creed or MF4 songs.
ahhh.... well.... you know

Old 12-10-2005, 03:06 PM   #17
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Robin101) What if he starts the gig with a Creed song.......will you walk out and come back in when he finishes, or leave completely?

I'll only walk out if he plays a classic like MOP or One. If he plays another Creed song...I won't walk out, but I will boo. I would hope, though, that he saves the Creed stuff for "encores" and doesn't start off with that stuff.

Quote: (Originally Posted by RMadd) well, in all fairness, he did write the lyrics and, if i'm not mistaken, all the tracks were published by Stapp/Tremonti (or Tremonti/Stapp... check your liner notes), so he does have every legal right to perform them, and every legal right to say they're his.

It's not a matter of legalities, as far as I'm concerned. It is rather a matter of respect. To me, it is disrespectful to Creed's legacy to go and perform those songs without 3/4 of the original band. That's just my opinion, though.

Quote: (Originally Posted by bobben) Well...MOP is maybe (together with WAWO) the most Scott Stapp-song than any of the other Creed songs!!! It's almost his early-years-bio written as a song...

I wouldn't have a problem with WAWO or even Lullaby....but MOP would really piss me off. That is my favorite Creed song and I can't stand the thought of him playing that song without Mark on guitar, or Scott on drums or Brian on bass. Especially with Goneblind, a band that can't even play "Higher" right.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-10-2005, 03:24 PM   #18
Robin101
USER INFO »
Stapp has said 6-8 Creed songs on tour. I think he'll definitely play WAWO and Higher - the rest I'm not sure about. I also have a feeling that he'll perform Signs (I read in an interview that's his favourite song live)

I expect that a majority of the remainder would consist of Weathered tracks.

And then
They went on to say
That the pearly gates
Had some eloquent graffiti
Like 'We'll meet again'
And 'Fuck the man'
And 'Tell my mother not to worry'
~ The Trapeze Swinger
Old 12-10-2005, 06:49 PM   #19
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
I should stop reading Stapp interviews... I like him less everytime... and that is saying something.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:57 PM   #20
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) I should stop reading Stapp interviews... I like him less everytime... and that is saying something.

You are not alone...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 12-10-2005, 07:02 PM   #21
Chase
USER INFO »
Stapp has every legal right to perform Creed songs. Like I've said in the past... Chris Cornell has performed Rage Against the Machine songs... as well as Soundgarden songs. Jerry Cantrell has also performed some Alice in Chains songs. If Kurt Cobain was still arond and Nirvana was no longer together... I would have no problem hearing him perform some old songs. It doesn't hurt me. If Stapp choses to play Creed songs... it's not going to make things even worse between him and Tremonti. I found it disrepectful for Mark and Flip to allow Stapp to continue touring despite the fact that his health was at stake. That's like leaving a starting pitcher in a game for 13 innings. A band is a team effort... and they should look out for each other. They were all selfish in one way or another. Whether you guys are willing to admit it or not. I love Alter Bridge and Scott Stapp's music equally... but I don't see why it's okay for guys like Scott Weiland and Chris Cornell to perform songs from their old bands... yet when Stapp wants to do it... he's being disrespectful to the entire world. I don't see the logic behind that double standard.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:09 PM   #22
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Stapp has every legal right to perform Creed songs. Like I've said in the past... Chris Cornell has performed Rage Against the Machine songs... as well as Soundgarden songs. Jerry Cantrell has also performed some Alice in Chains songs. If Kurt Cobain was still arond and Nirvana was no longer together... I would have no problem hearing him perform some old songs. It doesn't hurt me. If Stapp choses to play Creed songs... it's not going to make things even worse between him and Tremonti. I found it disrepectful for Mark and Flip to allow Stapp to continue touring despite the fact that his health was at stake. That's like leaving a starting pitcher in a game for 13 innings. A band is a team effort... and they should look out for each other. They were all selfish in one way or another. Whether you guys are willing to admit it or not. I love Alter Bridge and Scott Stapp's music equally... but I don't see why it's okay for guys like Scott Weiland and Chris Cornell to perform songs from their old bands... yet when Stapp wants to do it... he's being disrespectful to the entire world. I don't see the logic behind that double standard.

why is he going to perform Creed songs? Is this a more easy way to come back to hit parade? I mean geting success? He has a cd , so he has to promote this, he needs to look in another direction, showing his talent...
Go ahead Stapp...Creed is over...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 12-10-2005, 07:16 PM   #23
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) why is he going to perform Creed songs? Is this a more easy way to come back to hit parade? I mean geting success? He has a cd , so he has to promote this, he needs to look in another direction, showing his talent...
Go ahead Stapp...Creed is over...

Why is Cornell performing Rage Against the Machine songs? Why is Weiland performing Stone Temple Pilots songs? They feel like it... a lot of people enjoyed those songs. They have the right to perform those songs. What is Stapp going to do? Headline a concert and play 10 songs in like 45 minutes?
Old 12-10-2005, 07:18 PM   #24
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Why is Cornell performing Rage Against the Machine songs? Why is Weiland performing Stone Temple Pilots songs? They feel like it... a lot of people enjoyed those songs. They have the right to perform those songs. What is Stapp going to do? Headline a concert and play 10 songs in like 45 minutes?

You see AB playing Creed songs?
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 12-10-2005, 07:22 PM   #25
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) You see AB playing Creed songs?

Why is Cornell allowed to play Rage Against the Machine songs? Is that fair to Zach de la Rocha fans? Is Weiland being fair to STP fans?
Old 12-10-2005, 07:26 PM   #26
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Why is Cornell allowed to play Rage Against the Machine songs? Is that fair to Zach de la Rocha fans? Is Weiland being fair to STP fans?

I cant see you answering my question....
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 12-10-2005, 07:29 PM   #27
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) I cant see you answering my question....

Nor can I see you answering mine. No Alter Bridge hasn't played any Creed songs... but then again... they've also put more songs on One Day Remains. You answer my question. Is it fair to Rage Against the Machine fans that Cornell performs "Killing in the Name Of?"
Old 12-10-2005, 07:38 PM   #28
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) Nor can I see you answering mine. No Alter Bridge hasn't played any Creed songs... but then again... they've also put more songs on One Day Remains. You answer my question. Is it fair to Rage Against the Machine fans that Cornell performs "Killing in the Name Of?"

Lol...I was waiting for that...lol Well, you know that the guys made an agreement that was for avoid playing Creed songs...and seems Stapp forgot that...but okay I can understand if he plays WAWO and Lullaby...

Im not sure about RATM and Cornell but seems they didnt do an agreement or something...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )

Old 12-10-2005, 07:43 PM   #29
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) Lol...I was waiting for that...lol Well, you know that the guys made an agreement that was for avoid playing Creed songs...and seems Stapp forgot that...but okay I can understand if he plays WAWO and Lullaby...

Im not sure about RATM and Cornell but seems they didnt do an agreement or something...

According to Stapp, the agreement was to NOT play Creed songs if Tremonti or Stapp died. I don't know if that's true or not. There's no legal, written agreement here. Shaking hands on something is completely different that a signed, written contract. You're making it sound like Stapp and Tremonti are bound by their blood or something. It's the same for Cornell and Weiland. Do YOU, Ana... find it appropriate for Chris Cornell to perform songs from Rage Against the Machine?
Old 12-10-2005, 07:51 PM   #30
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) According to Stapp, the agreement was to NOT play Creed songs if Tremonti or Stapp died. I don't know if that's true or not. There's no legal, written agreement here. Shaking hands on something is completely different that a signed, written contract. You're making it sound like Stapp and Tremonti are bound by their blood or something. It's the same for Cornell and Weiland. Do YOU, Ana... find it appropriate for Chris Cornell to perform songs from Rage Against the Machine?

Well..Ill .go in parts

First...No I dont think its cool that Cornell performs RATM songs

Second...okay they didnt do an legal agreement..its true...but so are u saying to me that is right to give one's word and after that forgot this? Just because it wasnt written in a contract? Its disappointing, Chase...
Look at the stars

"I know a girl (Gio )