++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 06-26-2005, 01:56 PM   #16
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Before all of this... I thought Stapp fans ewre crazy but heck, it is their opinion. Anyone who still respects the guy after this is just a moron. Plain and simple. I hope I'm not breaking any board rules by saying that cuz it is friggin true. Alright, you like his voice, and you like his preachy crappy lyrics.

Fine. But the guy has used and abused his friends, just to stay in the spotlight. Oh yeah, he's a GREAT Christian. Maybe he should go listen to some of his own lyrics.

Also, anyone who says that this is all a lie and a conspiracy is also crazy. There is simply too much evidence to claim it is all lies.

This is the msot disheartening news I have heard in a while. I mean, I have never liekd Stapp but even I didn't think he was quite this much of a jerkov. Also, for Goneblind... You have compeltely lost any chance of becoming a popular band, PERIOD. Tremonti did just about everything he could for you and you spurn him like this? If a band with as cruddy of morals and loyalty as that can get big (which heck, in this world is possible), I will go jump off a bridge.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:01 PM   #17
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
ditto.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:00 PM   #18
shiver
USER INFO »
You know I never had a problem with with stapp doing Creed songs, because he was the voice of Creed, but if AB was doin them I would not like that. Since there was an agreement made though, it sucks. The more that comes out, the more stapp looks bad.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:06 PM   #19
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
if he was singing them a capella, it would be ok.

But since he got a pawn shop band to back him up, it isn't.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:25 PM   #20
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by shiver) You know I never had a problem with with stapp doing Creed songs, because he was the voice of Creed, but if AB was doin them I would not like that. Since there was an agreement made though, it sucks. The more that comes out, the more stapp looks bad.

He might have been the voice, but the entirety of the instrumental parts were written by OTHER people, so yeah, if he wants to do a solo job (like to see him try and strum some chords, lol!) fine. But even without the agreement this is ridiculous, much less with it.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:30 PM   #21
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) But since he got a pawn shop band to back him up, it isn't.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:48 PM   #22
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Stapp needs to get it: Creed is over!!! It's tottally absurd puts the Creed word after his signature in the end of a letter. It doenst make any sense???NO!!

What this guy really needs to do is a simple thing: just sing his own songs, not Creed songs.Period.

By the way, "singing his own songs" part, of course means somewhat, ONLY IF HE RELEASES HIS CD SOMEDAY!!!!!

Look, I'm still his fan, but I cant stand his recent attitudes or maybe... the lack of them...
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 06-27-2005, 10:10 AM   #23
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
mostly the lack of them...
Old 06-27-2005, 02:01 PM   #24
Chase
USER INFO »
You know what? It seems that since day 1 of the Creed breakup, Mark has been talking shit on Stapp. Whether it was to ordinary Creed fans or to the media. Mark is not a saint and he is guilty of also adding fuel to the fire. Yes, Stapp and Gone Blind do need to explain themselves to Mark... however, I don't entirely blame Stapp for performing these songs. Stapp did the perfect thing to get back at Mark for all the shit talking he did. It makes sense. I think both of them are acting like immature rock stars. I don't believe that Stapp is as bad as Mark makes him out to be and likewise, I don't believe that it was right for Stapp to play Creed songs with Gone Blind.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:40 PM   #25
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Chase,

And what are your thoughts on the all shit talking Stapp did to Mark, Brian and Flip ?

It's easy to point biased fingers.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:44 PM   #26
titan9
USER INFO »
Yes, but I don't think Stapp is carrying himself very well. If he wanted to show that he's the bigger man, that he has really changed, that he has matured, then he would have kept to the agreement and continued to say nothing but nice things about Flip, Mark and Brian. Scott says that he's been through a lot. I believe that and I feel bad for him about that. He says that he has refound his faith. I'm extremely happy to hear that, as a fellow Christian. He says that he has matured, but when he breaks an agreement like this, I can't believe that. I can't believe he's changed that much if he does this to Mark. If Mark said, "you know what. It's alright if you play Creed songs during your solo career," then I could completely understand Stapp deciding to perform those songs on tour. But what gets me is that he broke an agreement with Mark and, not only that, is being disrespectful to the rest of the members of Creed by doing the songs on tour.

Scott has carried himself extremely well in interviews, saying nothing but good things about his former bandmates. But by continuing on with his plan to perform Creed songs on tour despite Mark's protest and despite the agreement, he's carrying himself badly and it is a negative to his solo career. If Scott has enough solo songs written and completed, he needs to do those during his live show and he needs to win over new fans with his new songs. If Scott and Mark did not make that agreement, I would say that doing a Creed cover a show is fine, but because of the agreement, I can't say that.

EDIT:I was replying to Chase's post, not Marcos. I don't want any confusion over that, lol.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 06-27-2005, 02:50 PM   #27
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Ditto, Titan!

Also, no one is "saint", but even though I'm still a Stapp fan, this guy is disapointing me a lot. And that is not about what Tremonti said, or Goneblind did, or Wind Up isnt doing, but is concerning WHAT Stapp is DOING.
He's the only one person responsible for it.
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too

Last edited by Ana4Stapp : 06-27-2005 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:12 PM   #28
Chase
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) Chase,

And what are your thoughts on the all shit talking Stapp did to Mark, Brian and Flip ?

It's easy to point biased fingers.

And what about Brian Marshall talking shit on Eddie Vedder? I don't point any biased fingers? Accusing each of them of being guilty of the demise of Creed is not a biased opinion. The one who is probably least guilty of anything is Flip. You and I both know that 3/4 of Alter Bridge have been talking shit on Scott Stapp. It's documented fact. None of us were there during the falling out of Creed. It's also documented that Stapp had health problems. Stapp didn't handle himself professionally while his health was failing on the last Creed tour... but he did have problems. The rest of Creed knew that. They bailed on Stapp and started Alter Bridge. I hate to admit it, but Stapp has had a more positive impact on Tremonti, Marshall, and Flip... in terms of popularity and record sales than Myles Kennedy has had (thus far). I've said this before, I love Alter Bridge and Scott Stapp equally. However, Stapp is such an easy guy to crucify. He's had his problems. Yet, who hasn't had problems? But how is Mark Tremonti's rants about the evils of Scott Stapp make things better or make him look like the victim in Creed? It does quite the opposite. He's the one who left Stapp and he doesn't have to ever associate himself with Stapp again. Stapp gave Mark all sorts of praise in all of the post Creed interviews I've seen him conduct. So now he's sticking up for himself by playing Creed songs and breaking the "sacred" agreement that the two men had. I'm just telling it like it is... and I see two men who have brought this conflict to its boiling point... TOGETHER.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:21 AM   #29
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
It does take two to tango. I wouldn't say Stapp is the only one at fault here. But to me, it speaks volumes when Mark and Flip and Brian get together to create music without Stapp. It may be that Stapp lost interest in Creed. Who knows? Stapp may have wanted to go one way and Mark and the guys in a different way. If Stapp's album ever does come out, I wonder how silent he will be when the press keeps asking him questions about his old band. It's bound to come up. So far, he's been complimentary. The thing about supposedly breaking the agreement regarding the playing of Creed songs, though, is disheartening.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:18 PM   #30
titan9
USER INFO »
Yeah, I agree with you, Dogstar. It will be interesting to hear how Scott responds to the constant questions about Creed and what caused the break-up when his CD is out. Even though both sides have sorta answered the break-up question, you know how the media is and you know they want dirt. They want Scott to say something bad about Mark, Brian or Flip and they want to see a controversy come out of that. I just hope Scott decides to take the high road with that and doesn't bad mouth the guys.

I also agree about the agreement. It's really sad that Scott has broken that agreement with Mark. Scott was carrying himself really well since the break-up, but then he went and did this. Even if he did it to "get back at Mark" it was still wrong, in my opinion, and it paints Scott in a bad light.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!