++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-24-2003, 05:04 AM   #136
hayley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Yeah, Bec, this place doesnt feel the same at the moment.

And you are right, this is everyones home here, no one should be feeling upset and sad and down.

But let's all try to lift our heads
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 04-24-2003, 07:05 AM   #137
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by souldancer
<b>From the concert reports I read, it did sound like an "off night" to me....unfortunate for the fans, but in the whole realm of what the band has given to the fans through all these years - it is simply one bad incident. &nbsp;I still (and sorry to repeat this) simply do not understand the unforgiving, overreactive nature of some people to this single concert. And saying it was 'intentional' on Scott;s part. &nbsp;Sure, no one forced him, but as a human being who has occasionally had emotionally rough times and has got caught up into too much fermented grape juice, I feel for Scott. Their lyrics speak to their humility, their humble nature the unforgiveness of the world and the pain and suffering...if there was ever a band that GAVE SO MUCH and SPOKE TO PEACE, GOODNESS and TRUTH it is CREED! &nbsp;While I respect and thank them I sadly watch others hang them for their words and what they stand for. &nbsp;What a cruel and funny world. </b>

souldancer, you wrote so beautifully what I've been thinking and feeling since we heard about this. Thank you.

Relearn Love
Old 04-24-2003, 07:32 AM   #138
hotforscott
USER INFO »
Souldancer, you are awesome. I couldn't have said it any better.

Bec and Teri, you are right. As I said before, a Chicago thread pops up and these people are coming out of the woodwork. It's making me angry as well.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:24 PM   #139
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
"we are one, we are strong
the more you hold us down, the more we press on"

gotta love that lines!
Old 04-24-2003, 12:47 PM   #140
hotforscott
USER INFO »
You said it Marcos!
Old 04-24-2003, 12:55 PM   #141
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Old 04-24-2003, 02:50 PM   #142
robaustin1701
USER INFO »
>>>I sadly watch others hang them for their words and what they stand for.<<<

And I sadly stand and watch as people who call themselves fans of the band do not want for those people in Chicago an awesome Creed show like so many many others saw. Instead they stand by and say "Sorry, get over it." Instead they make excuses for Scott's behavior, and do not hold him accountable for it. That fans of Creed cannot ge past their emotional connection with the band to see the truth of the situation.

That makes me sad.

--*Rob
Old 04-24-2003, 02:53 PM   #143
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Hey, no one is making you stay here
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 04-24-2003, 02:56 PM   #144
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
We'd hate for you to stick around and accept the ridicule and leave and four months later, before it gets cold, sue us for your time and punitive damages.
Old 04-24-2003, 02:59 PM   #145
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by crest tattoo
We'd hate for you to stick around and accept the ridicule and leave and four months later, before it gets cold, sue us for your time and punitive damages.
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 04-24-2003, 03:09 PM   #146
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: Originally posted by robaustin1701
<b>>>>I sadly watch others hang them for their words and what they stand for.<<<

And I sadly stand and watch as people who call themselves fans of the band do not want for those people in Chicago an awesome Creed show like so many many others saw. Instead they stand by and say "Sorry, get over it." &nbsp;Instead they make excuses for Scott's behavior, and do not hold him accountable for it. &nbsp;That fans of Creed cannot ge past their emotional connection with the band to see the truth of the situation.

That makes me sad.

--*Rob </b>

God, you are thick in the head. You don't get it. No one wants the Chicago fans to be denied an awesome Creed show. All we're saying is we, well, I can't speak for everyone, but what I'm saying is I think the lawsuit is silly. It's a freakin concert, for crying out loud. This is not a crisis of world proportions. It's not worth bringing back all that unhappiness and bitterness just to get your 55 bucks back. We are sometimes disappointed in life. It happens. And yes, people should move on from those disappointments. I wish these people who are suing Creed would give the world's real issues the attention and effort they are giving this ridiculous lawsuit.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:10 PM   #147
robaustin1701
USER INFO »
Nope. I choose to be here of my own volition. I quite enjoy a good debate.

--*Rob
Old 04-24-2003, 03:13 PM   #148
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Very well said Dogstar There are a lot more important things to worry about in this world. Like the school shooting I heard about that just happened this morning in Pa Now that would be considered a crisis
alone
All I know
on my own

Old 04-24-2003, 03:16 PM   #149
crest tattoo
USER INFO »
A good debate holds two parties that know when one has lost and must be on their way. And then that party says, "Thanks for listening. I'm on my way..." So Happy Trails Rob. See ya in Chicago at the next concert, right?

And by the way, Creed will not show up in court. It will be settled out of court, by attorneys. Which for me the only reason that sucks, is that I miss my chance to see them again.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:16 PM   #150
robaustin1701
USER INFO »
>>>God, you are thick in the head. You don't get it. No one wants the Chicago fans to be denied an awesome Creed show.<<<

But they were. They WERE!

>>All we're saying is we, well, I can't speak for everyone, but what I'm saying is I think the lawsuit is silly. It's a freakin concert, for crying out loud. This is not a crisis of world proportions. It's not worth bringing back all that unhappiness and bitterness just to get your 55 bucks back. We are sometimes disappointed in life. It happens. And yes, people should move on from those disappointments. I wish these people who are suing Creed would give the world's real issues the attention and effort they are giving this ridiculous lawsuit. <<

You think that just because it's "just a concert" they should move on. Maybe, just maybe, they are standing up for what they believe in. Which is EXACTLY what you can do in this country. They believe they were gypped. They're standing up to get their money back.

I understand what you're saying - "pick your battles wisely" - and you think it wasn't a wise battle. But for them - they felt it was. It wasn't just the money - it was the principle that a band that endeared themselves so much to these people - could wantonly put on such a low quality show- and get away with it with barely an apology.

I can't wait to see how this plays out.

--*Rob