++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-27-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
nagpo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Full Circle is...

One years old today. How does this make you feel? Any reflections or thoughts on the album over the year of listening to it?

Personally, I felt it was a good album. I think it was better than weathered.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:14 PM   #2
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »
Re: Full Circle is...

I like weathered better,but I think full circle was better from start to finish. I like the new sound, but I'm looking forward to that new song whenever it come out. Human Clay is my favorite.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:16 PM   #3
My Sacrifice
USER INFO »

I just love the fact that we have new music. I didn't think we would ever have anything new.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:50 PM   #4
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by My Sacrifice) I just love the fact that we have new music. I didn't think we would ever have anything new.
indeed life is like box of chocolates ya never know what your going to get my friend,
Old 10-28-2010, 02:22 AM   #5
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by My Sacrifice) I just love the fact that we have new music. I didn't think we would ever have anything new.

Same here. I was on this board for so long, looking for even the smallest chance of something new to come out by Creed. Just a single song would have satisfied me. I remember that whenever I brought up the prospect of a reunion people would tell me it was never gonna happen.

But I'm just so glad it did. Some people question the new sound. Some people doubt the success of the reunion....but you know, I've never disliked a song by these guys. Whether its with AB or solo. Allthough it would be nice to see Creed the biggest band in the world again, but it's not necessary for me. I can still enjoy their music.

About Full Circle, there was probably only one song that I felt was not that great. And that would be Good Fight. Tremonti has the same thoughts on the song. But everything else rocked.

I like the new sound, it's a step away from the classic Creed sound and more towards just what modern rock sounds like these days, but it's still good.

I would still like to see them release a b-side EP or just the besides in anyway. Because i know they're just sitting on them somewhere. I know that atleast one b-side exists. I hope with that acoustic album stapp talked about contains some of these.

I would also like to see at some point in their careers, a collectors box set. The ultimate collectors box set, consisting of all their songs, albums, live show, interviews...you know, stuff like that.

I also question how long Wind-Up records will be around to support these guys, from what I hear they are in financial trouble. Apparently Evanescences new album has been put on hiatus because Wind-up can't afford to release it right now.

I also wonder how many more records we'll get. Sorry for the long post, just a lot of thoughts.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:44 AM   #6
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

I would like to hear the classic Creed sound return on the next album... I love FC don't get me wrong but I think it's going to be tough to juggle the new sound with Alter Bridge. Also I'm begging for A Kurzweg/Kelsey reunion on Creed V

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:46 AM   #7
nagpo
USER INFO »

I'd like to see that to
Old 10-28-2010, 07:55 AM   #8
RangerJim
USER INFO »

Happy Birthday Full Circle! Superb album and looking forward to the next one whether or not John Kurzweg is involved. I hope they evolve into a more acoustic band...we shall see.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:30 AM   #9
VJ Raven
USER INFO »

My thoughts exactly!!! I never thought we'd see any new music from Creed, let alone a reunion and possibly more new music in the future.

I was very happy to see my favorite band of all time back together and a new album!!

I just hope things continue on this trend of new music, a tour now and then and seeing the guys back to being civil if not friends with each other. *crossing fingers*

We creative types have to create in order to feel ALIVE... That's why I write. Without my writing, I would not be living, only existing.
~Me~

Music is vital to life, as vital as breathing.
~Me~

Old 10-28-2010, 11:59 AM   #10
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »

Can't believe its been a year already, hopefully in another three we get can get a really good album. DK i mentioned that to steve about a month ago instead of benson. Personally I would like a MOP vibe to the next album but one can only hope.
I swear I still believe though I don't know - Words Darker Then Their Wings
Old 10-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #11
Chris98GT
USER INFO »

I was really into the record for a few weeks, then my interest just faded away, especially after seeing them for the first time in almost 7 years on 8/30/09. Stapp can no longer sing in a live setting (anyone who saw them live 10+ years ago will completely agree with this). Sure, some of the old stuff is still OK, but it just doesn't feel the same anymore.

I can only hope Stapp does his own thing and Creed goes away permanently. But, like anything else in the entertainment world, they won't if there's money to be made. The idea of a 5th album simply makes me roll my eyes at this point.

100% of their efforts should be focused on AB, in my opinion. It feels like they've started a slippery slope with this reunion. Now Myles is off touring with Slash. Thankfully, he's still loyal to AB and turned down the Velvet Revolver gig, but still.. it worries me.. if they ever lost Myles because they started playing nice again with a guy who can't even sing anymore all in the name of $$$$$$, I would be pissed!
Old 10-28-2010, 01:55 PM   #12
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) I was really into the record for a few weeks, then my interest just faded away, especially after seeing them for the first time in almost 7 years on 8/30/09. Stapp can no longer sing in a live setting (anyone who saw them live 10+ years ago will completely agree with this). Sure, some of the old stuff is still OK, but it just doesn't feel the same anymore.

Same for me. I like the record, it's just not as "entertaining" to me as the older Creed stuff. And while I didn't catch a Creed show on the last tour, nothing will ever compare to Stapp back in 1998 and 1999.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 10-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #13
RangerJim
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Chris98GT) 100% of their efforts should be focused on AB, in my opinion. It feels like they've started a slippery slope with this reunion. Now Myles is off touring with Slash. Thankfully, he's still loyal to AB

You really contridicted yourself there. Myles is still loyal even if he's touring with another Artist? Even if the guys had not done a reunion with Creed, Myles would surely be singing for Slash. If you want Alter Bridge to be the bigger & "better" band, wouldn't you want Myles to go out and sing for someone whom can actually garner new fans?...because let's face it, AB has troubles picking up new fans. They have a loyal fanbase but there still relatively unknown in North America. So if Myles could go out and attract attention and bring it back to AB then hey that probably suits them fine. Plus the guys wouldn't have done Creed if they didn't want to. Wind-Up is strapped for money and probablyknew before hand that they wouldn't be able to promote Full Circle very well. Sure money was involved but that's what happens with a monetary system. If AB doesn't go anywhere after AB III, then maybe Myles should part ways because he seems to garner the most attention with his vocals. I've always said they should choose one band or the other because of all these complications but Creed had a different aura about them, spiritual without being preachy musically and lyrically speaking. Full Circle had Mark's wicked 12 string acoustic intro's verses and bridge's, which are the highlights of the album. There's something about Myles, he's getting to become more mainstream moreso than Scott Stapp nowadays but I digress.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:04 PM   #14
maccamer
USER INFO »

Oh, yeah. I have listened to this album countless times. Love it. I don't agree with most about "Good Fight". That is one of my favorites. It has the poetic lyrics and power in the "Fight the good fight" part that reminds me of "What if". The song just needed some more work and it could have been epic.

The whole album could have had the Overcome polish if they would have had more time. I think it turned out great considering.

Oh, and for those who doubt Scott and his vocals like I have myself in the past.....He can sing. Download the bootleg concert floating around that Creed did last summer. Listen to Faceless man. He can sing like he used to, he just doesn't. He reserves a lot of what he can do probably just to make it through tours and not lose the voice after one show. He just can keep the raspy growl yell that he did for all songs in the past going very long. It probably is painful and probably part of the reason he didn't want Creed to continue in 2002. He started losing his ability to sing/yell even then. Those who saw shows from that era know what I am talking about. He had to have anti inflammatory shots in the neck to be able to sing/yell like that.

Full Circle....Damn good album. Looking forward to Creed V with or without new sound. It's all good!
Old 10-28-2010, 02:06 PM   #15
RangerJim
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by maccamer) Oh, yeah. I have listened to this album countless times. Love it. I don't agree with most about "Good Fight". That is one of my favorites. It has the poetic lyrics and power in the "Fight the good fight" part that reminds me of "What if". The song just needed some more work and it could have been epic.

The whole album could have had the Overcome polish if they would have had more time. I think it turned out great considering.

Oh, and for those who doubt Scott and his vocals like I have myself in the past.....He can sing. Download the bootleg concert floating around that Creed did last summer. Listen to Faceless man. He can sing like he used to, he just doesn't. He reserves a lot of what he can do probably just to make it through tours and not lose the voice after one show. He just can keep the raspy growl yell that he did for all songs in the past going very long. It probably is painful and probably part of the reason he didn't want Creed to continue in 2002. He started losing his ability to sing/yell even then. Those who saw shows from that era know what I am talking about. He had to have anti inflammatory shots in the neck to be able to sing/yell like that.

Full Circle....Damn good album. Looking forward to Creed V with or without new sound. It's all good!

Well said mccamer.