++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 06-12-2005, 07:19 PM   #1
theironhorse
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Sd#237

Sunday Dispatch #237

It Ain't Cool
http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=8287
Old 06-12-2005, 08:58 PM   #2
no_fixd_address
USER INFO »
Quote: For some reason, an entire Hollywood-media culture doesn't consider that a cool message. Pro-choicers could easily argue that Love With the Proper Stranger is really an argument for safe, legal abortions. But they must also know that the life-affirming charm of the movie itself would sweep such wishy-washy talk away in a flash. The culture of death now means a major part of the life of two Hollywood legends never occurred. Somehow, that seems a bigger crime than book-burning.

it ain't cool. Hollywood tempts me to wonder if it is but one of many puppet strings controlled by secret societies. Conspiracies within conspiracies so woven and hidden they will never be exposed. But you have to dominate the media industry. Geobbles knew that. Heil Hilter

Luther and Hitler Propaganda
http://www.catholicculture.org/docs/...fm?recnum=1145

Martin Luther, Hitler’s spiritual ancestor
http://www.tentmaker.org/books/Marti...lAncestor.html

February 17, 2005

HOLLYWOOD NEEDS AN EXORCISM

Catholic League president William Donohue commented today on the new Warner Brothers film, “Constantine,” which opens tomorrow:

“Those who like Marilyn Manson and professional wrestling should be drawn to ‘Constantine.’ The movie is not only spiritual junk food for religious illiterates, it’s another example of the way Hollywood rips off Catholicism.

“The plot centers on a chain-smoking, bummed out, demon-hunting detective who’s been to hell and back. Constantine’s pursuit of demons is not, however, altruistically driven: because he once tried to kill himself, he thinks he’s doomed to go to hell unless he can earn enough chips to get into heaven. Lucky for him, he becomes adept at performing exorcisms. Along the way he meets a policewoman who’s determined to prove that her deceased Catholic sister didn’t commit suicide, and thus can be given a Christian burial. And, of course, he meets a priest, who just happens to be an Irish drunk.

“We hate to spoil the party, but the Catholic Church does not teach that everyone who commits suicide is destined to go to hell. Nor does it teach that those who do so must be denied a Christian burial. (It did at one time, on the grounds that suicide violated the Fifth Commandment.)

“So what does this tell us about Hollywood? First, the fact that the producers of this trash literally tried to induce evangelical Protestants to market this movie for them tells us volumes about the way these guys view Christians. Also telling is the answer that Francis Lawrence, the director, gave to the question of his own faith: ‘I’m a skeptic, myself. For all I know, you die and rot in a box and that’s it.’ Either that or you rot someplace else.

“It looks like Hollywood could use an exorcism of its own. Maybe they can find a sober Irish priest willing to do it.”
“There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church, which is, of course, quite a different thing.”

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Last edited by no_fixd_address : 06-12-2005 at 09:05 PM.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:10 PM   #3
no_fixd_address
USER INFO »
U.n. Population Chief Lectures Vatican

April 11, 2005

Thoraya Obaid, the head of the U.N. Population Fund, admonished the Vatican today to change its teachings on condoms. Speaking of the need for the Catholic Church to endorse condom use, she said, “We are hoping the new pope will take this message further, because it makes no sense sending people to their death.” She urged the Church to adopt a “morally correct decision” on how to stop HIV.

Catholic League president William Donohue spoke to this issue today:

“Is there anyone on the planet who doesn’t know about the alleged wonders of condoms? Yet, it is indisputably true that as condom use has increased, so have sexually transmitted diseases (STD’s). This is not to say that condom use causes STD’s, but it is to say that condom use has not prevented the explosion in STD’s. And this is because the same culture that prizes sexual license—in all its expressions—is morally incapable of sending a message of restraint.

“If Thoraya Obaid is truly concerned about HIV in Africa, she should get the U.N. to endorse the teachings of the Catholic Church on matters sexual. That is because the only real success story on that continent is Uganda, a nation that has tailored its anti-HIV strategy to the wisdom of Catholic sexual ethics. According to Edward C. Green, a professor at the Harvard School of Public Health, ‘basic behavioral changes in Uganda of 1987-95 have kept HIV prevalence declining up until now.’ The reason why the progress that has been made is now in jeopardy has more to do with dropping the emphasis on abstinence, he says, in exchange for a more condom-centered approach.

“Obaid is not only wrong on the issue, she is wrong on the cause of deaths due to AIDS. It is near impossible for anyone to die of AIDS (save for a blood transfusion) who follows the teachings of the Catholic Church on sexuality. It is not the Catholic Church that is causing Africans to die—or is responsible for a new strain of HIV among homosexuals in New York City—it is behavioral recklessness.”

http://www.catholicleague.org/news.htm
“There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church, which is, of course, quite a different thing.”

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen
Old 06-12-2005, 11:06 PM   #4
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by no_fixd_address) it ain't cool. Hollywood tempts me to wonder if it is but one of many puppet strings controlled by secret societies. Conspiracies within conspiracies so woven and hidden they will never be exposed. But you have to dominate the media industry. Geobbles knew that. Heil Hilter

Luther and Hitler Propaganda
http://www.catholicculture.org/docs/...fm?recnum=1145

Martin Luther, Hitler’s spiritual ancestor
http://www.tentmaker.org/books/Marti...lAncestor.html

February 17, 2005

HOLLYWOOD NEEDS AN EXORCISM

Catholic League president William Donohue commented today on the new Warner Brothers film, “Constantine,” which opens tomorrow:

“Those who like Marilyn Manson and professional wrestling should be drawn to ‘Constantine.’ The movie is not only spiritual junk food for religious illiterates, it’s another example of the way Hollywood rips off Catholicism.

“The plot centers on a chain-smoking, bummed out, demon-hunting detective who’s been to hell and back. Constantine’s pursuit of demons is not, however, altruistically driven: because he once tried to kill himself, he thinks he’s doomed to go to hell unless he can earn enough chips to get into heaven. Lucky for him, he becomes adept at performing exorcisms. Along the way he meets a policewoman who’s determined to prove that her deceased Catholic sister didn’t commit suicide, and thus can be given a Christian burial. And, of course, he meets a priest, who just happens to be an Irish drunk.

“We hate to spoil the party, but the Catholic Church does not teach that everyone who commits suicide is destined to go to hell. Nor does it teach that those who do so must be denied a Christian burial. (It did at one time, on the grounds that suicide violated the Fifth Commandment.)

“So what does this tell us about Hollywood? First, the fact that the producers of this trash literally tried to induce evangelical Protestants to market this movie for them tells us volumes about the way these guys view Christians. Also telling is the answer that Francis Lawrence, the director, gave to the question of his own faith: ‘I’m a skeptic, myself. For all I know, you die and rot in a box and that’s it.’ Either that or you rot someplace else.

“It looks like Hollywood could use an exorcism of its own. Maybe they can find a sober Irish priest willing to do it.”
If its anything to do with hell or horror in hollywood Haaaaaaaaaaaaa some where they always bring up the catholic church, or there is a priest or nun HAAAAAAAAAAAAA its all good
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-13-2005, 08:01 PM   #5
theironhorse
USER INFO »
Steve McQueen died with a Bible on his chest opened to the John 3:16.

I read a bio on his life and how he reached that point in his journey.

Tell me there's a logic out there.

Leading me to better prepare for the day that something really special might come.

Tell me there's some hope for me.

I don't wanna be lonely for the rest of my days on the earth.

~Weezer / from the album Make Believe

Last edited by theironhorse : 06-13-2005 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:17 PM   #6
creedsister
USER INFO »
i was not aware of that
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-14-2005, 09:05 PM   #7
no_fixd_address
USER INFO »
Quote: Steve McQueen died with a Bible on his chest opened to the John 3:16.

I read a bio on his life and how he reached that point in his journey.
Thanks ironhorse, for the refreshing contrast. There are many great and generous Christian actors in Hollywood. But the show must go on...

May 25, 2005

"MOTHER F—KING TERESA"

COURTESY OF VIACOM

Catholic League president William Donohue wrote the following today:

“In the 12 years that I have been president of the Catholic League, I have never witnessed a more vicious attack on Catholicism than what appeared this week on the Showtime program, ‘Penn and Teller.’ The episode, ‘Holier Than Thou,’ was a frontal assault on Mother Teresa and her order of nuns, Missionaries of Charity (as well as Gandhi and the Dali Lama).

“Like most Americans, I like parodies and have no problem, per se, with irreverent humor. But when humor becomes insult, that is a different story. And that is what happens here: comedy quickly morphs to vitriol. Indeed, as the show progresses, the level of anger becomes palpable and the degree of distortion becomes mindboggling. This is no comedy—it is Nazi propaganda right out of the Leni Riefenstahl school of filmmaking.

“The Mother Teresa that the world has come to love and revere is made to look like a cruel, exploitative, self-serving nun who ripped off the poor. We are told that Mother Teresa intentionally let the poor suffer, providing neither beds nor bathroom facilities. ‘She had the f—king coin and pissed it away on nunneries,’ says Penn. As for the nuns who worked with Mother Teresa, they are referred to as ‘f—king c—ts.’

“It does not bother me when they call me ‘Catholic Boy’ on the show (though the term ‘Jew Boy’ would never cross their lips), nor does it concern me when they talk about ‘f—kers like Bill Donohue [who] only see good in her.’ But when they mock the Catholic Church’s teaching on the meaning of suffering, and when they say of the poor that ‘They had to suffer so that Mother F—king Teresa could be enlightened,’ then they are behaving like monsters.

“We will mail a tape of select portions of this broadcast to many interested parties, including the bishops. And we will hold a press conference tomorrow outside the hotel where Viacom is holding its annual stockholders meeting. They haven’t heard the end of this yet.”
The Catholic League is the nation's largest Catholic civil rights organization. It defends individual Catholics and the institutional Church from defamation and discrimination.
http://www.catholicleague.org/
no_fixed final note: Does history repeat itself? There have been more martyrs in the last 20 years than in all of the last 2000 years, both Catholic and Protestant. I think the anti-Christ is here now. His name is the Dictator of Moral Relativism.

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen
Old 06-16-2005, 01:49 AM   #8
justin-time
USER INFO »
Old 06-16-2005, 03:26 PM   #9
creedsister
USER INFO »
amen justin _Time