++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 06-12-2005, 04:07 PM   #16
creedsister
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by no_fixd_address) James White would not get past question 2. But he has several books arguing the questions. He is a sola scripturist, but is still looking for a verse that explicitly says the bible is self explanatory.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, Poor dude If he looking for one like that i think about the best one That desribes the bible as self Explantory Would Be St John ch.1 In The Beginning Was The Word And The World Was With God And The World Was God The Same Was In The Beginning With God ..All Things Were Made By Him And Without Was Not Anything Made In Him Was LIFE And The Life Was The Light Of Men And The Light Shineth In Darkness And The Darkness Comprehended it Not,
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-12-2005, 07:01 PM   #17
justin-time
USER INFO »
Quote: defeated?... no just tried of people ignoring the things I put forth, I tired of reading the same quotes from J P II and hearing the same arguments for a god (I have heard them all before) and I offer up the slightest piece of evidence that might disprove it and I get either ignored or the subject is changed (like apologists do). just tired of the bull shit... and yes I do know that You and Uncertain will claim victory by my leaving in typical Christian fashion (see Christian debating 101) but it doesn’t matter you guys can fool yourselves you've been doing it for years, if you can live with that fine by me.

What a shame. I am not sure what you are really looking for. Do you want to make friends, or prove you are right? The latter I think.
Do you like to debate for the sport of debate? I would say yes.
Are you on a private crusade to rid the world of hypocracy? Naturally.
Are you just trying to discredit Christiantiy to justify not having to amend your life, your heart, your relationships with others? A rhetorical question.
Do you have any friends other than us? I don't know.
I am sure you have learned how to push all the buttons to aggravate others into performing for you. Your quite good at it. You get the desired results very well.
It must get very lonely when you are by yourself and have no one but us to talk to.
And I bet it is even more lonely when you are justin by yourself.
I propose to you that as far as your concerned, the kingdom of God is not here, and you are going to make it so. By aggravating "Christians" with the your exact science of extreme obnoxiousness, you have proven that the kingdom of God is a myth. Congratulations.
You thus far have successfully proven that Christians are human.
But you aren't doing the cause of atheism any favors by beating the hell out of anyone who challenges you.

So who is your atheist friend anywhere on the internet? Can you provide unquestionable empirical evidence that can be verified and duplicated by your interactions with anyone at any forum? I sure hope so.

Last edited by justin-time : 06-12-2005 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:07 PM   #18
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, Poor dude If he looking for one like that i think about the best one That desribes the bible as self Explantory Would Be St John ch.1 In The Beginning Was The Word And The World Was With God And The World Was God The Same Was In The Beginning With God ..All Things Were Made By Him And Without Was Not Anything Made In Him Was LIFE And The Life Was The Light Of Men And The Light Shineth In Darkness And The Darkness Comprehended it Not,

That has absolutely nothing to do with Sola Scriptura.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:06 PM   #19
no_fixd_address
USER INFO »
I think creedsister is making a poetic point.
A Person can be self explanatory.
A religious book of any kind cannot. I like how Art Sippo disproves sola scriptura:

In fact, every religious book -- the Koran, the Book of Mormon, the Avesta, the Bagahvad Gita, the Upanishads, the Urantia Book, etc. -- all make similar claims about themselves. Every devotee of these religious works with whom I have spoken has told me how the words of their sacred book "burned within" them. Funny inner feelings prove nothing.

Kurt Goedel the great meta-mathematician proved in his 2nd Incompleteness Theorem that it is impossible to prove the epistemic consistency of a formal system from within that system. He demonstrated this by showing that the Liar Paradox of Epimenides (I am lying.) was actually an axiom of arithmetic.
Godel showed that consistency can only be proven by assuming a perspective from outside the system. This process has been called "goedelization." (Interestingly, the catholic Philosopher Gabriel Marcel used a similar idea that he called 'secondary perspective' as the basis for a Catholic form of existential philosophy.)
In short, it has been demonstrated rigorously with mathematical precision that the whole scheme of Sola Scriptura is irrational and absurd. The Bible cannot reveal itself. It must be revealed to us by an external authority.

It reminds me of the old Star Trek episode when Spock and Kirk were over-loading a computer that controlled a whole world. Spock, who always tells the truth, said, "I am lying".
Is he lying or is he telling the truth?

Of course, computer-gone-bad blew up.
“There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church, which is, of course, quite a different thing.”

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen
Old 06-12-2005, 11:11 PM   #20
creedsister
USER INFO »
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything