++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > Community Central > Faith / Religion
Today's Posts «

Old 06-11-2005, 02:39 AM   #1
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Grown tired

I have grown tired of this game you play

I will no longer respond to posts in this section unless they actually make an argument for the existence of a god and it seems even when I put something up that proves the common contradictions that theists/Christians make... I get no response except for harassment and a pope quote.... If you want answers go to

www.infidels.org
http://www.infidels.org/library/mode...r/NTcanon.html a good article on the cannon
Don’t waste my time with these petty straw men arguments give me something I have yet to hear.

That is all.

Last edited by Lunar Shadow : 06-11-2005 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:44 AM   #2
JulieCitySlicker
USER INFO »
Wow,and you think your the only one who's grown tired of this forum Your opinion isn't the only one out there,so get used to it!
alone
All I know
I still got mountains to climb
on my own

Enough To Let Me Go-Switchfoot
Old 06-11-2005, 04:00 PM   #3
no_fixd_address
USER INFO »
Anarkist, you are not tired, your defeated.
Whenever you are confronted with something you can't refute, you resort to obscenities, insults, and red herrings.

Mat 15:1 Then Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem and said, 2 "Why do your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat." 3 He answered them, "And why do you transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God commanded, 'Honor your father and your mother,' and, 'He who speaks evil of father or mother, let him surely die.' 5 But you say, 'If any one tells his father or his mother, What you would have gained from me is given to God, he need not honor his father.' 6 So, for the sake of your tradition, you have made void the word of God.

Maybe I am wrong, but I propose that the only way you could get the attention you so desperately needed from your father was to argue with him.

You have created a "your tradition" by your apostacy from your religion of Presbyteriansim out of a desire for love. Your faith is dead, your god of your own creation is dead, and you broke your fathers heart by dishonoring him with atheism. You are a dead man walking. If I had a father who was a Prebyterian minister, and know what I know about John Knox, I would become an atheist too.
Unless my father was a former Presbyterian minister like Prof. Scott Hahn.

Fathers day is in 8 days. Give him a call.
“There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church, which is, of course, quite a different thing.”

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Last edited by no_fixd_address : 06-11-2005 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:00 PM   #4
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Wow. This is classic Jester:

Make broad generilizations. Those broad gerneralizations are destroyed factually. Jester cannot respond to any of the arguments, so he whines about how no one is arguing logically. Then, when it has become SO obvious that Jester knows absolutely nothing about which he speaks, he leaves the forum to go find other atheists who think intelligently, because of course, Christians cannot think intelligently.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:57 PM   #5
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by no_fixd_address) Anarkist, you are not tired, your defeated.
Whenever you are confronted with something you can't refute, you resort to obscenities, insults, and red herrings.

Mat 15:1 Then Pharisees and scribes came to Jesus from Jerusalem and said, 2 "Why do your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? For they do not wash their hands when they eat." 3 He answered them, "And why do you transgress the commandment of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God commanded, 'Honor your father and your mother,' and, 'He who speaks evil of father or mother, let him surely die.' 5 But you say, 'If any one tells his father or his mother, What you would have gained from me is given to God, he need not honor his father.' 6 So, for the sake of your tradition, you have made void the word of God.

Maybe I am wrong, but I propose that the only way you could get the attention you so desperately needed from your father was to argue with him.

You have created a "your tradition" by your apostacy from your religion of Presbyteriansim out of a desire for love. Your faith is dead, your god of your own creation is dead, and you broke your fathers heart by dishonoring him with atheism. You are a dead man walking. If I had a father who was a Prebyterian minister, and know what I know about John Knox, I would become an atheist too.
Unless my father was a former Presbyterian minister like Prof. Scott Hahn.

Fathers day is in 8 days. Give him a call.

I live next door to my father thank you very much. And you are totally off base when you make you assumptions about my relationship with him. To clarify.... he is ordained but he does not have a church that his is the pastor of. He is a theology Prof and that's what he concentrates his work on teaching is his first love...and he's damn good at it too.

defeated?... no just tried of people ignoring the things I put forth, I tired of reading the same quotes from J P II and hearing the same arguments for a god (I have heard them all before) and I offer up the slightest piece of evidence that might disprove it and I get either ignored or the subject is changed (like apologists do). just tired of the bull shit... and yes I do know that You and Uncertain will claim victory by my leaving in typical Christian fashion (see Christian debating 101) but it doesn’t matter you guys can fool yourselves you've been doing it for years, if you can live with that fine by me.

Last edited by Lunar Shadow : 06-11-2005 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:08 PM   #6
Lunar Shadow
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Wow. This is classic Jester:

Make broad generilizations. Those broad gerneralizations are destroyed factually. Jester cannot respond to any of the arguments, so he whines about how no one is arguing logically. Then, when it has become SO obvious that Jester knows absolutely nothing about which he speaks, he leaves the forum to go find other atheists who think intelligently, because of course, Christians cannot think intelligently.

Actually I am already a member of www.Ex-Christian.net I have been for a little wile now. And it’s great to hear you say that I know nothing... where the hell were you doing the tests that No fixd put up I didn't see you jump to take them. I proved myself that I know what you people believe. You have proven nothing when it comes to what I believe you haven't even made an effort in the past month. you have just sat there and let No fixd make post after post and when you finally come by and read that I have grown tired what do you do you take a cheap shot. I can't recall anything you have really posted in this forum beside you saying in "The Riddle of Epicurus"

Quote: It is not evil for God to give us free will.

I have nothing more to say to you on this matter

Last edited by Lunar Shadow : 06-11-2005 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:28 PM   #7
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
You can't recall anything I have really posted? Wow. Intelligence abounds.

I didn't take the tests he put up because obviously I know all of that, I'm a Catholic. And so what if you know the position? James white, a professional anti-Catholic, claims to know every Catholic position well, and would probably get everything on that test right as well. That doesn't mean he suddenly knows a whole ton about the argument.

You have not really responded to anything. You gave one link in the proofs of God's existence, and other than that you did nothing but insult people, opinions, things, facts, theories, and arguments, without actually responding. But it is what I have come to expect of you.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:05 PM   #8
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Anarkist) Actually I am already a member of www.Ex-Christian.net I have been for a little wile now. And it’s great to hear you say that I know nothing... where the hell were you doing the tests that No fixd put up I didn't see you jump to take them. I proved myself that I know what you people believe. You have proven nothing when it comes to what I believe you haven't even made an effort in the past month. you have just sat there and let No fixd make post after post and when you finally come by and read that I have grown tired what do you do you take a cheap shot. I can't recall anything you have really posted in this forum beside you saying in "The Riddle of Epicurus"

I have nothing more to say to you on this matter
ITS NOT EVIL FOR GOD TO GIVE US A FREE WILL YOUR RIGHT thats simply one of the beautys Of His Majesty
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-11-2005, 11:16 PM   #9
creedsister
USER INFO »
I have Found Truth In All Your Opions

In This Chaos Of A Thread And These Subjects But to are new found atheist I See something I like you....ECC. Chapter 1..The Words Of The Precher The Son Of David Vantiy Of Vanties Saith The Preacher All Is Vantiy What Profit hath a Man Of All His Labour Which he taketh under the sun One Genration passeth away and another genration cometh but the earth abideth forever the sun also ariseth and the sun goth down haseth to his place where he arose the wind goeth toward the south and turneth about unto the north ..verse.3.6
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 06-11-2005, 11:24 PM   #10
creedsister
USER INFO »
Ecc

About continually and the wind returns again acording to his circuits all the rivers run to the sea is not full unto the place from whence the rivers come neither they return again all things are full of labour man canot utter it the eye is not satisfied with seeing noir the ear filled with hearing ..the thing that hath it is that which shall be and that which is done is that shall which be done and there is no new thing under the sun..verse.7.9
Old 06-11-2005, 11:37 PM   #11
creedsister
USER INFO »
is there anything whereof it may be said see this is new it hath been done already of old time which was before us there is no remeberance of former things neither shall there be any remeberance of things that are to come with those who shall come after .. I the preacher was king over israel in Jerusalem And I gave My Heart To Seek And Search Out by wisdom concering all things that are done under heaven this sore travail hath God given to the sons of Man to be excercised therewith i have seen all the works that are done under the sun and behold all is vantiy and vexation of spirt That Which Is Crooked Canot be mad straight and that which is wanting cannot be numbered i communed with mine own heart saying lo i,am gotten to great estate and have gotten more wisdom than all they in jerusalem yea my heart had great knowlege and i gave my heart to know wisdom and maddness and folly i perceived that this also is vexation spirt for in much wisdom is much grief and he that increaseth knowlege increaseth in sorry..
Old 06-11-2005, 11:52 PM   #12
creedsister
USER INFO »
And I turned myself to behold wisdom and madness and folly the man do that cometh after the king even that which hath been already done then i saw that wisdom excelleth folly as for the light excellth darkness the wise mans eyes are in his head but the fool walketh in darkness and i myself perceived also that one event happend to theme all then said i in my hearty as it happend to the fool so it happend to me and why was i more wise ? then i said in my heart that this is also vantiy for there is rememberance of the wise more than the fool forever seeing that which now is in the days to come shall all be forgotten and how dieth the wise man as the fool therfore i hated life because the work that is wrought under the sun is grievous unto me for all is vanity and vexation of spirt ...WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO then came A lit ways on down the line The Alpha And The Omega The Holy One The Auther And The Finshier Chief Cornerstone Shiloh The Rose Of Sharon WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE CARPTNER And Carried Us All And Died THE REEDEMER And Spoke These Words FORGIVE THEME FOR KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO
Old 06-11-2005, 11:57 PM   #13
creedsister
USER INFO »
And My Typing Sucks

I have searched my own self and i hate it to HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Old 06-12-2005, 03:28 AM   #14
no_fixd_address
USER INFO »
Pope James White

James White would not get past question 2. But he has several books arguing the questions. He is a sola scripturist, but is still looking for a verse that explicitly says the bible is self explanatory.
“There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church, which is, of course, quite a different thing.”

Bishop Fulton J. Sheen
Old 06-12-2005, 11:57 AM   #15
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by no_fixd_address) James White would not get past question 2. But he has several books arguing the questions. He is a sola scripturist, but is still looking for a verse that explicitly says the bible is self explanatory.

True, but if he knew he was supposed to answer it from a Catholic perspective, he could.