++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 12-10-2004, 02:26 PM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
02/11/2005 - Boston, MA - Avalon Ballroom

Post your reviews here.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 02-11-2005, 11:23 PM   #2
Soundslave
USER INFO »
I didn't even plan on attending the concert. Since I missed the show in Providence on Tuesday I figured that I would have to wait until the next time they came to New England. However, this afternoon I found out that my brother was coming home, and I convinced him to drive us to Boston to see the show. Of course, since Boston's Big Dig makes it impossible for out-of-towners to find their way, we were late for the show. As we were walking into the venue, I see Submersed's equipment being loaded into the trucks. I was so disappointed.

Silvertide just was not my kind of music. I found it loud and obnoxious, and the singer was also obnoxious. They carried on with "Not Coming Home" for a good 10 minutes to finish out their set.

So around 7:45, Alter Bridge makes their way to the stage.
Their set-list (as good as I can remember) was
1. ODR
2. WYW
3. Shed My Skin
4. FTR
5. Burn It Down
6. Metalingus
7. Broken Wings
8. TEIH
9. Rock and Roll
10. Down To My Last
--Encore
11. ILM acoustic
12. Sweet Emotion
13. OYE

Myles was simply incredible. The only song that wasn't perfect was Find The Real. His voice kinda got too high during the second verse. However, he hit the note at the end with perfection. He sang DTML absolutely great. I remember hearing that he had trouble with those notes when he was sick, but there were no problems tonight. At the end, he did a kinda extended vocal solo.
He played guitar on several songs, and had a few duels with Mark during Rock And Roll, and Sweet Emotion. That was very entertaining.
He talked to the crowd quite a bit, about the Sox and Patriots winning championships. He thanked everyone for coming out and supporting rock n' roll,and said "we can't let hip-hop take over the whole nation". At one point he grabbed a stage light and started pointing it out at the crowd and said " I better be able to see everyone's hands in the air".

What can you say about Mark? He was at the top of his game as usual. He threw in a solo, even if brief, anywhere that he possibly could. The energy that he brings to the crowd is incredible.

Myles introduced Brian as his role model. He did a short bass solo I believe as an intro to Rock and Roll. Brian and Mark seemed to be having a great time. Mark was constantly walking over to him and they would jam together.

Flip did a cool, but short solo. He was pounding the skins to a pulp tonight.

By the way the crowd reacted to TEIH, it made me think that it should have been the next single. Granted, everyone sang along to Broken Wings, but TEIH pleased the crowd more than any other song. From the first note to the solo, the crowd was rockin'. Devil horns were flying, and both young and old were loving every second.

Sorry if this review was all over the place. It is very late and I am very tired. But this show was awesome. I just wish I could've seen Submersed.

Last edited by Soundslave : 02-12-2005 at 12:58 AM.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:34 PM   #3
scrit
USER INFO »
Aight its been a couple of days but i figured i should still make a review. I got in about 1/2 an hour early and i had a perfect view (maby 10 feet from the stage.) After waiting patiently for about Submersed, they came out 5 minutes early at 6:25. Submersed absolutly blew me away. I thought they would be good, but I wasn't expecting them to be THAT good. They had about a 30 minute set. They played...
-Divide the Hate
-To Peace
-In due Time
-Flicker
-Dripping
-an Instrumental
-Hollow
(THESE ARE NOT IN ORDER I FORGET THE ORDER NOW)
The crowd was pretty small for them probably because it was so early, but the people who were tere really seemed to get into it.

After about a 20 minute break, the place really started to fill up. Silvertide was up next. I thought silvertide was the worst of the bunch. The crowd really did not get into them at all. I had a perfect view of their lead guitarist though who was probably the only person the entire audience was watching. He did some really impressive stuff with the guitar while being as showy as possible. They played for maby 40 minutes. I forget what songs they played since im not a huge fan of them.

After waiting for another 1/2 an hour alter bridge finally came. I was on the side of Brian Marshell but i had a perfect view of everyone. (see mattr652 above for the setlist) THe concert was so loud that it was hard to hear everyone at once. I should have brought earplugs since i was right next to the speakers. Mark tremonti nailed every solo, and Myles nailed (almost) every hold. He made a few mistakes but they were so small no one cared. He messed up one of the verses in i think broken wings. Mark looked at him and kind of shook his head. They did a couple of covers which were nice breaks from their stuff since they played the whole cd. The whole concert was deffinatly worth the 20 something i paid.

-U2
Old 02-13-2005, 11:00 PM   #4
Soundslave
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by scrit)
After waiting for another 1/2 an hour alter bridge finally came. I was on the side of Brian Marshell but i had a perfect view of everyone. (see mattr652 above for the setlist) THe concert was so loud that it was hard to hear everyone at once. I should have brought earplugs since i was right next to the speakers. Mark tremonti nailed every solo, and Myles nailed (almost) every hold. He made a few mistakes but they were so small no one cared. He messed up one of the verses in i think broken wings. Mark looked at him and kind of shook his head. They did a couple of covers which were nice breaks from their stuff since they played the whole cd. The whole concert was deffinatly worth the 20 something i paid.

Since I was towards the back (near the bar on the right side) I could hear the vocals perfectly, but man was it loud in there. Since Avalon is so small, I still had a good view and was only about 35 feet away.
As for Myles on BW, I chuckled when he was singing the first verse. He kind of paused for a split second longer between breaths and realized that he wasn't singing it correctly. I don't think the lyrics he sang were in either of the verses. I also noticed Mark raising his eyebrow after he heard it.