++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 12:42 AM   #121
ctfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Oopsy, seems as if he's already paying that price. From a radio interview.

“It’s been frustrating so far that hardly anybody knows we exist,” Tremonti said by phone during a tour stop in Montgomery, Ala. “What I expected after going out and selling 30 million records would be that people would know that (Creed) was broken up or that Alter Bridge was a band with three members from Creed. I thought the word would have spread.”

“Our big battle from the start is that we definitely want to be known as Alter Bridge,” he said. “Do we market ourselves as a brand new band or as former members of Creed so we could introduce millions of Creed fans into the mix? But we don’t want people to see us because they are Creed fans. We said from the beginning that we don’t want to have any kind of Creed reference to this band.”

"We’ve had some talks recently with the record label and we’ve agreed to let people know where we came from so we can build up some awareness,” Tremonti said.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:42 AM   #122
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
exactly
i dont mean the cross and glasses well kinda, more of the "I CHOOSE TO SEE THINGS DIFFERENTLY"
doesnt lying to yourself ever get old?
Stapp did these things, he deserves what he gets now.
If AB had done them, or does them in the future, they will get the same treatment.
period
end of story.
anything else, youll have to CHOOSE to misinterpret things.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 01-25-2005, 12:47 AM   #123
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
edited for 'clarification' purposes.
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) SIGHHHHH, it's like reading an AB interview all over again.

First of all dogstar, I have never ever said in any posts here that I found Stapp completely blameless. Go check for yourself, you won't find them. So don't talk to me about how tired you are of reading it.

Second, you as well as everyone else here knows that Stapp admitted to what he did, the reasons behind WHY he did it, how wrong he was for doing it, and that he was sorry for doing it. You and everyone else got your apology. If you didn't accept it, that's your problem, but you got one just the same. This argument doesn't work anymore.

If you are going to continue to harp on the NEGATIVE, please don't forget that there are POSITIVES that go with it. See, that's what Tremo and co are doing. No positives whatsoever on their part.

Third, how would YOU like to be Stapp, or one of his family members reading the crap that is spewing forth from his ex-bandmates every time they open their mouths????? So don't give me that crap about Marks family. Stapp has family as well. It works both ways, and you know it.

Fourth, fans still buy these mags, and fans still tune into radio interviews, this horrible attitude that Tremo has developed is reaching many people, and he's going to be the one to pay that price. Just as Stapp has paid for his actions.
Fifth, the lame-o questions will end when they tire of it and when they choose to move on.

Last, you can believe what Tremo/Phillips/Marshall say with a joyous heart. You can enjoy posting all the negatives too, I just choose to see things differently. I guess it's the altitude from being up on this cross for too long, and wearing my rose colored glasses.

Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Oopsy, seems as if he's already paying that price. From a radio interview.

“It’s been frustrating so far that hardly anybody knows we exist,” Tremonti said by phone during a tour stop in Montgomery, Ala. “What I expected after going out and selling 30 million records would be that people would know that (Creed) was broken up or that Alter Bridge was a band with three members from Creed. I thought the word would have spread.”

“Our big battle from the start is that we definitely want to be known as Alter Bridge,” he said. “Do we market ourselves as a brand new band or as former members of Creed so we could introduce millions of Creed fans into the mix? But we don’t want people to see us because they are Creed fans. We said from the beginning that we don’t want to have any kind of Creed reference to this band.”

"We’ve had some talks recently with the record label and we’ve agreed to let people know where we came from so we can build up some awareness,” Tremonti said

Im not sure if youre aware-
Creed was the biggest, longest lasting, mainstream rock band of the last decade.
Alter Bridge?
not mainstream rock, often associated with Stapp, sorry but thats a lot of weight to pull.
And until they start playing Creed songs (which they wont)
you have no stones to cast.

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller

Last edited by fluttergirl : 01-25-2005 at 01:31 AM.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:52 AM   #124
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: two year olds know theyre supposed to say sorry.
and anyone will say that if they have everyone they work for telling them they need to.

Amber...don't know if you have any kids...and you are right...a two year old will say they're sorry...but at that age...children have no conception of what right or wrong is. Their parents, or responsible adult must TEACH them the difference. Otherwise they will just be parroting what they are told to do.

On the other hand, this case can't be compaired to a child. We are dealing with adults here, one that is in fact a father. I would be very surprised if he didn't know when and how to apologize, because it sets an example for his son.

It's not about people TELLING you to apologize...but it is about having the CHOICE to do so, if one feels they have done something to apologize for.

BTW...he offered an apology, if memory serves...but then it just wasn't acceptable...so did it really matter anyway, because it really wasn't what everyone expected to hear.

This is just an observation and not saying that i know how stapp thinks or what he should or shouldn't do...but once again, it's his life...so why not just let him live it...this has nothing to do with his music. That is what he shares with the public.

In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came
That voice which calls to me and speaks my name
And do I dream again, for now I find
The phantom of the opera is there...inside my mind

Christine/ Phantom Of The Opera

Abondon thought and let the dream decend....
Point of No Return/Phantom Of The Opera

You will forever remain the music
And I…the song you sing

Last edited by Ann Allusion : 01-25-2005 at 01:49 AM.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:20 AM   #125
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
one, that was meant as an example, ill refrain from any more exagerrations or hyperboles, as that seems to be an excuse to ignore facts. use "small child" if it helps.
and two, i worked in a daycare center for three years, and they most certainly do. it develops more as they grow older, but they most certainly have it, especially around 2 1/2. in fact, they mean it a lot more at that age before it gets diluted and drained down to an uttering when you accidentally bump into someone. just because they cant talk and verbalize their knowledge doesnt make tham any less intelligent. true, some people never learn it. but i think youll agree with me, stapp has a sense of what's right and whats wrong.
it has everything to do with it, there wouldnt be anything big about this thread, certainly not 9 pages, if what Stapp did in his personal life didnt have anything to do with him or his music. they arent machines, what happens in their personal lives affects the music. alway has.

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller
Old 01-25-2005, 01:25 AM   #126
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) exactly
i dont mean the cross and glasses well kinda, more of the "I CHOOSE TO SEE THINGS DIFFERENTLY"
doesnt lying to yourself ever get old?
Stapp did these things, he deserves what he gets now.
If AB had done them, or does them in the future, they will get the same treatment.
period
end of story.
anything else, youll have to CHOOSE to misinterpret things.

Lying to myself about what?? PLEASE READ what I'm posting....Stapp did do these things, but he doesn't deserve what he's getting now from ME. And he never will. That is what I've CHOSEN to do.

You can do what you want, misinterpret, interpret, or percieve whatever YOU choose.

God, it shouldn't be this hard, it really shouldn't be this freaking hard to post an opinion.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:28 AM   #127
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) Im not sure if youre aware-
Creed was the biggest, longest lasting, mainstream rock band of the last decade.
Alter Bridge?
not mainstream rock, often associated with Stapp, sorry but thats a lot of weight to pull.
And until they start playing Creed songs (which they wont)
you have no stones to cast.

I have no idea who this comment was aimed at. If it's me, I don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. Sorry.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:34 AM   #128
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Its fuckig funny how a couple of you, and you call yourself fans, come here and support vomited Stapp and trying to put shit to Flip and Tremo when you never will find that on them. I am 100% you bash them here and go to AB concerts and fucking freak when you have them in front of you. HIPPOCRITS
Old 01-25-2005, 01:34 AM   #129
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Lying to myself about what?? PLEASE READ what I'm posting....Stapp did do these things, but he doesn't deserve what he's getting now from ME. And he never will. That is what I've CHOSEN to do.

You can do what you want, misinterpret, interpret, or percieve whatever YOU choose.

God, it shouldn't be this hard, it really shouldn't be this freaking hard to post an opinion.
why dont you try reading what im saying and uh, not 'choosing to see things differently'?
it is lying to yourself, hence, the ever-popular rose colored glasses reference.
someone can tell me its a blue sky, and i can CHOOSE to see it differently.
personally, id get sick of seeing everything with misconcieved preconceptions, but hey, whatever floats your boat.
and you have posted your opinion.
you clicked the submit buttin, just like everyone else here. no, not everyone is going to agree with it. trust me, i havent had it any easier,
btw, i edited that post you didnt understand.

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller
Old 01-25-2005, 01:35 AM   #130
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Trimontana) Its fuckig funny how a couple of you, and you call yourself fans, come here and support vomited Stapp and trying to put shit to Flip and Tremo when you never will find that on them. I am 100% you bash them here and go to AB concerts and fucking freak when you have them in front of you. HIPPOCRITS
im sorry, what?

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller
Old 01-25-2005, 01:40 AM   #131
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Its doesnt make any reference to you AMber.It wasnt my intention that you take it personally. Those two people will know i am talking about them. I am just fed up that come here and find/read shit. I am tired of hear things with no reason or arguments about Tremo and Flip. Thats all.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:47 AM   #132
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
no, i just didnt understand it, lol
maybe its just late....

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller
Old 01-25-2005, 02:01 AM   #133
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) no, i just didnt understand it, lol
maybe its just late....

Amber sorry. I just woke up and maybe i didnt express myself very clair.
With another words so you can understand that:i am fed up of comments and postings talking about Tremonti or AB like they have had something wrong. Some people here would be so happy to have reasons against them so they could come here and bash them(they are doing it already any way). But cos that will never happen. They come here and try to make them guilty of the break up of Creed, when just one person can be blamed about it. I am not gonna post any more cos i think there will be always hippocryt ones who say one thing but if they would have AB in front of them they would act in another way.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:07 AM   #134
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) SIGHHHHH, it's like reading an AB interview all over again.

First of all dogstar, I have never ever said in any posts here that I found Stapp completely blameless. Go check for yourself, you won't find them. So don't talk to me about how tired you are of reading it.
You and others constantly defend him to the hilt, even when he was wrong, and refuse to believe he does anything wrong, so don't tell me I haven't read this stuff before. I've argued with you before on several occasions.

Quote: Second, you as well as everyone else here knows that Stapp admitted to what he did, the reasons behind WHY he did it, how wrong he was for doing it, and that he was sorry for doing it. You and everyone else got your apology.
Ok, it's possible I'm having a senior moment, but I don't recall anything specific about a public apology for Chicago, given that they got sued for it. Did he say it really wasn't artistic expression after all? Didn't he later blame it on his medication?
Again, forgive me if I'm not remembering what it is he said exactly.

Quote: If you are going to continue to harp on the NEGATIVE, please don't forget that there are POSITIVES that go with it. See, that's what Tremo and co are doing. No positives whatsoever on their part.
I don't harp on the negative. I'm giving my perspective on things because I happen to disagree with you. It's a discussion board, remember? You and a few others only seem to come out on this board when you want to dis whatever Mark and AB have to say. I think you are way too sensitive about every little thing they say. The bottom line is, they weren't getting along personally or professionally, so they called it quits. Maybe they are still bitter about it. Maybe they are tired of having to keep quiet about it. Maybe they just want to get all that crap off their chests.

Quote: Third, how would YOU like to be Stapp, or one of his family members reading the crap that is spewing forth from his ex-bandmates every time they open their mouths????? So don't give me that crap about Marks family. Stapp has family as well. It works both ways, and you know it.
Stapp made his bed, now he has to lie in it and deal with the consequences. They didn't ask for Chicago to happen the way it did and maybe they are still pissed about it. I think it speaks volumes that they went and got Marshall back in the fold.

Quote: Fourth, fans still buy these mags, and fans still tune into radio interviews, this horrible attitude that Tremo has developed is reaching many people, and he's going to be the one to pay that price. Just as Stapp has paid for his actions.
Once again, we disagree. I don't see how horrible his attitude is. I just see him telling his side of it, his perception of it. Whether it's true or not, who knows? But it's how he feels obviously.

Quote: Fifth, the lame-o questions will end when they tire of it and when they choose to move on.
Uh, sorry, but you're naive about the media. Ask Jerry Cantrell. He still gets questions about Layne Staley's and the band's various drug use over the years and Alice broke up long ago. He hates those questions. It has nothing to do with his wanting to move on. It has everything to do with selling magazines, and most people enjoy reading about that crap even though they won't admit it.

Quote: Last, you can believe what Tremo/Phillips/Marshall say with a joyous heart. You can enjoy posting all the negatives too, I just choose to see things differently. I guess it's the altitude from being up on this cross for too long, and wearing my rose colored glasses.
I don't even think you read my posts. I never said I believe every word they say. I have said, repeatedly, that the truth probably lies somewhere in between. Guess the rose-colored glasses are preventing you from seeing all of the words.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:01 AM   #135
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Stapp did change his story 2 times, and i have not ONCE seen an appology from him, all ive heard was excuses. Post the appology and the source, and then i will believe it. Stapp is way too proud to appologize. What do you all get out of arguing about this anyway? I mean, posting an opinion is one thing, but facts are facts, and some people are too blind to see the facts. Arguing is getting you nothing but sore fingers and sore heads. You can sling mud all you want, but you are never going to get all of the dirt out of the hole. You gain nothing by arguing about this, and i hope you all realize this before you wear your fingers down to nubs.
Closed Thread