++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 05:08 PM   #106
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) Nowhere in her post does it say, PM me for details, If you have a problem with a member of the board, you need to adress them, not go talking smack behind their back, especially not in a public thread.
This is, what do you call it?
Airing dirty laundry?
just like you dont want AB to do with Stapp?
Nicely ironic.

Word.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 01-24-2005, 06:17 PM   #107
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Yea Steve, I read that one too.... But my opinion still stands. You know, I have alot of respect for Jeff Martin and his bandmates because I like the way they present themselves, and I like their music.

But over the course of many comments and opinions, people have made it appear as though the Tea Party just walked away because of Stapp, and I just don't believe that.
The Tea Party was pretty clear on why they were no longer working with him. Their words speak for themselves. They seemed pretty straightforward about it. Take off the rose-colored glasses.

Quote: As far as the "baggage" comment is concerned....I know if I were another band member, I would really have to question working with Stapp too, given the fact that 3 of his (Stapp's) former band mates continually trash him in every interview they do. It would make me wonder if those former members would talk about me in the same way, esp if they knew me personally.
I seriously doubt artists would believe half the stuff they see in print or hear in interviews. Anyway, weren't the Tea Party working with Stapp before a lot of these interviews with AB came out? That song was released in August, right? A lot of the so-called bashing has occurred after that, from what I can see.

Quote: Hmmm, the demons?? Maybe Stapp is trying to please everyone....

On that we agree, but I think it has more to do with his image than anything else. I always thought he was too image conscious, so much so that it got in the way of the music. I think he's pretty media-savvy and had cultivated his image quite a bit, but keeping up the front, I think, got to be too much.
Just my opinion on things .
Old 01-24-2005, 06:26 PM   #108
Chase
USER INFO »
It's funny. Stapp also got accused of being the "immature one." But after reading interview after interview where the shit talking increases... it seems like it's the other way around. I don't know if it's because Mark, Brian, and Flip feel like they have safety in numbers... but they seem to be asking for a public feud. We all know that Stapp is usually the one not to back down... but I think he's doing himself a big favor by proving to be the more mature one. He reflects positively on the Creed days... while Mark seems to sound like it was a miserable road for him. I think he needs to remember that it was us, the fans, who really help push him to the success that he has enjoyed since 1997. It's almost like they're trying to lure Stapp out of the shadows in order to publicly humiliate himself. Hopefully, for his sake... he stays out of it. I will say this however. I think that Stapp's recent performances of "Higher" is his way of sticking it to Mark. His way of giving Mark the one-fingered salute.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:48 PM   #109
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Hmmm, Mark and Flip weren't writhing around on stage in a half-drunken/medicated stupor in Chicago,or pulling a little temper tantrum in State College, PA. We didn't hear about Mark and Flip in any bar fights, either. Who's the immature one here? We honestly have no clue what went on behind the scenes. I'm guessing it was a lot worse on both sides from what little has trickled out through the media. And while Stapp may be silent on this one (likely to preserve what's left of his image), he sure as hell said some dumb-ass things about Chicago, things that no one with half a brain would ever believe.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:57 PM   #110
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Give me a good answer to this, seriously, because i am lost. Why in the world would Tea Party give up the opportunity of a lifetime, give up a singer from one of the GREATEST ROCK BANDS EVER, for a stupid reason????? There would have to be a lot of bad shit goin on for me to give that up. Scott Stapp was their ticket to selling major albums in the US, because they are basically just selling in canada right now. If you were all musicians, and you saw firsthand how hard it is to get recognition, you would realize how bad the situation had to be. I dont think that anything tremonti says is a lie, simply because of that reason. I think that once everyone realizes that, this thread might end on a happy note Cheer up everyone

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 01-24-2005, 06:59 PM   #111
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Hmmm, Mark and Flip weren't writhing around on stage in a half-drunken/medicated stupor in Chicago,or pulling a little temper tantrum in State College, PA. We didn't hear about Mark and Flip in any bar fights, either. Who's the immature one here? We honestly have no clue what went on behind the scenes. I'm guessing it was a lot worse on both sides from what little has trickled out through the media. And while Stapp may be silent on this one (likely to preserve what's left of his image), he sure as hell said some dumb-ass things about Chicago, things that no one with half a brain would ever believe.

RIGHT ON!

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 01-24-2005, 08:21 PM   #112
Agent D
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Chase) It's funny. Stapp also got accused of being the "immature one." But after reading interview after interview where the shit talking increases... it seems like it's the other way around. I don't know if it's because Mark, Brian, and Flip feel like they have safety in numbers... but they seem to be asking for a public feud. We all know that Stapp is usually the one not to back down... but I think he's doing himself a big favor by proving to be the more mature one. He reflects positively on the Creed days... while Mark seems to sound like it was a miserable road for him. I think he needs to remember that it was us, the fans, who really help push him to the success that he has enjoyed since 1997. It's almost like they're trying to lure Stapp out of the shadows in order to publicly humiliate himself. Hopefully, for his sake... he stays out of it. I will say this however. I think that Stapp's recent performances of "Higher" is his way of sticking it to Mark. His way of giving Mark the one-fingered salute.

Uh...

Maybe Stapp hasn't said anything because he's the one at fault? Ever think of that?
Old 01-24-2005, 08:45 PM   #113
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) Nowhere in her post does it say, PM me for details, If you have a problem with a member of the board, you need to adress them, not go talking smack behind their back, especially not in a public thread.
This is, what do you call it?
Airing dirty laundry?
just like you dont want AB to do with Stapp?
Nicely ironic.

Your right, she doesn't say that in ANY of her posts in this thread. I said, she's posted that in her posts of the PAST. She's the one airing what you call dirty laundry because everyone knows she likes to fill people in on things, she's boasted about it before. Only thing is, her dirty laundry is years old....LMAO!!!!
Old 01-24-2005, 08:54 PM   #114
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
again, you are out of line
and how old is stapp?
if youre going to talk the talk, then walk the walk, dear.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 01-24-2005, 09:09 PM   #115
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) The Tea Party was pretty clear on why they were no longer working with him. Their words speak for themselves. They seemed pretty straightforward about it. Take off the rose-colored glasses.

I seriously doubt artists would believe half the stuff they see in print or hear in interviews. Anyway, weren't the Tea Party working with Stapp before a lot of these interviews with AB came out? That song was released in August, right? A lot of the so-called bashing has occurred after that, from what I can see.

On that we agree, but I think it has more to do with his image than anything else. I always thought he was too image conscious, so much so that it got in the way of the music. I think he's pretty media-savvy and had cultivated his image quite a bit, but keeping up the front, I think, got to be too much.
Just my opinion on things .

God, being perched up on this cross, I have a pretty good view....and the rose colored glasses help..... As I told Steve, my opinions and comments on the Tea Party stand. If the reasons are clear to you, fine but they do differ for me.

Ok, so artists aren't supposed to believe half of the stuff they see in print or hear in interviews, but fans are???? Wow, how ironic.

The bashing of Stapp (if that's what you are referring to) by 3 of the members of Alter Bridge started with the MTV interview. I'm not sure of the dates, because I don't keep up with all of that, but there were enough interviews, radio spots, and mag articles at the time Stapp's song was released to curl most anyone's hair. I just know that if I were an artist, I'd certainly think twice about working with Tremo and co, at least with 3 of the members anyway.

And nope, I have to disagree with the image thing. By pleasing everyone, I meant, trying to make everyone happy.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:20 PM   #116
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) God, being perched up on this cross, I have a pretty good view....and the rose colored glasses help..... As I told Steve, my opinions and comments on the Tea Party stand. If the reasons are clear to you, fine but they do differ for me.

Quote: Ok, so artists aren't supposed to believe half of the stuff they see in print or hear in interviews, but fans are???? Wow, how ironic.
No, I never said fans should. Hell, I know I don't. I have said from the get-go that I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I'm pretty sure no artist is going to base working with another artist on what is said about the artist in the media.

Quote: I just know that if I were an artist, I'd certainly think twice about working with Tremo and co, at least with 3 of the members anyway.
Because of what you have seen/read in interviews? Yikes, that's kind of scary.

Quote: And nope, I have to disagree with the image thing. By pleasing everyone, I meant, trying to make everyone happy.
Well, trying to please someone means trying to make people happy. A lot of people who try to make others happy often put on a facade to accomplish this. They can't be who they really are, because a) they are too insecure, or b)they are too insecure. They worry that no one will like them for who they really are, so they can't be true to themselves. They let others dictate their course in life.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:26 PM   #117
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) Hmmm, Mark and Flip weren't writhing around on stage in a half-drunken/medicated stupor in Chicago,or pulling a little temper tantrum in State College, PA. We didn't hear about Mark and Flip in any bar fights, either. Who's the immature one here? We honestly have no clue what went on behind the scenes. I'm guessing it was a lot worse on both sides from what little has trickled out through the media. And while Stapp may be silent on this one (likely to preserve what's left of his image), he sure as hell said some dumb-ass things about Chicago, things that no one with half a brain would ever believe.

Ah yes the same old grasping of things that happend 2 years ago. And the bar fights, longer than that. I just lmao when I read these replies.

Tremo, Phillips and Marshall have been showing their ass for 4 months. To me, what they are doing in interviews and mag articles is the exact same thing, it reaches the same # of people, and they've been doing it longer.... Whether they are drunk or medicated while doing it, I have no clue except that they were at a bar during this particular interview, and they were drinking.

Stapp has apologized, so yea, I would say Stapp is being pretty mature.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:39 PM   #118
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) Ah yes the same old grasping of things that happend 2 years ago. And the bar fights, longer than that. I just lmao when I read these replies.
I'm glad you find this all so funny. I laugh my ass off at your replies because you're grasping at absolute straws. They were allegedly having problems during the Human Clay tour; that was what, five years ago? I'm guessing what happened two years ago had a bearing on the breakup. Again, we really don't know, and they were pretty much done after New Year's Eve in 2002, so it was all pretty new at the time. Chicago might have been the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Think about it. Would you like to have been in Mark's shoes with his family at that show and witnessing that debacle? I'm not trying to take sides here. I just get soooo tired of all the people who refuse to believe that Scott S. had anything to do with the breakup and that God forbid, the rest of them answer questions about it, knowing full well that the questions will be asked. Sometimes, it's best to answer them and get it done so that perhaps they can all move on and the lame-o questions will end.

Quote: Tremo, Phillips and Marshall have been showing their ass for 4 months. To me, what they are doing in interviews and mag articles is the exact same thing, it reaches the same # of people, and they've been doing it longer.... Whether they are drunk or medicated while doing it, I have no clue except that they were at a bar during this particular interview, and they were drinking.

Stapp has apologized, so yea, I would say Stapp is being pretty mature.

I'm sorry, but that's a complete crock of shit. What they are supposedly doing is not the same thing that Stapp pulled at Chicago. Thousands of people paid good money to see them and he fucked up. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he tried to defend that situation by having the audacity to call it artistic expression. That was insult to anyone with half a brain. He showed me then that he really is about saving his ass. He'd have been better off not saying anything.

You're judging them for being in a bar while being interviewed? I shouldn't even dignify that with a response. Maybe they were interviewed after a show, maybe they felt like kicking back. Drinking a few beers isn't the same thing as slurring words, forgetting lyrics and being completely incomprehensible during a PAID performance. Your logic is incomprehensible.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:09 PM   #119
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
two year olds know theyre supposed to say sorry.
and anyone will say that if they have everyone they work for telling them they need to.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 01-25-2005, 12:32 AM   #120
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) I'm glad you find this all so funny. I laugh my ass off at your replies because you're grasping at absolute straws. They were allegedly having problems during the Human Clay tour; that was what, five years ago? I'm guessing what happened two years ago had a bearing on the breakup. Again, we really don't know, and they were pretty much done after New Year's Eve in 2002, so it was all pretty new at the time. Chicago might have been the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Think about it. Would you like to have been in Mark's shoes with his family at that show and witnessing that debacle? I'm not trying to take sides here. I just get soooo tired of all the people who refuse to believe that Scott S. had anything to do with the breakup and that God forbid, the rest of them answer questions about it, knowing full well that the questions will be asked. Sometimes, it's best to answer them and get it done so that perhaps they can all move on and the lame-o questions will end.

I'm sorry, but that's a complete crock of shit. What they are supposedly doing is not the same thing that Stapp pulled at Chicago. Thousands of people paid good money to see them and he fucked up. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he tried to defend that situation by having the audacity to call it artistic expression. That was insult to anyone with half a brain. He showed me then that he really is about saving his ass. He'd have been better off not saying anything.

You're judging them for being in a bar while being interviewed? I shouldn't even dignify that with a response. Maybe they were interviewed after a show, maybe they felt like kicking back. Drinking a few beers isn't the same thing as slurring words, forgetting lyrics and being completely incomprehensible during a PAID performance. Your logic is incomprehensible.

SIGHHHHH, it's like reading an AB interview all over again.

First of all dogstar, I have never ever said in any posts here that I found Stapp completely blameless. Go check for yourself, you won't find them. So don't talk to me about how tired you are of reading it.

Second, you as well as everyone else here knows that Stapp admitted to what he did, the reasons behind WHY he did it, how wrong he was for doing it, and that he was sorry for doing it. You and everyone else got your apology. If you didn't accept it, that's your problem, but you got one just the same. This argument doesn't work anymore.

If you are going to continue to harp on the NEGATIVE, please don't forget that there are POSITIVES that go with it. See, that's what Tremo and co are doing. No positives whatsoever on their part.

Third, how would YOU like to be Stapp, or one of his family members reading the crap that is spewing forth from his ex-bandmates every time they open their mouths????? So don't give me that crap about Marks family. Stapp has family as well. It works both ways, and you know it.

Fourth, fans still buy these mags, and fans still tune into radio interviews, this horrible attitude that Tremo has developed is reaching many people, and he's going to be the one to pay that price. Just as Stapp has paid for his actions.

Fifth, the lame-o questions will end when they tire of it and when they choose to move on.

Last, you can believe what Tremo/Phillips/Marshall say with a joyous heart. You can enjoy posting all the negatives too, I just choose to see things differently. I guess it's the altitude from being up on this cross for too long, and wearing my rose colored glasses.
Closed Thread