++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 04:48 PM   #46
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) youre fairly new, maybe this was just a fluke
at the time this thread was started, there was nothing but 'Stapp bashing' going on, that has finally died down, the six or seven threads that it had totally ruined were finally gone, and this was in the Stapp forum, going to the stapp forum just to post that you have always bashed him is immature.

Yup, I agree. I honestly wish that those who dislike Stapp(both his music and him as a person, though that shouldn't come into the equation when discussing him as a musician) would stay out of Stapp's forum. Let's keep the Stapp bashing out of a forum dedicated to Stapp. It leads to less fights/arguments here.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 02-04-2005, 08:31 PM   #47
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) youre fairly new, maybe this was just a fluke
at the time this thread was started, there was nothing but 'Stapp bashing' going on, that has finally died down, the six or seven threads that it had totally ruined were finally gone, and this was in the Stapp forum, going to the stapp forum just to post that you have always bashed him is immature.

I don't think so, but fine. I wasn't "bashing" him, I was saying that not all of us who dislike Stapp just started once the breakup has occured. I was only contributing what I think is a valid point. The notion that everyone only started bashing Stapp after Creed broke up is false, that's what I was saying. I didn't come in here saying he is an egotistical maniac, or that his lyrics suck, or that his solo career is pitiful or anything like that. If you think I am bashing Stapp venture out into ANY musicians forum on the web and you will see REALY Stapp bashing. I was only presenting my opinion.

And I didn't just venture on here to announce to the world that I have always disliked Scott. I thought there might be a few thigns to talk about since I actually don't particulary mind his voice and I thought *some* of his lyrics were decent though not most. Just because I'm not his biggest fan doesn't mean I should never enter a Scott Stapp forum. Esepcially on a board as small as this.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:30 AM   #48
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
just because you can doesnt mean you should
it just stirs the pot, and im sick of that particular one being stirred, ive had my fill.
i was in no way defending stapp, nor do i want to get into that with you. this thread was dead, you brought it back up, i posted as much.
if you like the other boards, there you go.

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 02-05-2005, 09:36 AM   #49
Ana4Stapp
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Ana4Stapp Send a message via MSN to Ana4Stapp
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) Yup, I agree. I honestly wish that those who dislike Stapp(both his music and him as a person, though that shouldn't come into the equation when discussing him as a musician) would stay out of Stapp's forum. Let's keep the Stapp bashing out of a forum dedicated to Stapp. It leads to less fights/arguments here.
Go on Stapp !!!!
Look at the stars
Look at the stars, falling down,
And I wonder where, did I go wrong.

"I know a girl (Gio )
She puts the color inside of my world"

Girls become lovers who turn into mothers
So mothers be good to your daughters too
Old 02-05-2005, 02:27 PM   #50
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
yep...bumping a dead thread

Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) just because you can doesnt mean you should
it just stirs the pot, and im sick of that particular one being stirred, ive had my fill.
i was in no way defending stapp, nor do i want to get into that with you. this thread was dead, you brought it back up, i posted as much.
if you like the other boards, there you go.

who gives a crap if someone came in here and bumped this thread up that "you" considered dead. Perhaps they had something they wanted to post and they don't come here often? I mean..should we all just start clearing our "possible posts" with you beforehand Amber? If you have had your fill of the pot being stirred in this forum...then why are you clicking on this thread then? If it upsets you...then I imagine your old enough to just refrain from clicking no?

Yep..tired of the bashing..and tired of people who like to order others around on a message board, where the whole point of having said message board is to post opinions....dead ones or not. I may not agree with his opinions...but the dude has a right to post it 6 months from now if he so chooses.

HELLOOOO...message board..that's what it's here for

None. It's not in our evaluation.
Just one. And he'd do it a lot faster than a City Carrier.
None. Maintenance would file a grievance for crossing crafts.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:36 PM   #51
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
hey, one omerta, before you starting handing out your little speels of advice, try going back and actually reading, i mean, geez, thats what a message board is for.....
i never told him not to post here
nor did i tell him he couldnt
i believe, oh wait here, allow me to quote my self
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) dude dead thread
hmmmmmmm
looks to me like a statement. which is what it was intended as, if it was popping up new to him, well, dandy, it was old to the rest of us, and my sharing of my opinions is no different than the sharing of his, im not telling him not to, if he wants to start a new thread to do so, then by god, go for it. its common knowledge that most members find it irritating when old dead threads are brought up gain, especially ones as inflammatory as this one.
plus, i just dont know what your deal is, you act like ive ran over your dog or something, and this is the first post i have ever made in relation to you, why are you all over my case about something that had nothing to do with you in the first place?
now, this may be hard for you to understand, but by telling him that, i wasnt bumping up the thread, but trying to start to cut off some of the crap before it started
and no, you dont have to clear anything with me first, im a member here, although i dont like to see fighting on the board, it makes it harder to come here, im sorry if thats all you get out of this place, but i think of a lot of people on here as my friends...anyways, im just like anyone else, if you want to go out and make retarded posts without reading what other people have said, feel free, looks like youre well on your way.

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller
Old 02-05-2005, 06:54 PM   #52
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) hey, one omerta, before you starting handing out your little speels of advice, try going back and actually reading, i mean, geez, thats what a message board is for.....
i never told him not to post here
nor did i tell him he couldnt
i believe, oh wait here, allow me to quote my self

if your going to quote yourself...you can at least include the part where you told him he shouldn't have bumped it up here...I'll do it for ya

Quote: Quote: (Originally Posted by fluttergirl) just because you can doesnt mean you should
it just stirs the pot, and im sick of that particular one being stirred, ive had my fill

Quote: hmmmmmmm
looks to me like a statement. which is what it was intended as, if it was popping up new to him, well, dandy, it was old to the rest of us, and my sharing of my opinions is no different than the sharing of his, im not telling him not to, if he wants to start a new thread to do so, then by god, go for it.

looks to me like you told him he could....but he shouldn't have, because you've had your fill. Sounds to me like you told him what to do

Quote: its common knowledge that most members find it irritating when old dead threads are brought up gain, especially ones as inflammatory as this one.

I agree....most members do, and I'm no exception...however one thing that irks me the most after all these years on these message boards...is other people deciding who should or shouldn't post to what. If the thread wasn't to be commented on...then by god it should have been deleted if it was such a problem for the 2 people that even bother to come here to this forum anymore LOL!

Quote: plus, i just dont know what your deal is, you act like ive ran over your dog or something, and this is the first post i have ever made in relation to you, why are you all over my case about something that had nothing to do with you in the first place?

my dog is fine, thanks...and hmmm **looks around**...no deal here. Just commenting and sharing my opinions....as you are. Nothing said on a message board riles me up enough to make it a "deal". I just shared my opinion like everyone else does here.

Quote: now, this may be hard for you to understand, but by telling him that, i wasnt bumping up the thread, but trying to start to cut off some of the crap before it started

I'm not 2...likely I'm old enough to be your mother lol...so no problem understanding here.

Quote: im sorry if thats all you get out of this place, but i think of a lot of people on here as my friends...anyways, im just like anyone else, if you want to go out and make retarded posts without reading what other people have said, feel free, looks like youre well on your way.

I guess I don't go to most bb's to form lasting friendships..but rather to interact in conversations that are posted. Sure...I've made my share of online friends thru the years since Creednet...some of them I'm rather close to...but what I get out of any bb...is conversation, and to share opinions on things that I'm interested in. Nothing more...nothing less. I've been a member on this board for at least a year....give or take....and I've rarely posted unless it's something I feel I want to say. If it makes you feel better to call my posts retarded (which btw..is an offensive term in itself) then go right ahead. But know that I DO read before I post. In fact...most of the time at all the bb's I go to...reading is all I do.

Now...thanks for letting me share my opinion in this thread

Old 02-05-2005, 07:15 PM   #53
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Its hard to tell when a thread is dead or not on this forum. There are VERY few posts on this board per day. I have sometimes seen days go by before a new post is put on a WHOLE BOARD. I don't see how one can tell what a dead thread is on here. On most message boards, a thread that hasn't been posted in for a whole day is dead by a LONG shot, but such is not the case on this board because it is tiny. Hence, how can a topic be dead when it is only six or seven down from the top?

And once again, I NEVER bashed Stapp in this topic. I merely stated that in the past I have and in the future I will, and that I have not suddenly changed since the breakup of Creed. I NEVER liked him, but I wasn't emphasizing WHY I don't, I was just emphasizing the fact that I NEVER have, and hence, I am not one who jsut suddenly started verbally abusing him as soon as Creed broke up.

And fluttergirl, you say you are sick of topics like this? Than why on freaking earth are you POSTING in one, huh?
Old 02-05-2005, 07:28 PM   #54
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
1, this is hardly about stapp anymore, it you two being mature little people by posting those awesomely cool little zingers that go straight to me, and, oh, just hurt so bad....
so no, by posting anything, im not stirring anything up or making anything worse. posting in a thread doesnt mean you are posting about a thread
2you can try and draw whatever you want to from what i have said
doesnt change that i didnt say that
just because you can do things, doesnt mean you should. i could kill a person, but i dont. me posting that i dont like it is my opinion, not a statement of what he should do. if i the presumptions to knowing him enough to actually think i could tell him he shouldnt do something, then i will, i havent told anyone what to do, period.
steve only deletes threads that have becume problems, not the ones you deign should be deleted. whos being presumptuous now?
3 yes, there was a deal, you came out of nowhere and attacked me for posting my opinion, and then try to twist what im saying to make it sound like im denying another person of their opinion. if you took offense to my statement, you shouldnt have
your age is irrelevant, this isnt 'whos going to need botox first', this is a message board. knowledge does not comethrough age, but stubborness seems to....
and like i said, and now youre referencing to be an ass i guess, you dont have to clear anything with anyone. its a board.
uncertaindrummer, the # from the top isnt a good source, erhaps the dates would be a better thing to look to.
if youre referencing why the stapp forum hasnt had any activity, its because his cd hasnt come out, and theres nothing eles outstanding for him to do, pretty much all the stapp fans are just waiting right now.
as for the whole forum, theres usually 2-3 pages when i havent been here in a day or two.
again, reinterating, i was posting in an attempt to keep crap from being stirred. apparently, that was out of line of me.
how i dare i give a shit about people on this board, youre right.
ill just stay out of here. you two kids have fun talking more smack, i hope someday youll grow and up and get over it.

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller

Last edited by fluttergirl : 02-05-2005 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:47 PM   #55
Agent D
USER INFO »
Fluttergirl, you rock.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:49 PM   #56
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
If this thread continues in this fashion, it will get locked. It seems to be going nowhere.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:53 PM   #57
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
please do
i dont mean that in a smart ass way
i dont think anything else will come of it

-Amber

-Ferris Bueller
Old 02-05-2005, 08:30 PM   #58
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
Quote: you can try and draw whatever you want to from what i have said
doesnt change that i didnt say that

Quote: i havent told anyone what to do, period.

ahhh, but you did...and I quoted you...period

Quote: steve only deletes threads that have becume problems, not the ones you deign should be deleted. whos being presumptuous now?

Did I ASK for the thread to be deleted? I think you might want to take your own advise...and READ the posts before making a "deal" out of it. I'll repeat it for you since you didn't get it the first time. What I said was, if the thread wasn't to be commented on anymore...then by god it should have been deleted then. While it may annoy you and lots of us when people bump up dead topics....it's a FREE Country and their right to bump it if they have something to say...even if what they say isn't agreeable to everyone.

Quote: 3 yes, there was a deal, you came out of nowhere and attacked me for posting my opinion, and then try to twist what im saying to make it sound like im denying another person of their opinion. if you took offense to my statement, you shouldnt have

I came out of nowhere? LOL...sorry...but am I a ghost? FYI...I don't spend much time on the bb's because, well, I'm just too busy to spend alot of time at the various boards that interest me. When I have the time to make the rounds...I do.

Quote: your age is irrelevant, this isnt 'whos going to need botox first', this is a message board. knowledge does not comethrough age, but stubborness seems to....

you spoke to me like I was a child, and I was letting you know otherwise. Since your making snide remarks about botox...(which I assure you...I would never get botox...nor do I need it LOL) in an attempt to make me feel old, let me point out snidely that your spelling and grammer needs some improvement.

You made a big deal out of someone bumping this thread...yet you continued to bump it yourself by posting to it as well. I posted an opinion about that fact...get over it. If your offended by my opinion on that...then you need to step away from the computer and not take this so seriously. I know I don't.

Lock the thread...seems to be the norm these days anyway.

Old 02-05-2005, 08:36 PM   #59
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Ok, enough of this. Closing...
Closed Thread