++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 05:13 PM   #16
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by fly1853) Agreed Steve, but you know, he's not all bad and he's not all good. What do you think the reason is that Creed actually made it to the 10 year mark? Everybody's concentrating on why they broke up, but why they stuck it out for as long as they have with Stapp "being the way he is", nobody seems to want to hear. If he was such an ass, why didn't they call it right from the start and tell him "to hell with you"?

I agree with what you're saying, Fly. I don't think Stapp is as bad as everyone makes him out to be.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-29-2004, 05:28 PM   #17
fly1853
USER INFO »
I just think when he's in a good state he can charm the pants right off of anyone, and when he's in an asshole mode he can be a real asshole. Makes him not much different from most of us. It's just a lot easier to remember the bad times than it is the good times. With this solo career he's been given another chance. What he makes out of it is entirely in his hands, musically and persona vise. I know he can turn it around, if he only wants to.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:37 PM   #18
Agent D
USER INFO »
I think for a lot of the people around here, it came as a crushing blow to hear such negative things from Flip and Tremo as opposed to the media. Because honestly, how many of us believed the things we heard on TV about Scott? They blow everything out of proportion but when his own bandmates begin talking about what a prick he is, I started to get worried. But whatever, it's about music and I still love Scott as well as Alter Bridge.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:44 PM   #19
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) But whatever, it's about music and I still love Scott as well as Alter Bridge.

^^And that's exactly how it should be. Worship the music, not the guy who creates it. We don't know Stapp personally. We only know him musically. I think you gotta draw the line. I think Stapp's awesome musically, but I don't know how he is personally and thus, I can't say he's an angel in real life. No one on this board can because none of us know him personally. Just like we can't say Tremonti, Philips and Marshall are angels in real life,(outside of music) either. And I agree about the media blowing things out of proportion. I'm used to that happening.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 12-30-2004, 09:30 PM   #20
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) I think for a lot of the people around here, it came as a crushing blow to hear such negative things from Flip and Tremo as opposed to the media. Because honestly, how many of us believed the things we heard on TV about Scott? They blow everything out of proportion but when his own bandmates begin talking about what a prick he is, I started to get worried. But whatever, it's about music and I still love Scott as well as Alter Bridge.
i agree but i want your avi its way coooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 12-30-2004, 10:22 PM   #21
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fly1853) I just think when he's in a good state he can charm the pants right off of anyone, and when he's in an asshole mode he can be a real asshole. Makes him not much different from most of us. It's just a lot easier to remember the bad times than it is the good times. With this solo career he's been given another chance. What he makes out of it is entirely in his hands, musically and persona vise. I know he can turn it around, if he only wants to.

Very well said.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:49 PM   #22
fly1853
USER INFO »
Thanks Alicia

Who's to say he doesn't read here or has friends on different boards? I'm sure most of the bashers even count on it. Why say negative stuff about him if he never finds out about it, right? And maybe those friends have tried to tell people that he's really not so bad, but left because who's gonna believe them anyway? It's much easier to love a good guy than to even like a person with whom you never know what you get from one minute to another. Accepting just that is the secret to a real friendship, as hard as it is. And now I'm totally off topic..sorry
Old 12-30-2004, 10:52 PM   #23
Agent D
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by creedsister) i agree but i want your avi its way coooooooooooooooooooooooooool

lol thanks
Old 12-30-2004, 11:14 PM   #24
fly1853
USER INFO »
..and it doesn't freak me out one bit
Old 12-31-2004, 02:55 AM   #25
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fly1853) Who's to say he doesn't read here or has friends on different boards? I'm sure most of the bashers even count on it. Why say negative stuff about him if he never finds out about it, right? And maybe those friends have tried to tell people that he's really not so bad, but left because who's gonna believe them anyway? It's much easier to love a good guy than to even like a person with whom you never know what you get from one minute to another. Accepting just that is the secret to a real friendship, as hard as it is. And now I'm totally off topic..sorry

Fly...you are not off topic by saying that acceptance of someone for who they are in both good and bad times makes a friendship...that is part
of any friendship worth it's salt...i agree with that wholeheartedly. Yet a friend would not air "dirty laundry" on a public message board, they would have more respect.

They would however be there in good conscience, to support him, and when he was being a butthead, a friend would tell him, but not in the public arena, or they would hold their silence until such time as they could tell him face to face.

I agree that anyone who knew/knows him, probably has gotten fed up with the negativity and probably post very little if at all...but yeah, odds are they do read...

What gets me is as you say, where he goes with his solo career is up to him, the choices he makes are his and at at the end of the day isn't that where where it should be left...and yet so many on the BB circut seem to feel they know him better than he knows himself, that he should be doing "this" and has no right to do "that"...

since i have been around it has always been this way, sadly...he's been bashed, trashed, lifted up and lowered down, cussed out and praised..and sometimes in the same breath (post)...then there have also been the occasional "thank you's", too...sincere or otherwise...yet he continued to sing with the passion and feeling that made him so special to many and disliked by others.

i'll leave this post with a few lines from two of Creeds songs...Weathered and Bullets...always liked what they said...

Weathered

Believe what you will
That is your right
But I choose to win
I choose to fight

Bullets

Said why...Why do we live our life
With all this hate inside
I'll give it away
'Cause I don't want it no more
Old 12-31-2004, 12:16 PM   #26
fly1853
USER INFO »
Ann, I don't want to take anything away from your post, because I do agree as far as friendship goes, and the way things were handled after the break up.
Who really knows how much shit it took for Tremonti and Phillips to take before they walked away? How much anger and frustration they had in themselves to actually make statements as such toward fans and the press. And the reason Stapp turned away instead of talking to the guys? Was he as hurt as everybody at the mess they ALL created? How many promises to each other had been broken before they blew it all to hell?

The fans really were put in a horrible position to have to chose, and nobody on any message board can tell me that as long as they're still participating in conversations like this one, "it's all about the music". It's about fallen "heroes".
Old 12-31-2004, 04:32 PM   #27
HigherGirl
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by EvenStream) Anyone else sick of people giving Stapp a hard time now, but when he was in Creed they said he was God?, I don't mind the ones who say they won't like his solo stuff because if your do ya do and if ya don't ya don't but to badmouth his look and stuff like that now Creed's over just SUCKS!

I LOVE Scott and always will!!!! He is still awesome and he has a great voice I will always LOVE Creed wheather they are together or NOT!!!
Old 01-01-2005, 03:59 AM   #28
Disillusioned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by fly1853) Who really knows how much shit it took for Tremonti and Phillips to take before they walked away? How much anger and frustration they had in themselves to actually make statements as such toward fans and the press. And the reason Stapp turned away instead of talking to the guys? Was he as hurt as everybody at the mess they ALL created? How many promises to each other had been broken before they blew it all to hell?
*ding, ding, ding* we have a winner...I think you hit the nail on the head!
Old 01-01-2005, 11:16 AM   #29
fly1853
USER INFO »
Still, it doesn't make it right to air your privat beef with someone on the internet and turn as many people as possible against your former friend/bandmate. If we all did this just to make ourselves look better, who'd be left to trust us?

Some people call Stapp delusional for not acknowledging what's been said, but maybe he's just respecting what they had together and in turn their fans. If this doesn't mean shit to the band members, it sure means a lot to me as a Creed fan.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:42 AM   #30
Scotts Angel
USER INFO »
I have to agree fly. I think Scott does not want to bash his friends/former bandmates. I don't think he wants to burn anymore bridges between them, especially if there is ever a chance they can put thier differences aside and come together even as friends, and/or a band in the future.

I don't think it's fair for any of us to bash ANY OF THE MEMBERS OF CREED, as we have not been there behind the scenes all these years. I also think sometimes fans start bashing certain members, as a way to deal with what has happened. We know everyone likes to have someone to blame, and since the finger has been pointed at Scott, and we have not heard much from Scott, it's easy for some people to do. I am just as anxious (very impatiently I might say), as anyone to see what is happening with Scott's future career!

Eagerly waiting,

Scotts Angel
Closed Thread