++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-06-2004, 06:10 PM   #1
hayley
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Relearn Love

I have finally heard Relearn Love.

Now I'm not going to complain, but I really don't like this song. I think it is because I expected something very different from Scott. I'll just give my opinion.

I'll say the good things first, it is very good to hear his voice once again, he's still got it voice wise. The lyrics are great, very touching and deep. The verses are quite catchy, can't help but sing along to them.

The are a few reasons why I don't like the song. The girl that is singing in the background really pisses me off, it makes the song sound poppy-ish. I expected more from the guitar, I mean anyone could pick up a guitar and strum out those simple chords, it's very repetitave. And the thing that dissapoints me the most in this song, and it really does make me feel disapointed, is the part after "You gave me the greatest gift of all and you set me free". The techo. Ugh. That's what it is to me, techno, I really didn't like that part, and I think it put me off the song completley.

I'm just really, really disapointed with Scott, I knew that his music would be different, and I know that you can't judge an artist on just one song, I am going to give him the chance, and hope that his songs will get better. Right now I don't think I will buy his album but get it copied and then make up my mind. I'm sorry, but i'm just really dissapointed and I thought this song was going to be a great ROCK song.

But the lyrics are good.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 09-06-2004, 08:21 PM   #2
Shadow
USER INFO »
I'm sorry to hear you don't like the song Hayley. I absolutely love it. I loved it the first time I heard it and I love it even more now. It's just so good to hear his voice.

Just keep in mind where this song is coming. Scott wrote this song with a whole different frame of mind, then writing the song for a Creed album. In the very early stages of this song, he knew it was going to be for the POTC cd. I believe he just had the chorus written when he found out he was going to use it for POTC.

I'm sure when his solo album comes out it will be more rock. He has said so himself.

Give Relearn Love another chance. (But I know what you mean about the female backup singers. After awhile, you just don't hear it anymore. At least I don't.)
Old 09-06-2004, 08:43 PM   #3
creedgirl99
USER INFO »
I just heard part of the song....I thought it was great!
Old 09-06-2004, 10:27 PM   #4
JenRN
USER INFO »
I LOVE the song, and the funny thing is I don't even notice the female singers?.... I am so enthralled with his voice that I just hear him. I agree about the song, it is for the movie, and inspirational song. I think the words are beautiful and touching. His voice is so comforting to me that I feel like someone wrapped a warm blanket on me. I think that his solo music will be a little more rock-ish. But I am pleased with this song, after seeing the movie and now listening to the song, I can appreciate it even more. As far as techno, well..... I don't hear it like that, it has a wide mix of music to it, from slow to medium pace. I just am so focused on "the voice" that I don't pay as much attention to the music. I think that his solo career will be great. It is ok to not like it haley, eveyone is entitled to an opinion

~Lenny Kravitz
"Baptized"
Old 09-07-2004, 01:47 AM   #5
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
personally, "Relearn Love" speaks to me in a very positive way, and that's what matters to me...and of course, just hearing stapp's voice, man...like i 've said before, it's like water for a thirsty soul...and i believe that what he will come up with on his solo album will surprise a lot of people.

i'm not going to tell you to keep listening to the song, like a lot of people did for the AB album, because if you are disappointed, haley, then you have already decided how you feel about the song...and only you can change your mind, if you choose to...nobody else will change it for you...thank you for your honest opinion.

at least you liked the lyrics, haley...so that's something...
Old 09-07-2004, 04:06 AM   #6
musiclover291
USER INFO »
I happen to love "Relearn Love" the words the voice and even the music and when you listen to song on the CD I think it blends in well with the other songs. This weekend I watch the movie for the first time and then listen to the CD and it's just no words it just heals your soul in some magical way. I think some people like it and others hate it's just a matter of your personal taste.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:17 AM   #7
hayley
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Shadow) I'm sure when his solo album comes out it will be more rock. He has said so himself.
I really hope so. I just feel that I can't warm to this song much at all, I do agree that it is awesome to hear his voice again, that really fires me up, but the song just doesn't do anything for me.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) haley, then you have already decided how you feel about the song...and only you can change your mind, if you choose to...nobody else will change it for you...thank you for your honest opinion.
That's true. I do listen to the song, basically for the sake of hearing Scott's voice, there's just no feeling in it for me. You're right though, I think once you don't like a song, you don't really grow into it very much.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) at least you liked the lyrics, haley...so that's something...
Haha yeah. The lyrics are good, they are very touching.

We'll see, I am very curious about his whole album at the end of the year.

Old 09-07-2004, 06:12 AM   #8
Lucy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) I LOVE the song, and the funny thing is I don't even notice the female singers?.... I am so enthralled with his voice that I just hear him. I agree about the song, it is for the movie, and inspirational song. I think the words are beautiful and touching. His voice is so comforting to me that I feel like someone wrapped a warm blanket on me. I think that his solo music will be a little more rock-ish. But I am pleased with this song, after seeing the movie and now listening to the song, I can appreciate it even more. As far as techno, well..... I don't hear it like that, it has a wide mix of music to it, from slow to medium pace. I just am so focused on "the voice" that I don't pay as much attention to the music. I think that his solo career will be great. It is ok to not like it haley, eveyone is entitled to an opinion

Gotta quote every single word you said..

Last edited by Lucy : 09-07-2004 at 06:14 AM.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:47 AM   #9
Sheila63
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by JenRN) I LOVE the song, and the funny thing is I don't even notice the female singers?.... I am so enthralled with his voice that I just hear him. I agree about the song, it is for the movie, and inspirational song. I think the words are beautiful and touching. His voice is so comforting to me that I feel like someone wrapped a warm blanket on me. I think that his solo music will be a little more rock-ish. But I am pleased with this song, after seeing the movie and now listening to the song, I can appreciate it even more. As far as techno, well..... I don't hear it like that, it has a wide mix of music to it, from slow to medium pace. I just am so focused on "the voice" that I don't pay as much attention to the music. I think that his solo career will be great. It is ok to not like it haley, eveyone is entitled to an opinion

Like Lucy, I agree with everything you said, Jen.

I can't believe I didn't even hear the female singers but I was so moved by the words and his voice, I guess I didn't hear them.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Ann Allusion) it's like water for a thirsty soul...

What a beautiful way to put it, Ann. I feel the same way.

Hayley, everyone is right, if you don't like the song, that's okay. We all have different feelings/opinions about music and you certainly have the right to yours as well.

Relearn Love
Old 09-07-2004, 09:32 PM   #10
Kimvan
USER INFO »

I'm another one who agrees with all of what you said, Jen. I didn't really notice the background singers much; and are we sure they're female?? I've just been enthralled (love that choice of word Jen) with his voice too, don't really notice much else. But Hayley, yes of course you are entitled to your opinions, that's what makes this world so interesting - everyone has a different view.

Just give love to all....

Peace, and God Bless
Old 09-08-2004, 10:28 AM   #11
The Lithium
USER INFO »
I agree with you Hayley!! Stapp is awesome, and it's a good and catchy song, I think, after I've heard it quiet a few times... I took me some time to like it. But still... AB owns Relearn Love!!

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 09-08-2004, 02:34 PM   #12
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
geez, what version have you all heard?

I don't hear no females... nor techno...

I'll try it again now, but I don't remember those parts.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:49 PM   #13
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I'm with you, Hayley. I thought the lyrics were great, but the music itself did nothing for me. I'm still looking forward to his solo stuff, because you're right, the voice still sounds great.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:49 PM   #14
hayley
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM) But still... AB owns Relearn Love!!
I'll have to agree with you on that one!

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) geez, what version have you all heard?
My friend in the States sent me a mixed CD and that song was on it, so I don't know where he got it from. I haven't heard it on the radio yet.

Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I don't hear no females... nor techno...

I'll try it again now, but I don't remember those parts.
Weird!

Old 09-08-2004, 07:51 PM   #15
RMadd
USER INFO »
I like the lyrics and all, but the rhythm section just ain't that rockin for me