++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-25-2004, 05:17 PM   #16
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Disillusioned) The next single will of course be Find the Real but there will not be a music video for it. After that the single will be Broken Wings and then In Loving Memory. The next CD will not have ballad songs on it like this so this is why he is releasing those.
Well, I don't know what to believe about that anymore

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-25-2004, 11:29 PM   #17
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
its being stated often that stapp wrote most of the lyrics and weathered lists stapp as vocals/lyrics. its clear that mark wrote quite a bit of the lyrics for creed but stapp was the main lyricist i've always thought.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 11-25-2004, 11:31 PM   #18
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
i don't mind having the odd ballad although perhaps ODR has a few too many. creed's audience is probably going to get polarised with the very different directions the two camps are heading towards.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 11-25-2004, 11:41 PM   #19
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Well, I don't know what to believe about that anymore

That concert was a while ago and that's what Michael and Mark had thought were going to be the next singles.
Old 11-26-2004, 09:45 AM   #20
SaveMe
USER INFO »
Im sorry about all those typos... it was my b-day and i was tired.
Old 11-26-2004, 09:09 PM   #21
BobbyMcGee
USER INFO »
Is totally LMFAO at this thread. Mark wrote 99% of Creed's lyrics umm yeah and pigs fly!

Just for comparison look at Creeds lyrics and A/B lyrics no comparison.

Is still LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!
________
FIX PS3
________
Cat wheels

Last edited by BobbyMcGee : 05-02-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:27 PM   #22
fluttergirl
USER INFO »
Looking...seeing....
why are you laughing?
What is your point?
Was there a point?

-Amber

"A person should not believe in an "-ism," he should believe in himself."
-Ferris Bueller
Old 11-26-2004, 11:34 PM   #23
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Blah, one day remains / shed my skin / watch your words should all be singles.

In loving memory?? Thats my most dis-liked song of the entire CD, and its not because its slow, With Arms Wide Open is one of my favorite songs in the world.

heh 99%, but really when it comes down to it, i dont really give a shit. As long as mark keeps making me music, I will give him my money.

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 11-26-2004, 11:36 PM   #24
Xterminator27
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by BobbyMcGee) Is totally LMFAO at this thread. Mark wrote 99% of Creed's lyrics umm yeah and pigs fly!

Just for comparison look at Creeds lyrics and A/B lyrics no comparison.

Is still LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Denial is the first step

Then shut the hell up and eat your damn lemons!

BUY MY MERCHANDISE
http://www.cafepress.com/xterminator27
Old 11-27-2004, 01:42 AM   #25
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
mark did write some of creed's lyrics and perhaps he wrote 50% of them but the best songs had scott's lyrics. is this the end is but the first example....
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 11-27-2004, 04:17 PM   #26
OneOmerta
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) mark did write some of creed's lyrics and perhaps he wrote 50% of them but the best songs had scott's lyrics. is this the end is but the first example....

I agree. There is no doubt that Mark did indeed write some of Creed's lyrics....but 99%? LOL....no, I don't think so. This whole "who wrote what" bullshit has been going on for YEARS...even back on Creednet. There have been posts made by Michael Tremonti himself...saying that on MOP, STAPP wrote 90% of the album.

GO: Did you write any of the vocal melodies or lyrics on My Own Prison?

Mark: I wrote the lyrics to "Torn" and alot of "Whats this life for." I wrote some lyrics for "My Own Prison" and "Pity for a dime" I ususally sit down and write a guitar line and hum a little melody. What Scotts's real good at is songs like "Unforgiven". I could never write a melody over that choppy verse. He is good at doing the choppy stuff like "Big Sister" (typo on the writers part?) and "Unforgiven". I'm the chorus man, he's the bridge-and-verse guy.

From Michael Tremonti posted on one of the bb's (not sure which one..I think it was PIT):

Quote:
On the MOP album? The first verse and chorus for Whats This Life For. Chorus for Pity For a Dime. Chorus for My Own Prison(the part he sings). I think thats about it on that cd. Scott handled 90% of the lyrics on that cd. Until recently Mark was more of the melody guy than a lyricist.

Michael

Quote:
Some, Mark had no lyrics or melody ideas only music. An example would be Bullets. Mark had the music but no lyrics and had no idea how the song should be sung so Scott did all of that.
Well we were just talking lyrics so on Pity all Mark wrote was "sell my pity for a dime, just one dime." The only reason I even know that was because before Creed started Mark had that song and sang that part all the damn time and hummed the rest of it.

Michael

it's obvious to me by listening to my AB cd...that Mark did NOT write 99% of the lyrics with Creed.

None. It's not in our evaluation.
Just one. And he'd do it a lot faster than a City Carrier.
None. Maintenance would file a grievance for crossing crafts.
Old 11-28-2004, 04:00 AM   #27
Disillusioned
USER INFO »
I started this thread for the purpose of igniting discussion and feedback over what I considered to be, if true, a completely different twist on an issue that has remained somewhat clouded with confusion...the lyrical/musical collaboration of Tremonti and Stapp. My personal reasons for wanting feedback was because up until I became a fan of Alter Bridge, I hadn't ever even lurked, let alone posted at a Creed message board. Although I do gravitate toward controversy, I really was looking for answers.

On the alterbridgeband.net board, one of the mod's from mt.net who was also privy to the Tulsa dinner conversation, stepped in to clarify what went down.

"Hey everyone,

I'm Drew, the other mod at mt.net. Me and Michael (Tig) spent the day with Alter Bridge at the Tulsa show and we happened to run into a member of our board, so he took it upon himself to decide that him and his 2 friends were going to join us. Not that I objected, but just so you know... we didn't ask this guy to come. Things were said at the dinner table that shouldn't be spread over the internet. I've come to find that to be the difference between MT.net and others... is that when someone like Mark entrusts you, someone he knows to be a loyal fan, with information that normally wouldnt be disclosed to the John Q public, you should definately know when and when not to pass that info on to others. For example, the band breaking up... certain people who i dont know wanted to be the ones that were "on the inner circle" and thought they should take it upon themselves to let the world know creed was finished. Do you think Mark would have wanted all of his fans to find out like that? Or do you think he would of rather it been a little less soap-opera?

Considering the majority of members on this board are people who have their vcr timers set to record all their fav soap operas, i guess that makes perfectly good sense.

Mark did NOT say he wrote 90% of the lyrics for Creed, he was talking about the music, and the melody lines. Rumor terminated, by a first hand witness.

Now, what is up with actually bashing another site and saying that one is better than the other? Its not a competition in any stretch of the word. Each one of these boards has its own cliches, thats obvious, but its ridiculous to bash people, or worse, websites, over the internet. Stalkeresque, personalized banners, and Adobe Photoshop do not make a website great. Neither does gossip. Carry on...

When asked the question "What all creed songs did you write?" Mark replied, "Man i wrote 95% of that stuff." Anyone could mistake that when Mark didnt specify that he meant music and melody lines. The guy didnt make a thread about this and make a huge scene, he put it in his fan review and somebody came to your site and blew it out of context and proportion."

*For the record, I wasn't the one who posted this guys review at alterbridgeband.net. I posted it here, and I've already explained my reasons for doing so.

Last edited by Disillusioned : 11-28-2004 at 04:21 AM.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:13 AM   #28
Ann Allusion
USER INFO »
Quote: I really was looking for answers.

and now you, and a lot of others have them.

I've always found it quite interesting that for the number of times this particular subject is brought up and explained, that there are still those that doubt the answer.
Old 11-28-2004, 01:24 PM   #29
evyllsummer
USER INFO »
Yeah, one of the MT.net mods (Drew) came onto abb.net and clarified that Mark was talking about the music and the melody, not lyrics...I would imagine that he wrote a fair amount of lyrics as well, but, yeah, he was NOT talking about lyrics in that remark, according to said mod that was also in attendance...here was the quote, "Mark did NOT say he wrote 90% of the lyrics for Creed, he was talking about the music, and the melody lines. Rumor terminated, by a first hand witness."
Old 11-28-2004, 04:29 PM   #30
creeddane
USER INFO »
like one knew all along....