++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-21-2004, 03:21 PM   #31
Trimontana
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
A live video i think will satisfied everyone...just look at Disturbed videos...they have at least 3 live videos...and i love them!!! But i don't think it will be one for FTR....shame
Old 11-22-2004, 12:20 AM   #32
XenoN
USER INFO »
Ok, time for my two cents.

One thing everyone needs to consider is that the band may not have time to make a video right now. With Myles being sick and the immense amount of tour dates (and the fact that they're in Europe), there's not a lot of time for a video. These guys are constantly on the go.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see the video, and even a live video would work for Find the Real. Nickelback's "Never Again" had such a huge story behind it, and the video for it ended up just being a live video.

If Wind Up has anything to do with holding back the making of a video, I'd have to say it's because they're too wound up (no pun intended) in pushing the Creed Greatest Hits album (which, IMO, is almost a waste. It's a good thing it comes with a DVD because everyone has all THREE creed albums anyway, and the greater half of the greatest hits is from Weathered anyway). It may be a stupid thing to say that Wind Up put off making a video to release a compilation (which may just be me venting on the CD anyway...

I believe that Find the Real is a terrific song to release as a second single for a few reasons. Now that there's a bit of attention on the radio waves, other people who shelved AB for being "too Creed" will realize that AB kicks much more ass and shouldn't just a book by it's cover. A video should be made because there are still people whose major source of music knowledge still lies in the boob tube.

I'm not too entirely worked up about it, because On Broken Wings will definitely be the next single (ILM is too emotional of a song for AB's radio image - same reason why Creed released WAWO instead of "Wash Away Those Years" off of Human Clay. On the other hand, people seem to enjoy songs like Evanescence's "My Immortal", so who knows), and there WILL be a video for it, hands down. If there isn't, whoever's in charge of that will be shot and dragged behind the tour bus.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:29 AM   #33
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
But i don't see why it is such a big deal to just record a them play live and slap it to the album track. You can do that in a day. It won't take much time at all.

Meh what do I know? I just really want them to break out and become popular among a lot of rock fans. I just think they could do something so badass for this song.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:44 PM   #34
cariocawlad
USER INFO »
In my opinion, the time is now for they make a big move and become a more popular band. This is the perfect song and a badass video could take them to a higher stage.
Look velvet Revolver and the Falling Pieces video: It's a polemic video that catches the Rock fans's atention to it. Wake up boys and make a video!!

P.S.: Where are Michael when we need him?

Down to My Last - Alter Bridge
Old 11-23-2004, 02:49 PM   #35
RockGoddess
USER INFO »
I didn't read the whole thread so forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but things look very good for a FTR video. That's from Michael Tremonti as of Nov. 20th.
Old 11-23-2004, 02:55 PM   #36
Disillusioned
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) I didn't read the whole thread so forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but things look very good for a FTR video. That's from Michael Tremonti as of Nov. 20th.
Yeah I read that over at the alterbridgeband board and as I said over there, I would think that if FTR shows promise on the radio, it will increase the likely-hood of a video release *crosses fingers* According to Media Base (which tracks radio spins), FTR is already at #29 on the Rock chart and #35 on the Active Rock chart ...sounds promising to me
Old 11-23-2004, 07:40 PM   #37
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by cariocawlad)
P.S.: Where are Michael when we need him?
On a Tour Bus!!! lol...

OK... so here's what i'm thinking...

Compromise... Instead of a "Music Video"... Alter Bridge should do a Live Concert on Fuse like many other bands have done... That was they won't have to worry about taking time off of tour (fuse would just tape one of their shows on their tour) and people would see Alter Bridge in the Best way possible... LIVE.
Alter Bridge's greatest attribute (like creed) is their LIVE show.

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 11-24-2004, 04:01 AM   #38
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by RockGoddess) I didn't read the whole thread so forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but things look very good for a FTR video. That's from Michael Tremonti as of Nov. 20th.

Thank you, I am glad that they are considering a video for it. I have heard nothin but good things from people!
Old 11-24-2004, 11:45 AM   #39
AndrewFromABRox
USER INFO »
HAs this song been released to the radio yet??
Old 11-25-2004, 03:39 PM   #40
Trees of Wisdom
USER INFO »
I want to see if FTR has made it onto the billboard charts. I'm checking by the minute since it's Thursday and billboard updates its site.