++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Alter Bridge Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-30-2004, 07:48 PM   #1
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
11/11/2004 - Green Bay, WI - Riverside Ballroom

Post your reviews here.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-29-2004, 09:18 PM   #2
Mr.Anderson
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via ICQ to Mr.Anderson Send a message via AIM to Mr.Anderson Send a message via MSN to Mr.Anderson Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Anderson
First off this was my second AB show and I must say it was much better than the one at the Rave.

My friend and I arrived at the Ballroom around 5:30 pm. We would of got there earlier but the instructions I wrote down kinda sucked. Anyways I after we arrived we stood in line for awhile but quickly headed over to nearest McDonalds to get some warm food. After that I gave Musicman72 (Neil), Aerocreed (Christi), and Creedfeed (Steve) a call. Got to speak with all of them accept for Neil who I heard came down with the flu. After that I met up with Christi in the line. One of the coolest people I met and the person I pretty much hung out with the whole concert. I also spoke with Steve who was a really cool guy also. After waiting in line for awhile we had the guys from Crossfade come out and do an interview. Definately a pretty interesting thing to watch, also after that we had AB come out too which I must say I was happy to be at the back of the line for. At about 6:55 I believe the doors opened and we quickly headed towards the front of the venue.

I had a pretty good standing spot at this concert for atleast the first part of it. I was pretty much second row front and center. I also met up with Amber again too who was in the front row because she got to sit in the sound check. Well Anyways at about 7:30 Submersed came on and lit up the crowd I was really enjoying myself until about half way through the set we had an idiot that starting moshing. This dude by the way would be there for the entire thing and ruin the concert for a lot of people. I had to make sure I looked out for Amber and such because I said I would. Later on I switched positions with a lady so I could do a better job of it. But it pretty much went unappreciated as usual lol. So yeah Submersed rocked the house. They played an instrumental from there second album or something like that. Pretty Metal Heavy I must say.

Next up was Crossfade. This time around I must say they did a much better job. It was much easier to get into but I really couldn't move to much because of the fool beside me. Had to look out for those I care about and such. But yeah Crossfade's set was much better, they even brought up DC from Submersed to help out with Disco, which was a fantastic touch. Next up AB

I must say I can never get used to these guys on Stage. Each time I see them I nearly cry. They opened with ODR as usual and they lit up the crowd. Through the night they pretty much played the usual set but added a few treats. They played a cover of Rock and Roll by Zepplin. My mouth hit the floor as they rocked the hell out of the cover. And Myles voice blew me away. Next they goofed around for awhile with covers up AC/DC, Sweet Home Alabama, Stand Up And Shout and then dove into DTML. After that we had the usual encore but then we also had Stetna again . What was extremely cool about this is that we had a guitar showdown between Mark and Troy. I was crying as two of my favorites battled it out with killer shredding. Truely amazing. After that they all went into Highway Star and then finished with OYE. I couldnt believe what I just saw.

After that I was going to attempt to talk to Amber again but she had a new friend that she made and looked pretty busy with him so I went on my way. Me, Christi, and my friend Ian went about our business. She grabbed the set list from Mike and we headed to the bar to wait until the guys came out. As we waited I told a couple of uninteresting stories and got some laughs even though I don't think they were funny. After awhile I went to say HI to the guys in Submersed. They all recognized me which I must say was cool. Garret was the first to point me out hehe. After that I chated a little with TJ who I really didnt get to talk to much last concert. As time progressed AB finally came out. Being casaul and such I talked to each one of them finally for a good amount of time to. Got my much need pics with Brian and Myles (Thanks Christi) and then kinda stood around and shot the shit for awhile with the guys. I even got a shoe picture with Mark considering we wear the same kicks.

Anyways it was a eventful night. Pretty damn good concert. But the emotional stuff kinda dogged me the whole time as usual. I figured it was going to happen but wasn't expecting it at the AB concert. Anyways I'm looking forward to the next concert and hopefully meeting some more of you.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:32 PM   #3
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Great review, Mr.Anderson, and I glad you had such a kick-ass time. Thanks for sharing!