++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 09-24-2009, 03:11 PM   #46
Agent D
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: What's everyone's opionion on 'Rain'?

I can't believe that people would expect Creed to put out the same sound as they did in 1997. They're not going to release post-grunge sounding music in 2009. Bands' sounds evolve and change. And Wind-Up is certainly not going invest a lot of money into this whole thing without making sure it's marketable to today's tastes. Do you guys want them to be like some pathetic 80s hair band that tours still and plays the same crap over and over that's way out of style? Or do you want the band to change and remain current like so many others have?
Old 09-24-2009, 03:25 PM   #47
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) I can't believe that people would expect Creed to put out the same sound as they did in 1997. They're not going to release post-grunge sounding music in 2009. Bands' sounds evolve and change. And Wind-Up is certainly not going invest a lot of money into this whole thing without making sure it's marketable to today's tastes. Do you guys want them to be like some pathetic 80s hair band that tours still and plays the same crap over and over that's way out of style? Or do you want the band to change and remain current like so many others have?

Rain is nice but that's it, nice. If changing their sound to keep up with the latest music trends satisfies you then that's your problem.

-Homer Simpson

Old 09-24-2009, 03:29 PM   #48
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) Rain is nice but that's it, nice. If changing their sound to keep up with the latest music trends satisfies you then that's your problem.

And you're judging the whole album on one song. It's idiotic how everyone is such a prisoner of the moment. When "Overcome" came out, everyone shit their pants and screamed "Creed is back!" Now everyone's bitching that they've softened (as if they were ever that heavy to begin with).
Old 09-24-2009, 03:36 PM   #49
shunammite
USER INFO »

Well - it takes me a long time to "connect" with new music so I really don't have too much of an opinion on the sound - sounds all right to me. But I think the lyrics bring something fresh to the idea of "rain". Usually rain is a negative in the many songs about it - I think it's gonna rain when I die, don't rain on my parade, rainy day women, into every life some rain must fall but too much is fallin in mine to mention a few. Well this song acknowledges the rain, says yep it's gonna keep comin - but says you get cleaned up by it or something. I have so enjoyed listening to Creed again - hadn't listened AT ALL since they broke up - so glad they were able to bury the hatchet - the split didn't change the music but somehow I couldn't listen to it when they were so mad at each other.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:01 PM   #50
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) And you're judging the whole album on one song. It's idiotic how everyone is such a prisoner of the moment. When "Overcome" came out, everyone shit their pants and screamed "Creed is back!" Now everyone's bitching that they've softened (as if they were ever that heavy to begin with).

I'm very tired of people like you that have to attack everyone that has anything negative to say about Creed. It is possible to like something and critisize it at the same time.
What does refering to people with differing opinions as "idiotic" do for you?

-Homer Simpson

Old 09-24-2009, 05:16 PM   #51
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) I'm very tired of people like you that have to attack everyone that has anything negative to say about Creed. It is possible to like something and critisize it at the same time.
What does refering to people with differing opinions as "idiotic" do for you?

It's not the difference of opinion that's idiotic, it's the rushing to that opinion that's idiotic. I've seen plenty of people saying how awesome the album will be when Overcome came out and now that Rain is out and they don't like the song, they same people are now saying the album will suck and Creed had sold out. That's idiotic.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:24 PM   #52
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) It's not the difference of opinion that's idiotic, it's the rushing to that opinion that's idiotic. I've seen plenty of people saying how awesome the album will be when Overcome came out and now that Rain is out and they don't like the song, they same people are now saying the album will suck and Creed had sold out. That's idiotic.

How long does a person have to wait before forming their opinion? Are there a number of minutes, days or hours a person has to wait before you will rush to judjement on their opinion?

-Homer Simpson

Old 09-24-2009, 05:27 PM   #53
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) How long does a person have to wait before forming their opinion? Are there a number of minutes, days or hours a person has to wait before you will rush to judjement on their opinion?

Until you can hear the entire album in one sitting.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:41 PM   #54
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Until you can hear the entire album in one sitting.

This thread is about the song Rain wich I've heard in "ONE SITTING" and found it boring.

-Homer Simpson

Old 09-24-2009, 05:44 PM   #55
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) This thread is about the song Rain wich I've heard in "ONE SITTING" and found it boring.

Then that must mean the album will be terrible and Creed sucks now, right?
Old 09-24-2009, 05:51 PM   #56
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Agent D) Then that must mean the album will be terrible and Creed sucks now, right?

Are you twelve years old? Creed might be the most perfect and wonderful thing in your life but to me they're just a great band along with so many others.
My objection was to your attempt to shut down critisizm but I don't share this emotional attatchment your displaying.

-Homer Simpson

Old 09-24-2009, 05:55 PM   #57
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by eusebioCBR) Are you twelve years old? Creed might be the most perfect and wonderful thing in your life but to me they're just a great band along with so many others.
My objection was to your attempt to shut down critisizm but I don't share this emotional attatchment your displaying.

lol wow. No, they're not perfect to me at all. I'm just saying you dislike one of twelve songs that will be on the album. That's not too bad. I don't know how you felt about Overcome but there's ten other songs on the album that could very well be really heavy and to your liking.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:57 PM   #58
razzroe
USER INFO »

what does before i die sound like?was it supposed to be on full circle?
Old 09-24-2009, 05:59 PM   #59
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Rain is amazing, end of story...I've heard more positive about the song then negative so far.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:59 PM   #60
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by razzroe) what does before i die sound like?was it supposed to be on full circle?

No, no, that was written years ago by Tremonti by himself and it was about pot or something.