++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-10-2004, 03:00 PM   #76
ctfan
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I wonder how many people will attend those free concerts. And I wonder how many Creed songs he'll play.

Hmmm, can't say, but I'm sure people will enjoy them, and they'll be great!
Old 11-10-2004, 03:05 PM   #77
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by TeriB19) Wow, how about a little respect for the Administrator of this board? If you don't like the way Steve runs his board, there's the door, don't let it hit you in the ass.

When he shows a bit more respect for it's members, he'll get it in return. To threaten to cut and paste my replies, simply because he didn't like my earlier comments was a bit childish. I didn't bash anyone, I wasn't ugly in my comments, and I didn't speak out of turn to Steve.

As for the door hitting me in my ass on the way out....you'll be the first to know
Old 11-10-2004, 03:07 PM   #78
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) sweet!!!

But I do hope it hits you in the ass!

Kissing ass BOC?
Old 11-10-2004, 04:28 PM   #79
WhatsUrCreed
USER INFO »
I dont understand how this forum even has a stapp and creed community section. It all seems biased towards AB one way or another...
Old 11-10-2004, 05:05 PM   #80
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) So...nothing. If that's what the band members of Alter Bridge wanted to do, and the fans enjoyed the show, who's bitching? I'm not....

I was discussing AB ticket prices on the West Coast that's all. I even said that if I was wrong, for someone to please correct me. What is with some of you people?? Damn, I get threatened with having my comments cut and pasted all over this website, just because of my freakin opinion.

Because in a thread discussing Stapp's rendition of a song he sung on live television, you bring up Alter Bridge and their ticket prices, insinuating they set prices at certain levels to be sure they can draw a crowd. My simple response was that when Stapp starts touring, and if he has $9.99 ticket prices, I'll simply quote what you said. Will you have the same opinion of Stapp then? Because your opinion of AB and their prices isn't very positive.

Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) 9.99 for a ticket on the west coast, like I said before I have no idea why unless it's to fill venues because I've heard nothing of any kind of special promotion, fan appreciation ticket rate, or radio deal

My whole point is that there are some people who are die-hard Stapp fans, or die-hard AB fans. Some of those die-hard Stapp fans get angry when they see AB fans bashing Stapp. Yet, these Stapp fans are doing the same exact thing, and don't even realize it.

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"

Last edited by Steve : 11-10-2004 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:08 PM   #81
Steve
Administrator
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Steve Send a message via MSN to Steve
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) When he shows a bit more respect for it's members, he'll get it in return. To threaten to cut and paste my replies, simply because he didn't like my earlier comments was a bit childish. I didn't bash anyone, I wasn't ugly in my comments, and I didn't speak out of turn to Steve.

Wow I never knew copying and pasting a message made on a public message board is disrespectful....

The things that I've loved the things that I've lost
The things I've held sacred that I've dropped
I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget
- Audioslave, "Doesn't Remind Me"
Old 11-10-2004, 06:20 PM   #82
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Steve) Wow I never knew copying and pasting a message made on a public message board is disrespectful....
Wow, I can't believe how disrespectful you are, copying and pasting all that stuff. Geez, ya think ya know a guy.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-10-2004, 07:11 PM   #83
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by ctfan) When he shows a bit more respect for it's members, he'll get it in return.

Um, try fricken GIVING respect and MAYBE you'll get it. This is Steve's site and he can do or say anything he damn well pleases. And for the record, he was not being disrespectful in his post. He was trying to get you to defend a pretty lame irrelevant argument, which, it is apparent, you could not do.

Quote: To threaten to cut and paste my replies, simply because he didn't like my earlier comments was a bit childish.
Wrong again. He wasn't threatening you. He was stating what he would do to prove your point was indeed pointless. You were the one being childish, if you ask me.

Quote: I didn't speak out of turn to Steve.
Yeah, you did.

Quote: as for the door hitting me in my ass on the way out....

Don't let it hit you too hard.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:42 PM   #84
lifelovesoul
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti)
THE FACTS ARE, SCOTT STAPP DIDN'T SING THE SONG VERY WELL. PERIOD.
Whether it was because of Illness or just because he Can't Sing anymore Doesn't Matter! He embarrassed himself And Creed fans alike!

If it sucked so much, it's interesting that Yahoobuzz.com reported Scott Stapp searches up 388% following his rendition on "God Bless America" at the World Series. That made him the top mover in the Music category at one time. I'd say that's pretty impressive! I thought he did a great job.

IMO this board should just be changed to the Alter Bridge forums completely, because most of the Stapp fans have left here because of the disrespect towards each other. We are not "one" anymore. Not that my opinoin matters to any of you. I usually get disgusted each time I decide to come back here, and wonder why the Hell I even bother.

To all the Stapp fans, there are other Stapp boards out there where everyone is treated with an equal amount of respect, unlike here. I suggest you go Googleing for a new home!

I won't be back here. Don't care if the door hits me in the butt, it'll help me get out sooner!
Old 11-10-2004, 11:17 PM   #85
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by lifelovesoul) If it sucked so much, it's interesting that Yahoobuzz.com reported Scott Stapp searches up 388% following his rendition on "God Bless America" at the World Series. That made him the top mover in the Music category at one time. I'd say that's pretty impressive! I thought he did a great job.
The majority of the buying public has proven over and over that it has not much in the way of taste. Witness the sales of records by, ahem, singers Britney Spears and the boy bands. So, that little stat means nothing to me. I, for one, never said his overall performance was "awful"; I just said he was flat in some areas and had a problem holding notes for whatever reason. Overall, I've seen him perform better.

Quote: IMO this board should just be changed to the Alter Bridge forums completely, because most of the Stapp fans have left here because of the disrespect towards each other. We are not "one" anymore.
I disagree, and it's not your board anyway; it's Steve's. There are plenty of Scott Stapp fans here who are eagerly awaiting his solo release, and some of them happen to enjoy Alter Bridge as well. It's the blatant worshiping and rose-colored view of Stapp that SOME fans have that annoys some of us, myself included.

Quote: To all the Stapp fans, there are other Stapp boards out there where everyone is treated with an equal amount of respect, unlike here. I suggest you go Googleing for a new home!
Yes, places were the truth be damned at the altar of Scott Stapp. This is one of the most respectful boards I've had the pleasure of participating in.

Quote: I won't be back here. Don't care if the door hits me in the butt, it'll help me get out sooner!
Your choice, but for my money, this is the best Creed/AB/Stapp board around. Steve is a kick-ass admin and does a great job keeping order here.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:16 AM   #86
DekWannaBFlea
USER INFO »
Why are we still talking about this?

Scott wasn't up to what he could have done....why is that disrespectful? Its an honest critique. If you liked then good for you you have your opinon as do others. Trying to convince each other to the other side is pointless.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:58 AM   #87
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Dogstar) The majority of the buying public has proven over and over that it has not much in the way of taste. Witness the sales of records by, ahem, singers Britney Spears and the boy bands. So, that little stat means nothing to me. I, for one, never said his overall performance was "awful"; I just said he was flat in some areas and had a problem holding notes for whatever reason. Overall, I've seen him perform better.

I disagree, and it's not your board anyway; it's Steve's. There are plenty of Scott Stapp fans here who are eagerly awaiting his solo release, and some of them happen to enjoy Alter Bridge as well. It's the blatant worshiping and rose-colored view of Stapp that SOME fans have that annoys some of us, myself included.

Yes, places were the truth be damned at the altar of Scott Stapp. This is one of the most respectful boards I've had the pleasure of participating in.

Your choice, but for my money, this is the best Creed/AB/Stapp board around. Steve is a kick-ass admin and does a great job keeping order here.

Word.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:24 PM   #88
Wylde-Tremonti
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea) Why are we still talking about this?

Scott wasn't up to what he could have done....why is that disrespectful? Its an honest critique.
Yeah man... I Only said what i Said as a Musical Critique... It's apart of being an artist... You must Critique and be critiqued. If you don't... you won't get better.... I still think Stapp's a kool guy, i just think his voice isn't as good as what it used to be... if you listen to live recordings of him back in 98... his voice was TOP NOTCH... his voice at the world series wasn't.

Jesus + Guitars = Life
Old 11-11-2004, 01:58 PM   #89
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti) Yeah man... I Only said what i Said as a Musical Critique... It's apart of being an artist... You must Critique and be critiqued. If you don't... you won't get better.... I still think Stapp's a kool guy, i just think his voice isn't as good as what it used to be... if you listen to live recordings of him back in 98... his voice was TOP NOTCH... his voice at the world series wasn't.
Exactly.