++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 05-22-2004, 07:25 PM   #1
musicmind226
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to musicmind226 Send a message via Yahoo to musicmind226
Some thoughts

Hmm.....

I was thinking, creed might not be around for some time, espeacially if alter bridge and stapp's solo/acting efforts go through the roof.

Alter bridge could be creed minus stapp and a different name. Think about it, creed's ex-bassist an new singer. Maybe mark were just being generous and not being assess and didn't want to tell us that they just basically gave stapp the boot because of all the problems he was causing with the band.

Don't bash me, just some brain farts. I don't know, still I'm excited.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:28 PM   #2
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by musicmind226) Hmm.....

I was thinking, creed might not be around for some time, espeacially if alter bridge and stapp's solo/acting efforts go through the roof.

Alter bridge could be creed minus stapp and a different name. Think about it, creed's ex-bassist an new singer. Maybe mark were just being generous and not being assess and didn't want to tell us that they just basically gave stapp the boot because of all the problems he was causing with the band.

Don't bash me, just some brain farts. I don't know, still I'm excited.

oh and they smell bad!

no really i would think it would quite difficult to give scott the boot as he seemed like he was the leader of the band. besides the chicago incident what has he done publically to be sacked? what did he do that forced the band to hold auditions? they struck out with kennedy in a big way but maybe they would have being like another band of late and hold auditions of r 12 months and knock back one after the other.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.
Alright, now it’s time for us to let you go.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-22-2004, 07:30 PM   #3
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
i was going to say something in a new thread but this seems like as good a place as any. what is with all the negativity on this board for the past couple of days? this i'm in the scott stapp or i'm in the mark camp is stupid and childish. we are all creed fans and lets make this place somewhere we all want to come to and have a bit of fun outside our working/school lives.

*end rant*
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-22-2004, 07:39 PM   #4
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Well said, hide.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:47 PM   #5
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Man we've been through all this stuff before, about siding. I agree with you, handmedown, it is stuipd and childish, and I don't know why people do it. Oh well. Shit happens I guess.
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 05-22-2004, 10:00 PM   #6
johellion
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) oh and they smell bad!

no really i would think it would quite difficult to give scott the boot as he seemed like he was the leader of the band. besides the chicago incident what has he done publically to be sacked? what did he do that forced the band to hold auditions? they struck out with kennedy in a big way but maybe they would have being like another band of late and hold auditions of r 12 months and knock back one after the other.

I would say it would NOT be difficult....A band issopose to be one in a WHOLE inity(that is the way it started....BROTHERS...close).....Stapp was the LEAD singer....he tried to be the leader of the band...I am sure that is what the problem was and is...I don't need to say any more....
Old 05-22-2004, 10:43 PM   #7
hayley
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via MSN to hayley Send a message via Yahoo to hayley
Yes, SIR !!
Cape Reinga, to the fiords in the south.
Harbour lights in the City of Sails
Aroha, the love that never fails
See the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colours came out.'

- Beautiful Day, Auckland, NZ - 24 Nov 2006
Old 05-22-2004, 10:52 PM   #8
DangerousDan85
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by handmedown) i was going to say something in a new thread but this seems like as good a place as any. what is with all the negativity on this board for the past couple of days? this i'm in the scott stapp or i'm in the mark camp is stupid and childish. we are all creed fans and lets make this place somewhere we all want to come to and have a bit of fun outside our working/school lives.

*end rant*

my thoughts exactly, I like both Scott and Mark and I will buy both of their cds. it's not a competition, it's music. So let's just try to enjoy it.
And yet I fight
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home

Alice in Chains- Nutshell
Old 05-22-2004, 11:23 PM   #9
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
ditto!
Old 05-22-2004, 11:26 PM   #10
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What they said.

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 05-22-2004, 11:29 PM   #11
creedsister
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by johellion) I would say it would NOT be difficult....A band issopose to be one in a WHOLE inity(that is the way it started....BROTHERS...close).....Stapp was the LEAD singer....he tried to be the leader of the band...I am sure that is what the problem was and is...I don't need to say any more....
HaHa I know And A DAMN Good LEADER HE WAS AT THAT, Wouldnt You Say, Na That Mite Hurt Wouldnt It
Hush child I,ll tell you why you have Loved Me when you were weak you have given me unselfishly Kept you From Falling Falling everywhere But Your Kness you set me free to live my life you become my Reason To Survive The Great Divide you Set Me Free Ooh Our Love Is Beautiful Ooh isn,t This Beautiful Child It Seems You Have Been My Everything
Old 05-22-2004, 11:31 PM   #12
Shadow
USER INFO »
What Dan said - that goes for me too
Old 05-23-2004, 01:17 AM   #13
aussiecreeder
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by johellion) I would say it would NOT be difficult....A band issopose to be one in a WHOLE inity(that is the way it started....BROTHERS...close).....Stapp was the LEAD singer....he tried to be the leader of the band...I am sure that is what the problem was and is...I don't need to say any more....

sorry for hijacking your thread musicmind btw haven't seen you around in a little while! anyhow johellion i think scott was the leader in a sense because that is naturally is personality and the other members are more reserved. he didn't have the title to be leader he was the leader. see the difference?

back to the orignal topic and in answer to the question. the only way i can see alter bridge and creed co-existing is if they are vastly different bands with completely different sounds much like with Maynard with Tool and A Perfect Circle.
Didn’t have a life.
Didn’t have a life.
But surely saved one.

Tool
Wings for Marie
Old 05-23-2004, 02:44 AM   #14
tremonti4life04
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to tremonti4life04 Send a message via Yahoo to tremonti4life04
Doesn't beating a dead horse get tiring after a while? I mean, i've noticed that we have went over pretty much all what-if's (no pun intended). I believe that it would be healthier to take everything one step at a time and not sit on the board and fret over everything. There are too many what if's that we wont have answers to until both stapp and tremonti have their cd's out, are both touring, and both make some sort of public announcement concerning their plans for Creed. Oh, and to the person that started this thread, it wouldnt be creed minus scott stapp, because there is positivly no creed without stapp. Every band member had their part in making creed, but without stapp they would just be Reed, think abou it, he was the lead singer, the lead personality, the main voice of the band, and the most intense showman when it came to a live show. Stapp couldnt be replaced in a million years within the band, and the band still be Creed minus stapp. That would be like Tool minus Maynard James Keenan, Bon Jovi without Jon Bon Jovi, or Metallica without James Hetfield. None of those bands would be the same without their lead singer, none of them would have the right to call themselves that if they lost their lead singer.

Trust me
Trust me
Trust me
Trust me...Trust me
Old 05-23-2004, 02:56 AM   #15
Jez
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by tremonti4life04) Doesn't beating a dead horse get tiring after a while? I mean, i've noticed that we have went over pretty much all what-if's (no pun intended). I believe that it would be healthier to take everything one step at a time and not sit on the board and fret over everything. There are too many what if's that we wont have answers to until both stapp and tremonti have their cd's out, are both touring, and both make some sort of public announcement concerning their plans for Creed. Oh, and to the person that started this thread, it wouldnt be creed minus scott stapp, because there is positivly no creed without stapp. Every band member had their part in making creed, but without stapp they would just be Reed, think abou it, he was the lead singer, the lead personality, the main voice of the band, and the most intense showman when it came to a live show. Stapp couldnt be replaced in a million years within the band, and the band still be Creed minus stapp. That would be like Tool minus Maynard James Keenan, Bon Jovi without Jon Bon Jovi, or Metallica without James Hetfield. None of those bands would be the same without their lead singer, none of them would have the right to call themselves that if they lost their lead singer.

*bows down*
((And all CREED'S people said...))

AMEN!

Creed~~Bullets