++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 08-09-2009, 02:53 AM   #1
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Live Videos From Buffalo, NY (8/8)

Feel free to post all media from the show in Buffalo here...

Ode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TNxH0Y-Oek

Say I:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7e8sQTw0jA

Torn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3qPXqB6J7M

What’s This Life For:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6_sC1pDAno

Faceless Man:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0vVRsMtJAE

With Arms Wide Open:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmvkcsBF0wk

Higher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr1KRDBgKt8

One Last Breath:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmw_qJtwT9M

My Sacrifice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JupSV5XwTYc

One Nation. Indivisible.

Last edited by Dark_Knight : 08-09-2009 at 04:57 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:28 AM   #2
Icedmofo
USER INFO »
Re: Live Videos From Buffalo, NY (8/8)

I wonder why stapp is consistently changing that first lyric to ode.

I thought he just messed it up on the 8/6 concert, but he does it again here.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:53 AM   #3
BSC
USER INFO »

Maybe he feels like changing...

I know Shaun Morgan (from Seether) changes lyrics live because Wind-Up wouldn't allow those lyrics on the albums.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:04 AM   #4
Dark_Knight
USER INFO »

Who knows...I wish he would correct it though. Other then that I wish the guys would stop speeding everything up, they need to slow it wayyy down.

One Nation. Indivisible.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:14 AM   #5
WHATSTHISLIFE4
USER INFO »

These videos are much better than the videos from opening night. Hopefully we can get the new single to sound this clear.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #6
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »

i didn't notice any change and as for playing fast they do have alot of songs to get through in short period of time.
I swear I still believe though I don't know - Words Darker Then Their Wings
Old 08-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #7
perpetualchange
USER INFO »

Stapp sounds absolutely horrible. I tried to be optimistic about this reunion but I guess I really can't be.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #8
nflea7
USER INFO »

Its very sad, I watched all the video from PA and now Buffalo. I've been a huge Creed fan since 00 but never got a chance to see them live. When I heard they got back together even if just for a summer tour I got pit tickets right away pre sale. Now I'm thinking about selling them. I'm a huge AB fan as well, I saw them 3 times 1 acoustic Myles warms up for about 4 hours before the show, nothing but singing and playing with Mark till the show so they are warmed up and ready to kick a$$. Scott Stapp just does not have the discipline to do vocal exercises and keep his voice in shape from what I'm hearing. I can't blame the rest of the band, its a huge amount of money for 3 months of touring, and they are playing way more seats and bigger shows than they ever did on the AB name. Creed still packs a house. Just too bad Stapp still doesn't take his role in a band as big as Creed serious enough to keep his voice in shape enough to sing his own songs. I wanted Creed to be back in a huge way and show the new bands what its like to own a stage, but Saliva with their singer at 300 pounds could squeak out their songs better. Anyone notice the 2nd guitar player and back up vocalist? Sad.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #9
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by perpetualchange) Stapp sounds absolutely horrible. I tried to be optimistic about this reunion but I guess I really can't be.

Ok can we please stop knocking Stapp..It was mentioned that he is still working his voice back into shape...I saw Creed in 99 and 01...At that point those guys had been touring for months...Its gonna take hime a while to get his voice back up tp par for his live performances...Give him a break...I think for a band that hasnt played together in 7 years they sound pretty in tune..Its gonna take them time...But they will get there...peace
Old 08-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #10
eusebioCBR
USER INFO »

The band sounds as awesome as ever but his vocal range is obviously limited.

-Homer Simpson

Old 08-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #11
Tremontiriffs77
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nflea7) Its very sad, I watched all the video from PA and now Buffalo. I've been a huge Creed fan since 00 but never got a chance to see them live. When I heard they got back together even if just for a summer tour I got pit tickets right away pre sale. Now I'm thinking about selling them. I'm a huge AB fan as well, I saw them 3 times 1 acoustic Myles warms up for about 4 hours before the show, nothing but singing and playing with Mark till the show so they are warmed up and ready to kick a$$. Scott Stapp just does not have the discipline to do vocal exercises and keep his voice in shape from what I'm hearing. I can't blame the rest of the band, its a huge amount of money for 3 months of touring, and they are playing way more seats and bigger shows than they ever did on the AB name. Creed still packs a house. Just too bad Stapp still doesn't take his role in a band as big as Creed serious enough to keep his voice in shape enough to sing his own songs. I wanted Creed to be back in a huge way and show the new bands what its like to own a stage, but Saliva with their singer at 300 pounds could squeak out their songs better. Anyone notice the 2nd guitar player and back up vocalist? Sad.

1.) Eric Friedman is not just some guitarist
2.) The band hasnt been together in 7 years
3.) Stop with Myles Kennedy comparison...Myles is great..just not Stapp..
4.) When you play in outdoor arenas your voice doesnt carry as well as it does in enclosed arenas..See Myles kenney performance with Alter Bridge during the MLB playoffs...Kennedy sounded like absolute shit that day..truth
5.) If your not going to support them, sell your tickets...and hang over at ABB.NET..where almost everyone rags Stapp and Creed..
6.)Alter Bridge is a good band..but they never have and never will be as good as Creed...
Old 08-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #12
nflea7
USER INFO »

I'm not a Stapp hater, but I couldn't disagree more. Both Stapp and The rest of the guys have been touring since Creed broke up the first time, Stapp was getting ready to tour for his second album before he met with Mark and had been in the studio. He has had since December to get his voice in shape. 8 Months, They have been rehearsing this tour for a month now. Its simply bad living and not laying off the booze. That kills your voice. Its not like they are doing 3 hour sets and he is starting to loose his range by the 3d set they start the night from what I can hear with Stapp not being able to get the higher notes of any song. Its hard work to get your voice in shape and it takes time. 8 Months is more than enough time with the money he has, and when people are paying so much for tickets, all I'm saying is take a little more pride in your job. Stapp is no basketball or baseball star he is the vocalist of one of the biggest rock bands in the last 20 years, act like it. This is what broke the band up the first time. Read the interviews with Tremonti on some of the causes for the first Creed split.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #13
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

as a Creed fan turned Ab fan turned Creed fan again I have to agree that stapps voice is gone. How can you sit there and say his vocals will get better when they are putting on a show every other night, thats bullshit. I have seen Creed 3 times live and watching Stapp on these videos he is not the same he was before Creed broke up. Ya they have been rehearsing, and working on the album thats fine. Im am pulling for Creed 100% and I can't wait to see them live, and hear what he sounds like on the new album. All the people that say his voice is awsome or will get better, get out of your little bubble and accept that fact that Stapp is what he is and we move on!
Old 08-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #14
maccamer
USER INFO »

All the people who think Stapp's voice is shot... you are wrong. I have seen Creed live twice during the Human Clay Tour and have about 15 bootlegs from all tours. He is preserving his voice so he can make it through the tour. He can sing just as well as he used to. He is just a lot smarter now and isn' t pushing it as hard. He was 5 times better in NY than in Philly because he was a little horse that night. He was in supreme form on 8/8. Whether his voice will hold up is anyones guess. I believe with the shape he is in now, mentally and physically, it will be fine. He will have off nights and he will have on nights. He always has.

For the haters and skeptics..... don't go to the shows or buy the album. Enough comparisons to Myles. Totally different types of singers. Let the fans who love Stapp and Creed enjoy the shows and music. Take your hate somewhere else.

Last edited by maccamer : 08-09-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #15
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

I would like to hear from lexmusic on this matter, what is the word from the band itself on the status of Stapps Vocals?