++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-29-2005, 11:20 AM   #1
titan9
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Stapp on Live with Regis and Kelly

I'm very disappointed. Not with Stapp's performance(which was, imo, vocal-wise, better than the Leno one) but rather with the show. They cut the intro AND the second verse. Also, they only talked to him for maybe 30-60 seconds. Basically, they spent 10-15 minutes with Barbera flippin' Walters and 10 minutes with Tom Arnold, and they could only spare maybe 4 minutes with Stapp? So ridiculous. If they could have given Stapp just 8 minutes, that would have been plenty. Instead, they cut the song short and barely talked to him. Not only that, but the 30-60 seconds they talked to him was about Creed.

Alright, now that I've ranted about ABC enough, I can talk about the performance itself. He wasn't quite as jazzed up as the Leno one(no cool mic-stand tricks), but he was still rather energized. And he actually hit the notes better than before, imo, particularly the chorus. Given that he sounded better, I just wish we could have seen how he would have sounded while singing the FULL song.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-29-2005, 12:09 PM   #2
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
I heard it was lip synch. Is this true?

How did he look? Rumours say he got his ass kicked by the guys of 311 on the night before.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:11 PM   #3
titan9
USER INFO »
Uh....Marcos, are you drunk?

Far as I could tell, he wasn't lipsynching and he didn't look beat up. If that rumor is true(lol), those make-up people did a fine job on him.

Old 11-29-2005, 12:57 PM   #4
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
I slept right through it. Anyone rip it?

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-29-2005, 01:02 PM   #5
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
no, they said the music started all of the sudden and Stapp put a weird look on his face while trying to catch up... that's why I'm asking, not stating.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:04 PM   #6
ALECIA326
USER INFO »
I thought he did a good job. As far as the lip synching I do not think so but I could be wrong.. I am not sure if the whole thing about 311 is true cause I read that and looked for it they did alot of face shots and if that were true I do not think they could cover it with makeup cause there was nothing there but there again I could be wrong?
Old 11-29-2005, 01:19 PM   #7
TeriB19
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay)
How did he look? Rumours say he got his ass kicked by the guys of 311 on the night before.
Marcos, where did ya hear it? I'd be interested to see this story!!

SP: Actually, we are setting that up.

MT: It was in your contract when you signed up with us.

Old 11-29-2005, 01:38 PM   #8
Bridge of Clay
USER INFO »
From LoracNJ on abb.net. She's considered reliable:

Quote: Even more proof of what a douche bag Stapp is...

A friend of mine who knows the guys in 311 called me to tell me that Stapp had a “run in” with them on Friday. Apparently Stapp was staying in Baltimore, MD with his girlfriend (I believe her family lives there). Well the guys in 311 had shows in MD the night before and after Thanksgiving and were staying in the same hotel Stapp was. The guys in 311 were at the bar with their girlfriends and Stapp came in with his girlfriend. So Stapp was already off his mind and decided to start with the guys in 311. He said to their girlfriends, something along the lines of “Why are you with them when you could be with me. I sold 30 million records you know." Now mind you this was all said in front of his girlfriend as well. So they decided to take this outside, but before they did that Stapp offered to buy the guy a shot before they headed outside, and on the way to the bar he sucker punched him. After that a fight broke out between him and the guys. All the while Stapp’s girlfriend kept apologizing and saying “He gets like this, he mentally abuses people, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.”

I don’t know how hurt Stapp was. I believe the drummer broke his hand because his hand was in a cast at the Atlanta show they did on Saturday. Considering Stapp is going Regis and Kelly tomorrow this should be interesting to see.

ETA - Please see page 3 for explaination on who broke their hand. Photo is included.

Moving on to page 3:

Quote: Just one quick thing. I will apologize for 1 thing. I originally wrote I believed it was the drummer who broke his hand. I am probably wrong on that. I wasn't told which one it was. I just assumed it was the drummer because after I heard what happened I went to see if I could find photos of the show from the next day. I saw a photo of one of the members and he had his hand in a cast. I thought it was the drummer because I saw pictures of the lead singer and guitarist and they were okay. I have no clue who any of the guys in 311 are. I think I know maybe 4 311 songs total. It probably is that DJ guy. Here's the photo that I saw anyway.

[image noborder]http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/3365/g431121jl.jpg[/image]

Okay I just looked at it again. I am a dumbass. The drummer is freaking sitting behind his kit!!! . Sorry about the confusion. I AM Mr. Magoo. I should have worn my glass

Also while it may be hard to believe it really isn't so far fetched. I have been told of another few incidents witnessed first hand by band members that have toured with Creed. A few of them never made it to the internet and I never posted out of respect for them because I was asked not to, but they were all true. This time I was told it was okay.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:54 PM   #9
titan9
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) no, they said the music started all of the sudden and Stapp put a weird look on his face while trying to catch up... that's why I'm asking, not stating.

Very interesting. I hadn't heard the rumor myself, and assumed you were just fooling around. I just read that whole post, and, well, I'm not going to really say too much. I'd honestly like to see more proof that this is true before I actually believe it. I mean, I'm not saying I think that girl is lying about it, I'm just saying that I take it what I read on message boards with a grain of salt. It kinda reminds me of a story a few months ago, regarding Stapp and a Denny's restaurant in Gainesville(google it if you're interested). Anyway, despite that story sounding incredibly real, it was proved to be false as far as I know. That's why I'm not believing this new incident until I see further proof that it could be true.

Old 11-29-2005, 01:56 PM   #10
cyndeelouwho
USER INFO »
I hate that show! I hate it more now that Stapp was invited on and not AB! LOL
Old 11-29-2005, 02:05 PM   #11
titan9
USER INFO »
For those who did not see it, PBF now has a video up of his performance on Live. You have to be a member of the forums to access it, though.

As for the lipsynching thing, I highly doubt that. I watched it and it seemed too real, too live to be lipsynched. Who started that rumor, anyway?

Old 11-29-2005, 02:23 PM   #12
Bullets
USER INFO »
Yeah - just watched the video - definitely NOT a lipsynch - Scott sucks at lipsynching - remember the Thanksgiving Day Halftime show a few years back? THAT was bad..lol...

As for the fight story, i'm calling BS on that one for a couple reasons. First and foremost, the most obvious is that he did not look injured at all in any way, which means he either whooped all their asses or its not true. Makeup always helps, but it can't make you look perfect. Second of all, had their been a fight, the cops would have been called and we'd have a situation similar to that at the nightclub several years back when Scott got into a skirmish with some guy there.

Overall it was a very good performance and I"m with you Titan, ABC sucks - the fact that they cut out the second verse pissed me off. His voice is definitely getting better and stronger though - looking forward to seeing future tv performances.

Last edited by Bullets : 11-29-2005 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:51 PM   #13
IamFilthy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay) I heard it was lip synch. Is this true?

Defenitely not lip synch....as for the Stapp/311 skirmish you have got to be legally retarded. Any fight in a public place with celebrities would be all over the news. Your friend is about as reliable as three-legged ballerina.
I've been living a double life
Old 11-29-2005, 02:56 PM   #14
SummerGirl
USER INFO »
I'm not calling BS on this one...btw, two reasons is a couple of reasons not several...

This alleged altercation occurred on Friday night...today is Monday...two days of healing plus consider that during fighting there are multiple possibilities (a) Scott can protect himself...especially his own face...(b) the guys he fought know how to fight and didn't go for the face instead opting for the oh so painful kidney body type shots or (c) the 311 boys don't know how to fight, etc...let your imagination run wild...

Make up DOES make people look perfect...that's what it does...just ask any print model who gets up at 3 am after partying all night...

Also, the prior post evinces the easiest reason to believe it this time around is that Stapp has clearly indulged in this type of behavior before and repeatedly.

Furthermore, what well-known and substaniated fued is there between 311 and Stapp that would cause for them or their crew to be sharing such stories...the story itself is not very flattering to 311, so where is the glory?

Another good performance for Stapp. Good for him! Onward and upward...
Old 11-29-2005, 03:02 PM   #15
IamFilthy
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by SummerGirl) I'm not calling BS on this one...btw, two reasons is a couple of reasons not several...

This alleged altercation occurred on Friday night...today is Monday...two days of healing plus consider that during fighting there are multiple possibilities (a) Scott can protect himself...especially his own face...(b) the guys he fought know how to fight and didn't go for the face instead opting for the oh so painful kidney body type shots or (c) the 311 boys don't know how to fight, etc...let your imagination run wild...

Make up DOES make people look perfect...that's what it does...just ask any print model who gets up at 3 am after partying all night...

Also, the prior post evinces the easiest reason to believe it this time around is that Stapp has clearly indulged in this type of behavior before and repeatedly.

Furthermore, what well-known and substaniated fued is there between 311 and Stapp that would cause for them or their crew to be sharing such stories...the story itself is not very flattering to 311, so where is the glory?

Another good performance for Stapp. Good for him! Onward and upward...

who said it was them or their crew?...people make up such BS just to start sh!t. Who knows how these things get started. But trust me,...you would have heard it yourself if it were true,...not heresay from "a friend of some friends who know the band".
I've been living a double life