++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 07-13-2009, 12:25 PM   #61
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: News on the single, record, and Steve Karas

Quote: (Originally Posted by username) OK, so it's much heavier... then what's to distinguish Creed music from Alter Bridge now? Other than the obvious fact that one has an awesome vocalist who can also play a mean guitar, of course. (and just to end the confusion, I'm not referring to Stapp)

Easy, Creed is radio friendly and AB is not. Myles and Stapp are two totally diffrent lyricist..Stapp's being more faith driven of course, but ya in my opinon Myles is a better overall musician. I Remember seeing Stapp play guitar live on "Stand here with me" he looked like he never touched a guitar before lol
Old 07-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #62
username
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX) Easy, Creed is radio friendly and AB is not. Myles and Stapp are two totally diffrent lyricist..Stapp's being more faith driven of course, but ya in my opinon Myles is a better overall musician. I Remember seeing Stapp play guitar live on "Stand here with me" he looked like he never touched a guitar before lol
I disagree. Using the common definition, several of the Alter Bridge songs are very radio friendly (Open Your Eyes, Down to My Last, In Loving Memory, Rise Today, Brand New Start, Before Tomorrow Comes, Watch Over You, etc). And some of the Creed songs are not. (Bullets, Unforgiven, Pity for a Dime, Sister, Say I, Beautiful, Wrong Way, Inside Us All etc.)

But, in the end, I think that what is 'radio-friendly' is simply what people like. There are many, many songs that don't fit this 'radio-friendly' mold, but still get lots of spins on radio every day.
________
Herbalaire review
________
Live Sex

Last edited by username : 08-16-2011 at 01:59 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:23 PM   #63
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

Hey no argument here about those songs. Ya it does come down to what people want to here on the radio today(which is crap today in my opinion) Im just saying Creed success was because of the radio. Ya Alter Bridge has some semi-hit singles but doesnt get the airplay like Creed does 24/7.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:28 PM   #64
BSC
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by username) OK, so it's much heavier... then what's to distinguish Creed music from Alter Bridge now? Other than the obvious fact that one has an awesome vocalist who can also play a mean guitar, of course. (and just to end the confusion, I'm not referring to Stapp)

I can't talk about the stuff on Full Circle since I haven't heard it but here's what I think

Creed's heavy songs are so much more different to Alter Bridge's heavy songs..

Creed have:
Bullets,
Freedom Fighter,
Ode,
What If,
Never Die,
Signs.

Just a few examples

Alter Bridge have:
Find The Real
One Day Remains
Metalingus
The End Is Here
Ties That Bind
White Knuckles

You may a different view on a heavy song then me, but when Creed are heavy they sound nothing like Alter Bridge when they are heavy and vice versa.

None of those songs I listed can be compared with eachother, for example What If and Metalingus they don't sound the least bit similar.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:02 PM   #65
in reality
USER INFO »

Stapp was on Hit Parade Top 100 rock vocalists, so that counts for something. Amy Lee made the list too. Robert Plant was at the top. I didn't see Kennedy on it though. lol Kennedy is alright, he did good on Watch over You. But I agree with this list, just would have stapp a bit up there more. Eddie Vedder and Josie Scott are higher on it than both of the WU ones. Which is ok too.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:02 AM   #66
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by in reality) Stapp was on Hit Parade Top 100 rock vocalists, so that counts for something. Amy Lee made the list too. Robert Plant was at the top. I didn't see Kennedy on it though. lol Kennedy is alright, he did good on Watch over You. But I agree with this list, just would have stapp a bit up there more. Eddie Vedder and Josie Scott are higher on it than both of the WU ones. Which is ok too.

Ya Stapp was listed top 100 cause he is in a band called CREED! there is also a bunch of negative lists Stapp is on as well. Look they both have thier own uniqnes about them but Myles Kennedy can sing circles around Stapp, not doggin on the guy, just Myles is overall better musician. Myles kennedy is alright?? Thats why He was going to sing for the biggest rock band on the planet Led Zepplin? Go listen to "Burn it down" off One Day Remains and tell me he is still just alright...
Old 07-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #67
in reality
USER INFO »

Like I said, kennedy is fine singer, and to me Adam Lambert outdoes them all. He should be on WU. As should Kennedy. Now on to the concert footage from Vh1.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #68
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by in reality) Like I said, kennedy is fine singer, and to me Adam Lambert outdoes them all. He should be on WU. As should Kennedy. Now on to the concert footage from Vh1.
Adam Lambert? Dont get me started on that, American Idol singers are the worst.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #69
ABYanks
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by in reality) Like I said, kennedy is fine singer, and to me Adam Lambert outdoes them all. He should be on WU. As should Kennedy. Now on to the concert footage from Vh1.

no one should be on windup. worst label ever.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #70
Creed24
USER INFO »

Why can't they hurry up and release the single? The tour would be more successful if the single was already out and it was popular. Bad move by windup not having it out already.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:24 AM   #71
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »

one thing i've learned over the past 6 years i've been here is that WU never promotes Creed like they should and never will.
I swear I still believe though I don't know - Words Darker Then Their Wings
Old 07-17-2009, 11:48 AM   #72
Agent D
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by TheGreatDivide) one thing i've learned over the past 6 years i've been here is that WU never promotes Creed like they should and never will.

Very, very true.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:24 PM   #73
TheGreatDivide
USER INFO »

With them being " a new Creed in 2009 " maybe they need a new record label
I swear I still believe though I don't know - Words Darker Then Their Wings
Old 07-17-2009, 01:03 PM   #74
XALTERBRIDGEX
USER INFO »

^I think they had a 4 record deal with wind-up. If there is any future to Creed after "full circle", I think the band would have the smarts to jump ship. Im sure record companys would be drooling at the fact that they can sign Creed.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:19 PM   #75
timusca
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX) ^I think they had a 4 record deal with wind-up. If there is any future to Creed after "full circle", I think the band would have the smarts to jump ship. Im sure record companys would be drooling at the fact that they can sign Creed.
I thought that was the point of their Greatest Hits album... to fulfill that contract. Obviously WU couldn't have known they would reunite eventually. Plus, there was all that talk about Mark and Scott paying to get out of their contract with WU.

AFAIK, Full Circle has nothing to do with any contractual agreement... they probably just stayed with them because they owned all the other Creed material, so it would be easiest this way.