++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 04-24-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
Finaldecision
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Creed's secrets ;) (Creed Quest, kinda)

I thought about different things of the Creed CDs which I wondered about. Maybe you have ideas why they are there or what they mean. If you have other things that you think are strange, you might also add them.

My Own Prison:

Torn - Why are the lines "peace in my head, love in my head, lies in my head" left out in the booklet (as well in the booklet of the Greatest Hits album)

Ode - What is said between 3:02 and 3:13

In America - Why does Stapp change from "I am right and you are wrong" to "Noone's right and noone's wrong - in America"

Sister - What's that sound at 3:27 (an opened bottle? - "bottled up in an empty holding back") and who's meant by "sister"

Human Clay:

Are You Ready - What is said in the backround between 3:50 and 3:52

Say I - Why is there only parts of the lyrics of the bridge in the booklet and does anybody the whole text of it?

Faceless Man - The words "faceless" and "man" are written with a capital in the booklet within the whole text

Cover artwork: What do the children stand for?; what's that sculpture in black-white in the middle of the booklet?; What do these numbers / this code on the inside of the back of the cover stand for?

Music: In the booklet you can read that Mark also sings backround vocals. Do you know an example where he sings on Human Clay?

Weathered:

Freedom Fighter - Why does Scott speak words of "Wash Away Those Years" at 0:37 till 0:45

Signs - What are the sings?

My Sacrifice - Why is there a pentacle/pentagram on the building in the back of the cover of the single-CD

Stand Here With Me - Does anybody else understand "But the truth of it is, there's lies we live, and you showed it me" at 0-48 till 0:58 instead of "But the truth of it is there's a right way to live and you showed it me"?

Cover artwork - There are a lot of different symbols, but what do they stand for? - e.g. the tree at the front or the angel at the end of the booklet on the top of that strange building

Videos - As well different symbols - e.g. in One Last Breath the woman with that cup of water (or whatsoever) in her hands or that monster at the end of the video
Old 04-26-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer
Re: Creed's secrets ;) (Creed Quest, kinda)

I stopped trying to figure out all the Easter eggs a long time ago. I was obsessed with it in high school, though. I even tried to play the Creed Quest, but failed miserably. (I ended up making My own version of the Creed Mythos... it was so wicked. I wish I didn't lose so much of My stuff...)

I think a lot of it is just a mixture between happenstance and the clever placement of things to make the fans go "WHAT'S THAT MEAN?!" Kind of like Tool and bands like that, putting obscure references and weird imagery in their work.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #3
timusca
USER INFO »

I won a week of Creed Quest... got a large cardboard cutout of the Weathered tree autographed by the band. Pretty awesome stuff :-) I was stoked at the time, but have long said goodbye to the infamous tree.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:22 AM   #4
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer

Aw, what?! I wish I had that...
Old 04-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #5
TrulyAmazing
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Redeemer)
I stopped trying to figure out all the Easter eggs a long time ago. I was obsessed with it in high school, though. I even tried to play the Creed Quest, but failed miserably. (I ended up making My own version of the Creed Mythos... it was so wicked. I wish I didn't lose so much of My stuff...)

I think a lot of it is just a mixture between happenstance and the clever placement of things to make the fans go "WHAT'S THAT MEAN?!" Kind of like Tool and bands like that, putting obscure references and weird imagery in their work.
i may be off topic a little but im so glad you brought up easter eggs I FIGURED IT OUT I FIGURED IT OUT k we have the facts the egg ritual started it was like greek thingy for infertilty but there is a secret with the easter egg i promise and it aint what come first chicken or the egg and just in my opion of the creeds symbols and what it means in all im just going Round It Up The Facts And Whash Away Everything Else EVERYBODY Was JUST HIGH in those years i hope i can alteast get 50 percent to agree either way ya know its liquid where all werid imagey comes from in so many ways of looking at it could be wrong of course it all depends on how ya look at and 9 times out of 10 bet your fanny the first thought in a brain a storm is always the right one
Old 04-30-2009, 12:16 PM   #6
Creedfan73
USER INFO »

Just jumping in here... here is a pic of the tree if anyone wanted to see
https://www.wsxserver.com/creedfan73/14/tree.jpg
Old 04-30-2009, 07:27 PM   #7
timusca
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Creedfan73) Just jumping in here... here is a pic of the tree if anyone wanted to see
https://www.wsxserver.com/creedfan73/14/tree.jpg
Yep, it looked just like that except it had 3 black shelves, a wider base, and autographs on it.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:42 AM   #8
Lost Tiger
USER INFO »

The second question that the thread starter asked goes for the same as me... I want to know that, too.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:45 AM   #9
lpshinoda11
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Lost Tiger) The second question that the thread starter asked goes for the same as me... I want to know that, too.

I heard that Mark said it was just a conversation the producer of MOP left on one of the guy's answering machine about the album.
Don't give a f**k, if I cut my arm bleeding
Would this be wrong would this be right?
If I took my life tonight, chances are that I might
Mutilation out of site, so I contiplated suicide
I'm losing my sight, losing my mind
Wish somebody would tell me I'm blind
I'm losing my sight, losing my mind
Wish somebody would tell me I'm blind

Last Resort - Papa Roach
Old 05-16-2009, 11:25 PM   #10
Lost Tiger
USER INFO »

Huh. /\ THAT is interesting.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:13 PM   #11
austin.
USER INFO »

Quote: Music: In the booklet you can read that Mark also sings backround vocals. Do you know an example where he sings on Human Clay?

Maybe he is doing the background in Are you Ready at 3:50-3:52 O.o?
________
Spree

Last edited by austin. : 03-13-2011 at 07:38 PM.