++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Scott Stapp Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 11-16-2005, 09:04 PM   #286
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Quote: (Originally Posted by Mrprophetman) Well alot of those people heard for months before its release that Alter Bridge was going to be bigger than Creed. People predicting sales in the millions. It hasn't exactly worked out that way, it seems.

People predicting things like that are dumb. Although I admit, the album would have done much better had they released ODR as their first single. Not just the name recognition of the album (which really DOES help a lot...) but the fact that the song is totally uncreedlike and kicks major buttocks.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:05 PM   #287
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
Yeah, ODR would have been a much better choice. But Wind Up is stupid and out of touch as always.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:02 AM   #288
ctfan
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) OH PLEASE!!!! Will you cut it out, already? You do start a lot of crap here, haven't you noticed? And you post just as freely as anyone else does around here! And Kerri, (Dogstar), is a lovely Mod who, I think, is almost always objective to stuff and WAAAY more mature than you and I, for example.
If I was you, I'd cool it a bit... This girl could get you banned, so I don't think you should go on with your attitude. But I'm not saying you should be a ass-licker, 'cause you shouldn't. You just shouldn't disrespect other members on this board, and for your own sake, especially NOT Kerri, Teri, Mulletman or Steve!

I am well aware of who they are. And no, to be quite honest, I've not noticed the "crap". What I have done is state my opinion based on the comments in these forums. I've posted true in-print facts to back myself up in regards to a flat out lie you posted in another thread...and what did you say??

I've been told that because of my opinions on Stapp, I had my head up his butt. I've also been told, because of my opinions on Stapp that I was a cross climber, a rose colored glasses wearer, I'm thick headed, clueless, ignorant, stupid, I have no taste in music, and that because I don't pick music to the very last piece, I'm a dummie who needs a book, who also suffers from fanboyism.

So who exactly, do you want me to respect?? Some of those very comments have come from a couple mods themselves. I certainly haven't used those words to decribe them.

Will I kiss their ass because of their power here? No. Will I kiss your ass, or the ass of any other member here just to keep you/them happy, or go with the flow? No.

Dogstar, If being banned or not banned comes down to manner and tone, and not the choice of words one uses...by all means ban me. I will not say things just because it's what one wants to hear. I form my opinons on these forums based on what I read. I interpret manner and tone in the same way that you do, but yet...the manner and tone that is used towards me doesn't seem to be a problem for you. Not to mention the choice of words that I've stated above. And I don't expect it would be, most of these people think just like you, because like begets like.

I will continue to post in favor of what I like. Be it Stapp himself, his music past and/or present. I will contine to post in the manner in which I see fit as well.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:30 AM   #289
uncertaindrumer
USER INFO »
Quote: I've been told that because of my opinions on Stapp, I had my head up his butt. I've also been told, because of my opinions on Stapp that I was a cross climber, a rose colored glasses wearer, I'm thick headed, clueless, ignorant, stupid, I have no taste in music, and that because I don't pick music to the very last piece, I'm a dummie who needs a book, who also suffers from fanboyism.

Not to start a flame war here, but this is kinda what HAPPENS to people who like Stapp. If it bothers you that much... you picked the wrong guy. Ever since... well... WAWO, I guess, no one has liked the guy. And it has gotten worse and worse. Now it IS sorta funny that you get called those things on a Creed website, but if anything it just shows how bad his public image is right now.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:46 PM   #290
Dogstar
Forum Diplomat
USER INFO »
^^^ It doesn't happen to all the people who like Stapp. Look at titan9. Nobody's every had a problem with him because he actually is open to the fact that the guy might have some flaws.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:49 PM   #291
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer) Not to start a flame war here, but this is kinda what HAPPENS to people who like Stapp. If it bothers you that much... you picked the wrong guy. Ever since... well... WAWO, I guess, no one has liked the guy. And it has gotten worse and worse. Now it IS sorta funny that you get called those things on a Creed website, but if anything it just shows how bad his public image is right now.
You are dead wrong on this issue, this is why- the general population knows little about his image except for who he is and the fact he was in creed, most people could care less about his personal life, alot of people in general don't even know Creed has broken up!

Last edited by INDIGOSTEVE : 11-17-2005 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:58 PM   #292
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE) this is speculation on your part, he will be judged by how well people like the cd, not his personal life, no ones perfect in this world.

His personal life is personal as long as its kept personal. Once you create a public image for yourself it sure does effect how people like and relate to your work.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:16 PM   #293
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp) really? cuz one of my last visits on there I saw some members who were mocking on AB, saying ODR sales were ridiculous ...
Yes, almost every Stapp fan says that. Although way more people has ODR than you might think when you see the sells numbers. I checked to two BitTorrent sites www.ThePirateBay.org and www.isoHunt.com. Only on those 2 sites 24500 people have downloaded ODR. And that is on TWO sites. Now, if you include all the other BT sites and p2p-programs, (such as Kazaa, DC++, LimeWire, etc), you can easily figure out that the majorty of people who has ODR downloaded it.

"take care of yourselves.
take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-17-2005, 03:28 PM   #294
Mrprophetman
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) I doubt that. I think he'll be touring in the US and some in Canada. Remember it was because of him Creed didn't visit Europe more. Now when he's out of the band and Myles is in Alter Bridge, they comes to Europe all the time! Although I WOULD see him if I got the chance. But I would make sure to show my disgust as soon as he and that "pieced-together pawnshop band" starts to play a Creed song.

Actually he does plan to tour in Europe. He's said that several times in radio interviews.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:42 PM   #295
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Oh, great then... Yet, I still doubt he'll tour as hard as AB does. The man just hit the wall. There is no way anyone could ask him to tour that hard right now!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-17-2005, 03:48 PM   #296
INDIGOSTEVE
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by The Lithium) Oh, great then... Yet, I still doubt he'll tour as hard as AB does. The man just hit the wall. There is no way anyone could ask him to tour that hard right now!
yeah I bet the touring will be more sporatic where he did with creed like 3 weeks on two off who knows?
Old 11-17-2005, 04:28 PM   #297
titan9
USER INFO »
I honestly don't expect him to tour as much as AB. For one, he is a single father and being around his family is very important to him. For two, I doubt his voice can hold up if he tours as much as AB does. Myles is a professionally trained singer who has taken lessons(I think). Stapp hasn't taken lessons, which could prove costly when it comes to how well his voice holds up during the touring. I would hope that, in an effort to make sure his voice holds up well, that he'd consider getting a vocal coach. But I kinda doubt that'll happen. As long as Stapp comes to Michigan with his tour, I'll be happy.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-17-2005, 04:46 PM   #298
The Lithium
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) I honestly don't expect him to tour as much as AB. For one, he is a single father and being around his family is very important to him. For two, I doubt his voice can hold up if he tours as much as AB does. Myles is a professionally trained singer who has taken lessons(I think). Stapp hasn't taken lessons, which could prove costly when it comes to how well his voice holds up during the touring. I would hope that, in an effort to make sure his voice holds up well, that he'd consider getting a vocal coach. But I kinda doubt that'll happen. As long as Stapp comes to Michigan with his tour, I'll be happy.
No, no, no, no, nooo!!! It's the other way around! Myles hasn't taken lessions while Stapp has! I asked Myles when I met him in London about the lession-taking, and he said: "Naah, not really... Well, I went a couple of times to this guy, but that's about it". The Gods just blessed him with this gift!

I don't know very much about Stapp's lessions, but I know he has been singing a lot of Chruch chorus, and so on. I'm pretty sure he has taken lessions. I can't remember him saying that he has taken "REAL" lessions, but I really think he has.

And about the family... Mark and Flip are fathers too! And they're all married! Of course being close to their families are important to them too!

take care of each other.
fuck gorge w. bush!
good night"
--corey taylor
Old 11-17-2005, 05:33 PM   #299
titan9
USER INFO »
Really? I honestly thought it was the way I described it. My bad for being wrong on that.

I know all four guys from AB are married and two of them have kids. But I think it is a different situation for Stapp. He's a single father who had to deal with a psycho(his ex). Flip and Tremo's kids have the stability of a two parent home, and have at least one parent at home with them when their fathers are on the road. Stapp's kid doesn't have that same stability, although I've heard his family is very helpful and supportive. Still, that can't replace having a parent around....which is why I feel Stapp's situation is vastly different from AB's. You can't really compare'em because of the big differences.

Check out my friend's Music blog by here!
Old 11-17-2005, 06:40 PM   #300
sina2b
USER INFO »
Quote: (Originally Posted by titan9) he is a single father and being around his family is very important to him.

that is so gay for a rockstar man, remember their first passion is music and they shouldnt have even had kids in the firstplace.