++ Alter Bridge - Fortress ++ PreOrder NOW!!  
Go Back   CreedFeed Community > The Bands & The Music > Creed Talk
Today's Posts «

Old 10-10-2009, 08:57 PM   #16
nagpo
USER INFO »
Currently: Offline
Re: Creed SPRING TOUR 2010! (confirmed)

I think creed should do a world tour another time. Maybe for their fifth album. I still like alter bridge and stapps solo stuff.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:03 PM   #17
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) I think creed should do a world tour another time. Maybe for their fifth album. I still like alter bridge and stapps solo stuff.

I want to hear a couple of those new songs Stapp sang live about a year ago.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:39 PM   #18
josha31042
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creediscool17) man im really glad i stuck to moving furniture a few years back then... good thing i was doing that and not playing music in front of thousands of people who wanna hear my songs, or ...SOUNDCHECKS *dun dun dun*.... soundchecks sound terrible... what with standing there and all.. and uh... you know hitting notes on a guitar.... wowza. the part about meeting with fans to sign autographs and have drinks sounds really hard as well... everyone knows getting hammered and talking to a bunch of girls who wanna have sex with you is a terrible way to make a ton of money... OH WAIT, its not

What are you? 12?

I'm a sound tech, and I can tell you that working in any type of live event, puts unmeasureable amounts of pressure on all who are involved.

Think about the crews that have to spend all day long, hooking up the lights and setting the stage up, making sure the board is connected properly, doing dry tests to make sure all the pyro and lights are working, and doing SOUNDCHECK to make sure ungreatful little kids like you, can actually get a decent quality sound and show out of it all.

And then AFTER the show, they have to take everything down, and pack everything up and head to the next town to do the same thing. And they virtually get little to no credit for their work.

And then there's the band. A band like Creed have dozens of media obligations, personal pressure, industry pressure, pressure from the label, pressure from the FANS, pressure from their FAMILIES, and a demand to perform at their very best, almost each and every single
night while on tour. They have to prepare themselves for the backlash that the media might give them over a bad show, and for the very real possibility that something might go wrong and cause a cancellation.

Because, let's face it......we all know how well you could take it, having YOUR name and face on the cover of every magazine, telling people about how bad you screwed up at a show the night before. Because, if something small goes wrong, thousands of people will turn it into an ordeal that won't be forgotten within the next 10 years.

Working in the music industry is the farthest thing from easy, unless you're doing it for a hobby and have no desire to become largely successful. It's just a once in a lifetime oppurtunity you'd have
to be insane to pass up. It's still a job. And the pressure they face is no different from the pressures we face each and every day. They are human beings, they're just in the eyes of the media.

They have to work every bit as much as we do, especially if they care about their fans, in order to become a successful act in the music industry. The only difference is, their job platform allows them to market to millions of people, therefore earning them millions of dollars
in the process.

If you can dream it, you can live it.
Some of us get the chance, some don't.
But don't think for a second that just because they are loaded with cash, doesn't mean they don't work for their fans.

Last edited by josha31042 : 10-10-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:59 PM   #19
Redeemer
USER INFO »
Contact:  Send a message via AIM to Redeemer Send a message via MSN to Redeemer Send a message via Yahoo to Redeemer

Oy vey... um. So, about this tour... I really tried to listen to the whole thing, but really, I got impatient.

I will wait until the dates get posted so I can yell "NO NYC SHOW?! AAGH!" at the computer screen again. [Let us hope not...]
Old 10-10-2009, 10:02 PM   #20
josha31042
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by Redeemer)
Oy vey... um. So, about this tour... I really tried to listen to the whole thing, but really, I got impatient.

I will wait until the dates get posted so I can yell "NO NYC SHOW?! AAGH!" at the computer screen again. [Let us hope not...]

They're already posted.....the closest they come to New York, is PA.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #21
josha31042
USER INFO »

Maybe she'll realize I'm kidding, before she blows her voice out by screaming at the computer screen for hours....
Old 10-10-2009, 10:58 PM   #22
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) I want to hear a couple of those new songs Stapp sang live about a year ago.
yeah, some of them sounded pretty good.He left his solo band behind lol
Old 10-10-2009, 11:01 PM   #23
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) yeah, some of them sounded pretty good.He left his solo band behind lol

I wonder how they felt about the Creed reunion, just getting dropped like that.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:05 PM   #24
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by josha31042) What are you? 12?

I'm a sound tech, and I can tell you that working in any type of live event, puts unmeasureable amounts of pressure on all who are involved.

Think about the crews that have to spend all day long, hooking up the lights and setting the stage up, making sure the board is connected properly, doing dry tests to make sure all the pyro and lights are working, and doing SOUNDCHECK to make sure ungreatful little kids like you, can actually get a decent quality sound and show out of it all.

And then AFTER the show, they have to take everything down, and pack everything up and head to the next town to do the same thing. And they virtually get little to no credit for their work.

And then there's the band. A band like Creed have dozens of media obligations, personal pressure, industry pressure, pressure from the label, pressure from the FANS, pressure from their FAMILIES, and a demand to perform at their very best, almost each and every single
night while on tour. They have to prepare themselves for the backlash that the media might give them over a bad show, and for the very real possibility that something might go wrong and cause a cancellation.

Because, let's face it......we all know how well you could take it, having YOUR name and face on the cover of every magazine, telling people about how bad you screwed up at a show the night before. Because, if something small goes wrong, thousands of people will turn it into an ordeal that won't be forgotten within the next 10 years.

Working in the music industry is the farthest thing from easy, unless you're doing it for a hobby and have no desire to become largely successful. It's just a once in a lifetime oppurtunity you'd have
to be insane to pass up. It's still a job. And the pressure they face is no different from the pressures we face each and every day. They are human beings, they're just in the eyes of the media.

They have to work every bit as much as we do, especially if they care about their fans, in order to become a successful act in the music industry. The only difference is, their job platform allows them to market to millions of people, therefore earning them millions of dollars
in the process.

If you can dream it, you can live it.
Some of us get the chance, some don't.
But don't think for a second that just because they are loaded with cash, doesn't mean they don't work for their fans.

hi im 12 years old and i move furniture for a living.
im sorry but your rant was just awful. i will never ever feel sorry for famous rock stars. ever. ever. is your rant about rock stars or stage tech? because you kinda just ranted about both. you should take a creative writing course at your local community college.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:07 PM   #25
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

i really hate to say this but isn't a spring tour the result of this current one not being so successful? you could argue their doing it because the current tour is successful but from what ive heard most of the venues they've played were 1/3 full. i'm not sure if they sold out any of their shows, maybe the houston one that was a good show it looked pretty packed as well.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:09 PM   #26
rabidgopher04
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creediscool17) i really hate to say this but isn't a spring tour the result of this current one not being so successful? you could argue their doing it because the current tour is successful but from what ive heard most of the venues they've played were 1/3 full. i'm not sure if they sold out any of their shows, maybe the houston one that was a good show it looked pretty packed as well.

Why would they do a 2nd tour if no one came to the first?
Old 10-10-2009, 11:54 PM   #27
josha31042
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by creediscool17) hi im 12 years old.

Really wouldn't doubt it, mate.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:17 AM   #28
nagpo
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by josha31042) Really wouldn't doubt it, mate.
Im 12 years old. What is this? lmao
Old 10-11-2009, 02:53 AM   #29
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by rabidgopher04) Why would they do a 2nd tour if no one came to the first?

because the first one didnt make any money? i dont know durrrrr
Old 10-11-2009, 02:54 AM   #30
creediscool17
Banned
USER INFO »

Quote: (Originally Posted by nagpo) Im 12 years old. What is this? lmao
\

josha called me a 12 year old, after i posted my views on bands having an easy time compared to people like myself who actually work hard for a living.